What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast:h/m granola, one slice of burgen toast with butter
lunch: another slice of toast (!) with chicken liver pate, cucumber and tomato, raspberries with cream and h/m chocolate granola
dinner: cheese and onion bake with salad, protein bar.
snacks: caffine free diet coke with gouda cheesies, two pieces of godiva 90% chocolate.

seem to be doing loads of exercise tho', may burn off extra toast????:angelic:

Seem to be able to get a sainsbury's delivery in our area, which is good as we have to deliver food to the parent's in law once a week - 75 and 80 years young. This weeks order had an eye wateringly amount of sugar laden foodstuff! I never knew that Ovaltine was 80% carbs:arghh:.......

stay safe guys x

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 So only Heather's haunches remain?? Bed 5.9 FBG 5.3. Legs were a bit better last night following shower but I was up just after 6am to get paracetamol. Managed to get back to sleep though. Gums are still a bit irritated but not as bad as they were. At least I felt improved enough today to do a bit more deep cleaning in the kitchen. I gave the washing machine a good clean yesterday but when I went to use it today nothing would work. Fortunately, after much raking around youtube, I discovered I'd accidentally turned on the child lock! That could have been embarrassing if it was possible to get an engineer out. Took all of 3 seconds to fix!
@DCUKMod - I mentioned to OH about the LIDL air fryer just as a "I'll probably buy that one when current Tefal one breaks down". That prompted him to look at it and now he keeps looking at it but has now progressed to "we really should buy it". "It's in a week tomorrow". "You could go for you shopping early on the Monday and buy one". I fear he is developing an obsession with it. I did point out the current air fryer works but was told - " This one does so much more. You could make your own veggie crisps in the dehydrator". Eventually discovered the attraction is the rotisserie as all the deli counters are closed. He's going to buy it for me. Would I be wrong to refuse?
B. TAG and I followed @Annb in having slice of black pudding, 2 rashers back bacon, fried egg and 4 cherry tomatoes.
L. Just a lot of water. Sweating a bit but hopefully this is my body getting rid of the last of this bug.
D. Will be rib eye steak, mushrooms, green beans and celeriac fries. Hubby is making real chips for himself again. May have a bit of DGF something afterwards. Will certainly have a campari and soda.

It's all kicked off a bit here. Ms Sturgeon's CMO got caught going with her family and the dog to their holiday cottage. Kicked off in the media and online and it seems she's now admitted they were there last weekend too (bit daft I thought). Not surprisingly joe public is calling for her head for not following her own advice.

Oooer. I'll be interested to hear how you get along with it.

One thing I really like is being able to see the food as it is cooking (the light can be switched on/off etc), although when I was drying some chillies, way back, we laughed as they started flying around the cavity, when they got dry.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oooer. I'll be interested to hear how you get along with it.

One thing I really like is being able to see the food as it is cooking (the light can be switched on/off etc), although when I was drying some chillies, way back, we laughed as they started flying around the cavity, when they got dry.
So the view of you and @ianpspurs is give in gracefully and allow him to buy it?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So the view of you and @ianpspurs is give in gracefully and allow him to buy it?

Indeed it would be.

We had a little conversation about it this end, but we don't need two! Even I can see that.

I'm sure you know all the things an AF can do, but the shelves were a winner for me. We really should give the rotisserie a whirl (deliberate), but MrB doesn't care for chicken too much.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Seem to be able to get a sainsbury's delivery in our area, which is good as we have to deliver food to the parent's in law once a week - 75 and 80 years young.
How old were they when you booked the slot?:angelic:

Reactions: maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone use an App to manage their pantry, fridges and freezers? There are so many around, it's tricky to choose one.

I'd want something we can both access and use dynamically, so if MrB takes something out of the freezer, or whatever, and takes it off the inventory (OK, the routine of remembering thing is likely a challenge for both of us!), the inventory needs to be updated to my devices too.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone use an App to manage their pantry, fridges and freezers? There are so many around, it's tricky to choose one.

