What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
@annabell1 I forgot to put this in the other post of mine in reply to you.

The delivery driver brought the groceries inside the kitchen, we did not have to fingernail a signature on his phone as it was all about keeping the distance between us with no contact. He took a pix of the groceries where he put them instead.

I asked about the return of the bags from the last delivery, he just said chuck them in the basket as nothing had been said about not taking them back for a refund.
Thanks for that interesting that he came into the house with them though. I read were some just leave them outside of your home. Were you happy with the products you received.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On topic, breakfast tea with almond milk. In reply to the quote, your doctor(s) will identify those most at risk and a standard letter will arrive telling them (us) to stay put for 3 months and isolate from family symptoms or not
oGj6CcJZzoGZ_rHudkt-vntzaH_VFzX4VmEqpA5btJY1hFVTQgAU-1PUgUes2W3HCenxfIH1PsHDtEmUUPPcsClRJ54auZ_QF71a2Kr2DHaQQ6KvlZUvEYVNPHIMEJWeyWQH0ERM

totally separate from the text. Hope this helps.
If it is all the same @Chook no hugs thanks - one can't be too careful:angelic:

Reactions: maglil55

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
So our government allowed over 300 people to disembark from the ruby cruise in Sydney with no testing or advise to self isolate and now they have been tested positive with covid-19 here in Australia. Can not believe this government. And today got a text message from our government
After last night been advised of new social distancing that has confused everyone.

Anyway my food have been

Last night Left over steak that I chopped up and reheated in a pan with some sesame seed oil hoisin sauce served on gluten free soft toco and a rocket tomato salad with lime and olive oil dressing

Today bacon and eggs with a slice of toasted sourdough bread with some butter.
Afternoon tea a peach and cup of green tea
Sorry forgot to add received a telleconfference call from one of my Endocrinologist today he was happy with my BSL reading but he didn't have a copy of my recent blood test but said if any issues will contact me but never heard from him so must be good but have no knowledge of my levels now. But received a call from my receptionist from my GP who advised me my thyroid levels were high and need to change my dose and my heamogloben is low and wants me to have another blood test so have to go in to pick up the referral and prescriptions so hopefully I can get the results when I see GP then. I requested first appointment being immune compromised i feel better as hopefully not many people around.

Take care everyone

Hoq is everyones anxiet as my anxiety at the moment is ridiculously high worrying about my family my friends and everyone in this world stay well and safe everyone.

Last edited:

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
Just put a normal online shop order in, when you go through the checkout, it will show all of the available delivery windows available like it did before so you can pick a suitable time.
Thank you sorry my app is not showing replies to my comments i just noticed this scrolling through.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
Breakfast: Two egg, cheese and mushroom omelette, tomatoes, spudlite.
Lunch: Cheese, lettuce, kimchi, low carb wrap.
Dinner: Steak and veggies, pan juice gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.

Regulating how many eggs I use in the omelettes, till I get a full four dozen eggs in the fridge again then will be back to three eggs.

Bundaberg rum distillery are donating 100 thousand litres of ethanol to the Queensland state government to use in making half a million bottles of hand sanitiser.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03...s-push-to-meet-hand-sanitiser-demand/12085426
I found a large bottle of methylated spirits I purchased that forgot I had it has ethanol 98% so read you can make sanitiser using aloevera gel and ethanol so may give it a go. As can not find any sanitiser anywhere

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
Just notice on Twitter that prince Charles has coranovirus even This virus dont care who's royalty and who's poor.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
If it is all the same @Chook no hugs thanks - one can't be too careful:angelic:

I'm sure a virtual hug will be okay... ;)

Can dogs get Coronavirus? All three of mine have got poorly tummies. No dog food will be consumed in this house for the next 24 hours.

Apparently Coronavirus has reached this village - at least two people are very poorly with it and are now in hospital. The butchers and post office have both been shut for a deep clean.

Today's food...

Breakfast: usual omelette with carb free syrup (although I will soon have to think of something else as eggs are in short supply here)

Lunch: cheese on one slice Burgen bread with a small mushroom salad

Dinner: mozzarella, tomato, olives, basil and rocket salad - i might have a little finely sliced fennel on it as i now have one spare.

