What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
is it time we all wore masks ?

yes, i know that say it doesn't protect the wearer.

but is that they best use for it anyway?

if I wear a mask..i limit your exposure to my germs, coughs or sneezes.

me wearing one, protects YOU more then it protects me.

maybe we need to get out of our comfort zone and stop the "masks don't work"

if we want the best chances as a society, to slow the spread of this Virus.

I do NOT want to see an italy or a s spain here.

If we want to stay in what is that doing...stopping our germs travelling to others.

would not stopping THAT spread of germs, by masks as well, not be sensible /

Story i read is the WHO may be advising at some point.

the french lost 5 doctors, and italy has lost as has spain etc.

WHAT do we have to lose, right now. ..?
Had to shop yesterday for 90 year old FIL. Some with masks on, gloves, but one lady was covered from top to toe clothes wise. Gloves. Goggles (massive) and N95. I has to keep avoiding HER. she wasnt keeping to her end of the bargain.....and only young (as far as I could see)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know the rules, do one of us have a go now or is there a new challenge? :)

Well I thought one challenge a day.
But do have another go by so means.

New challenge word tomorrow someone, please
Thinking caps on

And as we all know rules are meant to be broken
(,But not the SD..obv )
So just post.. The VAR after will while away a little more time..so win / win

:D

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is one pretty looking Yanmar, and so very clean!
The position of the fuel filter is perfect for emergency cleaning and changing in a rough situation! Don't forget to make sure to have the whatsitcalled to get the filter off if it's stuck within easy reach as well ;)

images
Hi there @Antje77 Yes I have a chain wrench to start the oil filter removal, coming soon. Engine is even cleaner now, as I have repainted some areas, using genuine engine paint (yes, it does exist!). Fuel filter comes apart easily once central spindle is unbolted. Thanks for your kind wishes. BTW, that yacht test pic was of another boat on our Gibsea site, not mine, best to delete.
Keep safe.

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had to shop yesterday for 90 year old FIL. Some with masks on, gloves, but one lady was covered from top to toe clothes wise. Gloves. Goggles (massive) and N95. I has to keep avoiding HER. she wasnt keeping to her end of the bargain.....and only young (as far as I could see)

It does engender a sense of false security for those wearing that does make them a little reckless near others I think.

And am I the only, one when nurses and doctors saving lives don't have kit, yet someone buying butter feels they are more deserving....:rolleyes:

Bitng my tongue ...... For now

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
right..we are stuck indoors for some amount of the day.
sure the forum has untold games etc, so happy with that, BUT
to occupy our minds, while away a little of the day, and make use of ALL the internet useage we all probably doing.

may i suggest a daily challenge for all.
We pick a topic, and then in our wandering we find a relevant link to that topic.
last person to post topic drops out and lets someone else choose, seems fair ?

For example for today: RAIN

so PIC, Video, (public or a private one )
a song
and a TV or Show on netflix etc

not expecting all the above, but for those looking anyway, the subject may pop up,
the song may be one you already know and can relate too,
and with the endless box sets etc on the catch up networks the films tv shows may
well spring to mind

I'd like seeing that as a pointer to things we may not have looked at or heard of.
if only one person looks and likes it, then the effort isn't wasted, really.

anyone else in ?

nice easy one to start
make it as difficult as ya like...you will be judged obv, if we all struggle....:hilarious:

but it may just keep us entertained looking for a while..so all good.:D

as Pluto says..Sunday Fun day..:headphone:
rain
20200328_140955.jpg

Reactions: geefull

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's painting for my picture every day using SketchClubApp for the painting.

I drew with coloured crayons a series of clown faces, many years ago. I gave all the 40 originals away. So I tried today painting in SketchClub App one of them. I worked a couple of hours on this. It does need a bit more work on the eyes, but I have a couple of other projects I want to do today, so this is finished now...

3E977406-FDEE-4764-BF47-8B93102999DC.jpeg

Even as a child I thought clowns were scary and sad. I never thought they were funny...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's art effort is a result of watching back episodes of Portrait Artist of the Year, I have never done portraits, life drawing yes but not portraits. So here is a self portrait for my first attempt, Pastels and A4 about 1 and a half hours. Messy stuff forgot to put my apron on so now have to wash my jeans, idiot! I did a self portrait as I didn't want to offend Mrs MC by trying her portrait and getting it wrong, I value my life and peace of mind too much.

I have posted snap I worked from....
View attachment 39760

Snap worked from
View attachment 39761

Now I'm going to try it in oils.
It is funny that we both did faces today @Muddy Cyclist
That is a good self portrait.
Pastels are terribly messy...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's painting for my picture every day using SketchClubApp for the painting.

I drew with coloured crayons a series of clown faces, many years ago. I gave all the 40 originals away. So I tried today painting in SketchClub App one of them. I worked a couple of hours on this. It does need a bit more work on the eyes, but I have a couple of other projects I want to do today, so this is finished now...

View attachment 39759

Even as a child I thought clowns were scary and sad. I never thought they were funny...
Same wave lengths @gennepher like it very much, a whole series perhaps. I agree with your sentiment regarding clowns, Mrs MC really dislikes them.