I'd want something we can both access and use dynamically, so if MrB takes something out of the freezer, or whatever, and takes it off the inventory (OK, the routine of remembering thing is likely a challenge for both of us!), the inventory needs to be updated to my devices too.
Top percentile of 1st world problems that one. Doesn't your fridge read barcodes and update inventory itself? https://www.appliancecity.co.uk/ref...XO7lplbkAGptjucFncvgtdfG2sa9_xdxoCSAcQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How old were they when you booked the slot?:angelic:
Before I was diagnosed I think!!!
Once all the vulnerable are catered for, they're releasing slots three days at a time to delivery pass members, so I just keep a lookout. May come in handy when I get an order to deliver in the community (through NHS responder) They wouldn't let me have a blue light for my car a la Starsky and Hutch tho :(

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Lots to catch up on today - you’re a chatty bunch!

@Brunneria glad mutt 1 survived in tact.
@Chook hugs for the hands and the shock this morning. Last week we took a break during a long conference call, and as I returned to my laptop heard someone crashing about in the kitchen - somewhat worrying given I live alone - only to discover it was a colleague who had left their sound on!
@maglil55 and @DCUKMod lockdown is likely the only thing between me and the Lidl air fryer. Nearest Lidl is 25 mins walk away so in the absence of public transport it may have to wait.
@DJC3 leave Heather’s bottom alone!

On to today. Lunch was tuna mixed with cream cheese - am loving that as a mayo alternative. Prepped dinner before my afternoon walk. Ended up leaving the Thames Path in favour of backstreets as keeping 2 metre distance was getting stressful - perfectly possible, but taking too much concentration. Ended up finding some woodland I didn’t know existed and spotting a nesting swan. Wonderful to have beef short ribs ready and waiting on my return.

D12C315D-AEDF-4FE9-82B0-D4B0834B1B6E.jpeg
FE48D614-2D30-47D2-BED9-16E9EB95E524.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Before I was diagnosed I think!!!
Once all the vulnerable are catered for, they're releasing slots three days at a time to delivery pass members, so I just keep a lookout. May come in handy when I get an order to deliver in the community (through NHS responder) They wouldn't let me have a blue light for my car a la Starsky and Hutch tho :(
All good. We have yet to find any supermarket website that allows me to identify that I am shielding and Julie has symptoms so is self isolating. Good job we have sons nearby.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aw, that's no good, you need priority, friends and family are a blessing at times like this

The parent's in law are in Bradford and we are Holmfirth side of Huddersfield so hope that if we get stopped by the cops ;) they see it as an essential journey!! Just leaving shopping on doorstop obviously, although my mother in law was at pains to tell us she couldn't ask us in for anything to eat:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: Chook and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Will catch up with posts in a bit but wanted to write my todays food up to make sure I have done it as didn't yesterday!
Sad day yesterday and contemplative day today for us. I had a phone call on Thursday pm from my friend and neighbour (adjoining house) that her husband - a 69 year old lovely man who has MS was poorly with high temp - he'd been fine the day before! He has to have carers every day to help him with personal care ( and they seem to have been many and more varied recently in the crisis) and his sons ( who have family) to help put him to bed. Can't believe it still - but he died on Saturday lunchtime! seeing undertakers arrive with masks etc brings it all home..... Want to give my friend a hug but clearly I cant and wont be able to pay my respects at the funeral. Clearly the most vulnerable are not shielded as they need help from carers who go from client to client and often, i believe, without the right protective equipment.
breakfast Bacon egg and toasted chaffle with a spoon of sugar free beans
lunch lc cheese scone with some cheese and celery followed by LC granola bar
dinner beef, roasted celeriac and asparagus followed by LC HM chocolate and raspbery brownie with cream.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 So only Heather's haunches remain?? Bed 5.9 FBG 5.3. Legs were a bit better last night following shower but I was up just after 6am to get paracetamol. Managed to get back to sleep though. Gums are still a bit irritated but not as bad as they were. At least I felt improved enough today to do a bit more deep cleaning in the kitchen. I gave the washing machine a good clean yesterday but when I went to use it today nothing would work. Fortunately, after much raking around youtube, I discovered I'd accidentally turned on the child lock! That could have been embarrassing if it was possible to get an engineer out. Took all of 3 seconds to fix!
@DCUKMod - I mentioned to OH about the LIDL air fryer just as a "I'll probably buy that one when current Tefal one breaks down". That prompted him to look at it and now he keeps looking at it but has now progressed to "we really should buy it". "It's in a week tomorrow". "You could go for you shopping early on the Monday and buy one". I fear he is developing an obsession with it. I did point out the current air fryer works but was told - " This one does so much more. You could make your own veggie crisps in the dehydrator". Eventually discovered the attraction is the rotisserie as all the deli counters are closed. He's going to buy it for me. Would I be wrong to refuse?
B. TAG and I followed @Annb in having slice of black pudding, 2 rashers back bacon, fried egg and 4 cherry tomatoes.
L. Just a lot of water. Sweating a bit but hopefully this is my body getting rid of the last of this bug.
D. Will be rib eye steak, mushrooms, green beans and celeriac fries. Hubby is making real chips for himself again. May have a bit of DGF something afterwards. Will certainly have a campari and soda.