Drinks: black decaff coffee, water, red wine

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone tried Sainsburys Click & Collect. I have one booked tomorrow at 11am at branch half an hours drive away. I led to believe it is conducted in the car park, you give your order no to person with tablet and they subsequently carry it to the car put it down but dont load it. I am going to do it taking great precautions with sanitising Dettox wipes etc. Son who had vowed to keep me supplied works for NHS as an analyst and is crazy busy as you would imagine working from home an hour’s drive away. I am learning how to manage and rotate food though guess all wont work out. Put some tenderstem brocolli going out of date in freezer?
Anyway today we are eating.
Toast for brekkie (LivLife for me).
Lunch turkey slices and coleslaw and cucumber. Small apple.
Supper: have made a kind of Beef curry to use up beef and red pepper, used curry powder and tinned tomatoes.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I found a large bottle of methylated spirits I purchased that forgot I had it has ethanol 98% so read you can make sanitiser using aloevera gel and ethanol so may give it a go. As can not find any sanitiser anywhere

Neil tells me he has found 2 old bottles of surgical spirit in the "tool shed" - actually a very big cupboard which really needs sorting out - he has obviously started doing it. Not sure if it "goes off" but it might be useful for wiping down surfaces, if we can stand the smell.

No prizes for guessing that I had cold pork for breakfast - no veg with it, giving my insides a rest after lots of veg yesterday.

Lunch was hard boiled eggs with mayonnaise.

Dinner will be something with the pork again. Might venture a few salady things to go with it. I have a few tomatoes and some cucumber, some spring onions, some baby spinach. I'll do something with those, I expect.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not what I've eaten today but what I will eat tomorrow, as of course I started way too late to get my oxtail done before dinner :)
The little black cat and his brother are the reason my stew is in the bathroom, which is the only room I can close against prying paws.

I have the same problem as last time I made oxtail stew: No room anymore for the celeriac and the fennel I wanted to put in as well :hilarious:
But maybe there will be some room in an hour or so, and otherwise it will likely taste well without it :)

90714893_10220225705747170_6677562483189743616_o.jpg

90758884_10220225712027327_1603091698508890112_o.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone tried Sainsburys Click & Collect. I have one booked tomorrow at 11am at branch half an hours drive away. I led to believe it is conducted in the car park, you give your order no to person with tablet and they subsequently carry it to the car put it down but dont load it. I am going to do it taking great precautions with sanitising Dettox wipes etc. Son who had vowed to keep me supplied works for NHS as an analyst and is crazy busy as you would imagine working from home an hour’s drive away. I am learning how to manage and rotate food though guess all wont work out. Put some tenderstem brocolli going out of date in freezer?
Anyway today we are eating.
Toast for brekkie (LivLife for me).
Lunch turkey slices and coleslaw and cucumber. Small apple.
Supper: have made a kind of Beef curry to use up beef and red pepper, used curry powder and tinned tomatoes.
I have. I used it the day my car broke down again on the bypass. The lovely couple that stopped to help me went to inform them what had happened and despite being 2 hours after my "slot" it wasn't an issue. The entrance for mine is at the side of the building where the depot is for the home deliveries. They have a drive through area marked off and an intercom (a bit like a car park) where you contact them inside. You give them the details (just wanted my name), pull over into one of the waiting areas and they bring it out in a trolley. They're now bagging again for the time being. You transfer to your car, they sign for you and you're off. I had latex gloves on and Dettol wipes in the car. It's all very painless and quick and I would still be using it were it not for the fact I don't trust my car to make it there and back. Once my car is changed I'll happily make use of it again. You'll get an email on the day so you know what's not available or any daft substitutions. They're not taking rejections currently and I haven't checked to see what the revised rules are yet.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Missed posting last night. Don’t remember all food, but dinner was roast pork belly. Got the crackling nice and crispy.

Today had some cheese and a pack of cheesies early on. 2 fried eggs and some streaky bacon for lunch and a carnivore pizza with pepperoni and chorizo topping for dinner. Dessert at lunch time was Lidl 95% chocolate with cream.