It's all kicked off a bit here. Ms Sturgeon's CMO got caught going with her family and the dog to their holiday cottage. Kicked off in the media and online and it seems she's now admitted they were there last weekend too (bit daft I thought). Not surprisingly joe public is calling for her head for not following her own advice.

Not even Heather’s haunches remain now - I’ve scoffed the whole 200g egg in 3 days. Good grief!
I think you should definitely not look a gift horse in the mouth and if Mr Maglil55 wants the airfryer/ rotisserie then strike while the iron’s hot!
I heard on this afternoon’s news about the Scottish CMO - more than embarrassing, I don’t see how she can survive this.
I hope you are finally seeing the back of this bug.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All good. We have yet to find any supermarket website that allows me to identify that I am shielding and Julie has symptoms so is self isolating. Good job we have sons nearby.

Good job indeed. Must be very hard for you both, is Julie showing any signs of improvement?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Will catch up with posts in a bit but wanted to write my todays food up to make sure I have done it as didn't yesterday!
Sad day yesterday and contemplative day today for us. I had a phone call on Thursday pm from my friend and neighbour (adjoining house) that her husband - a 69 year old lovely man who has MS was poorly with high temp - he'd been fine the day before! He has to have carers every day to help him with personal care ( and they seem to have been many and more varied recently in the crisis) and his sons ( who have family) to help put him to bed. Can't believe it still - but he died on Saturday lunchtime! seeing undertakers arrive with masks etc brings it all home..... Want to give my friend a hug but clearly I cant and wont be able to pay my respects at the funeral. Clearly the most vulnerable are not shielded as they need help from carers who go from client to client and often, i believe, without the right protective equipment.
breakfast Bacon egg and toasted chaffle with a spoon of sugar free beans
lunch lc cheese scone with some cheese and celery followed by LC granola bar
dinner beef, roasted celeriac and asparagus followed by LC HM chocolate and raspbery brownie with cream.
So sorry for that tragedy on your doorstep. Mr PM and I in our rare moments of serious chat (trying not to dwell on it) think that if you get this at home and can die at home it must be better than dying in hospital with intrusive interventions and without loved ones. Defo what we would choose.
Back to thread. Today was LC toast (not for much longer). Lunch was two slices ham, spoon coleslaw and cheese scone for me. Supper baked salmon with Teriyaki sauce and brocolli. Take great care everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good job indeed. Must be very hard for you both, is Julie showing any signs of improvement?
Julie is still very tired and sleeps most of the day. I was really highlighting how the alleged access to the database of those shielding linking to supermarkets just isn't working. We had the resources to buy another freezer last week and the 1/2 pig and will freeze some veggies. How many can't/couldn't especially when they haven't been paid for a while?

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lots of hugs @shelley262 , when it hits home in such a personal way the whole thing is so much more real.
@Tori71 you are right, family and friends are such a blessing, I couldn’t help but smile at your MIL apologising for not being able to invite you in for a cuppa.
@Goonergal Heather’s gone! Just her eggs left behind all lonely and forlorn. Must try the cream cheese/tuna combo.
Today started with black coffee then the local fisherman who can’t sell to the non-existent fish markets anymore, but who offered home delivery to people in nearby villages, arrived on the doorstep. 10kg mixed fish -plaice, bass, sole, mackerel all sorts. Super fresh just off the boat. Mr C spent the morning cleaning and I bagged and froze portions.
Lunch 2 fried Mackerel from today’s catch -amazing, no fishy smell filled the house and the flavour was so delicate and subtle. It was delicious.
Dinner: rolled roast beef rib. Cauli cheese and sauteed sprouts. 2 glasses red
1d279db5-0bfb-4282-b8f6-29036dbf69a9.jpg