2D67F5CA-E61F-4ED0-991C-9BA1570D3E91.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all another glorious day weather wise so something to be thankful for at least.
Black coffee this morning then tea.
Brunch: smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, avocado. Still hungry so lump of cheddar too.
Dinner: calves liver with bacon and buttery cabbage. 2 glasses red. We will need to have liver again tomorrow as it was a whole liver I found in the freezer. No idea why I didn’t divide into portions before freezing. Daft.
Never used Sainsbury’s click and collect but sounds a good system so hope it works for you @PenguinMum.
@Antje77 stew looks great but I can quite understand why it needs to be kept in the bathroom behind closed doors!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 1 of 3 month shielding - no complaints about the need. If I emerge unscathed or a bed I might have occupied is available for someone who is saved has to be good, B=: Tea - with AM, sweetened : L: CW almond+ whole milk + SF caramel syrup; 2 slices Ox tongue, small piece cheddar + tea; Aft: Water; Meal: Cheese omelette and spinach; Chocologic Belgian choc. No click and collect or supermarket delivery here. Local farm will provide a no contact half pig and veg box next Friday which 1 of the boys will collect. I/we have low carb food. I'm lucky.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Thanks for that interesting that he came into the house with them though. I read were some just leave them outside of your home. Were you happy with the products you received.
On the checkout page with the delivery times, there was a bit that you had to state if you have any symptoms of CV19, it was set on the default NO. If it was set on YES they would have left it outside the door for you to bring in yourself.

We were happy with the food items that were substituted for the out of stock stuff.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have. I used it the day my car broke down again on the bypass. The lovely couple that stopped to help me went to inform them what had happened and despite being 2 hours after my "slot" it wasn't an issue. The entrance for mine is at the side of the building where the depot is for the home deliveries. They have a drive through area marked off and an intercom (a bit like a car park) where you contact them inside. You give them the details (just wanted my name), pull over into one of the waiting areas and they bring it out in a trolley. They're now bagging again for the time being. You transfer to your car, they sign for you and you're off. I had latex gloves on and Dettol wipes in the car. It's all very painless and quick and I would still be using it were it not for the fact I don't trust my car to make it there and back. Once my car is changed I'll happily make use of it again. You'll get an email on the day so you know what's not available or any daft substitutions. They're not taking rejections currently and I haven't checked to see what the revised rules are yet.
Thanks for the info. I hope so much you are starting to seriously get better. Hey everyone I think we are all warriors if not on tbe front line but trying to feed our households with good nutrition.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: packet of cheesies followed by Greek yoghurt, coconut chia pudding and paleo berry and almond granola.
Mid afternoon: birthday cake phd bar with black coffee.
Dinner: sticky ribs with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Made a new batch of my LC chocolate granola this afternoon, it’s nice to take time cooking at the moment while we are staying home :)

9B395754-60CF-4B57-89E7-07E3D49407ED.jpeg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very very busy few days both here on the forum, and with work.

I am one of the very lucky ones who can keep working through this, and everything has gone ballistic at work because of COVID-19. My role is considered business critical - thank goodness - otherwise they could grab me and redistribute me elsewhere. At least with that designation I get to stay in my usual role + dealing with the extra COVID chaos, rather than being plucked out to pastures confusing. Lots of extra paperwork though, while they work out how few healthy staff we can actually stay functional with. Our service MUST stay running. There isn’t any other option. All leave cancelled and we’ve been told we can transfer it to next financial year if we are in for a long haul. I must admit a certain wistful envy for those at home with only the garden and hobbies to entertain. Lol. But I am certainly not complaining about the money and the security. I definitely count myself extraordinarily lucky when so many are in insecure situations.

B: scram egg and sausages. Mr B can’t go out to his usual breakfast haunts, so more effort is going into home brekkies.
L: smoked mackerel with chilli sauce
D: burglars, cooked by Mr B, the wonderful man

and I’m about to sample a v non-carni Pistachio vegan shake by purition, to see if it hits the spot. :)

Mr B still working too. Key worker. But they are running a reduced service, so he may get less brutal shifts for a while. I hope so. He needs a bit of down time.

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Usual cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes.
Lunch: Not much, hand full of cherry tomatoes out at the block.
Dinner: Curried beef, veggies.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea no sugars, water.

Got important info from the Federal government yesterday regarding CV 19 by text message.

Coronavirus Aus Gov msg:

To stop the spread, stay 1.5m from others, follow rules on social gatherings, wash hands, stay home if sick.

aus.gov.au

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Breakfast: Usual cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes.
Lunch: Not much, hand full of cherry tomatoes out at the block.
Dinner: Curried beef, veggies.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea no sugars, water.

Got important info from the Federal government yesterday regarding CV 19 by text message.

Very similar to the rules here except we have to keep a distance of 2 metres which is, apparently, how far cough droplets spread.