What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
08-04-2020
Breakfast nut granola, scrambled eggs CWC.
Lunch. Ham salad. Small piece of seeded baguette. Piece of cheese with the last of the caramelized onion chutney.. Tea.
Snack. Several pieces of cheese.
Dinner frozen salmon lasagne.carrots and brocolli. Glass of wine. That was the last of the white wine.
Rode my bike to the nearby village today. Decades since regular use of bicycle. Rather scary venturing out onto roads, am a bit wobbly and letting go of handlebars to signal is impossible. Don't see how to practice, when not supposed to be out either. Took the rubbish and bought a small baguette. Twenty five mins to do a ten min car journey. Scaled up the drive to town takes fifteen to twenty minutes. By bike perhaps three or four times as long. Plus the very limited amount i can carry. Is this really going to be practical?
MrSlim is going shopping tomorrow. It will be the first time he has been out since lockdown. He is hoping one of the builders merchants will be open. It seems as if there is no national policy. Each store manager makes an independent decision as to how they will operate. Some are doing a kind of drive through. He will be taking a grocery shopping list with him. Essential items, obviously.

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Currently trying to tempt my tastebuds to wake up making a vegetable and egg dish, which I thought was original but is very similar to Rachel Allen's huevos rancheros (she is on TV right now). Mine is very thin slices of a potato that I found in the cupboard, sliced spring onions - I only have one onion left and don't want to waste it - should get more in today's shopping, a chopped up pickled green pepper, a piece of ginger, chopped small, 2 cloves of garlic, also chopped small, a little piece of cauliflower, tiny florets and 2 tomatoes, chopped up, some salt and a pinch of curry powder. These are frying in butter right now. I'll add a couple of eggs at the end. Rachel Allen puts grated cheese on hers, but I'll give that a miss.

If this goes well, I'm thinking of making something along the lines of veg biriani this evening, but with cauliflower rice, or maybe something along the lines of special fried rice, again with cauliflower. We'll see how it goes.

Last night I finally decided I would have to eat something so melted some cheese on slices of RyVita. Didn't enjoy it, but it filled a gap. Despite the small amount of food yesterday BG at bedtime was 12.5 (I did take insulin before the RyVita/cheese effort.) I'm not going to worry about it - still obviously a bit under the weather so that will probably be the reason.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Good morning :)

My sore-ish throat and slight headache have returned and I woke up with 11.1 FBG this morning, other than that I just feel tired. My BG started rising from mid afternoon yesterday. I think I'll just do a 'wait and see' to see if it develops in to anything more.

As suggested by GP I tried increasing the dose of Tramadol yesterday and felt absolutely dreadful with some fairly macabre hallucinations again. (Note to self: stop reading books about a Zombie Apocalypse.) Mr C pointed out that my achey joints have got a lot worse since I stopped taking ibuprofen (when we had the warning not to take it for CV-19 symptoms. So I'm now back on ibuprofen and have stopped the Tramadol.

Today's menu

Breakfast: usual omelette with carb free syrup

Lunch: Actimel and possibly a bit of brie

Dinner: some more of Tuesday's delicious minestrone soup

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning :)

My sore-ish throat and slight headache have returned and I woke up with 11.1 FBG this morning, other than that I just feel tired. My BG started rising from mid afternoon yesterday. I think I'll just do a 'wait and see' to see if it develops in to anything more.

As suggested by GP I tried increasing the dose of Tramadol yesterday and felt absolutely dreadful with some fairly macabre hallucinations again. (Note to self: stop reading books about a Zombie Apocalypse.) Mr C pointed out that my achey joints have got a lot worse since I stopped taking ibuprofen (when we had the warning not to take it for CV-19 symptoms. So I'm now back on ibuprofen and have stopped the Tramadol.

Today's menu

Breakfast: usual omelette with carb free syrup

Lunch: Actimel and possibly a bit of brie

Dinner: some more of Tuesday's delicious minestrone soup

So sorry to hear that you are feeling worse. Some drugs are bad for causing bad dreams/hallucinations. You must do what seems to suit you - doctors only know how the average person reacts and can't know you as well as you know yourself. But do take care that it doesn't make any other symptoms worse. I thought the advice was not to start taking ibuprofen for symptoms but not to stop what you are already doing. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Breakfast 7/4/20
Hot cross bun with butter and black coffee

Dinner grilled forequarter lamb chop with tabbelah and grill potatoes, using cabbage and lettuce to make wraps with, chilli sauce and spoon sour cream.

Breakfast yesterday
I made myself some homemade flatbread using yogurt and flour and a bit of salt. Served with fried ham and egg scramble some capscium. And a black coffee.

Lunch Hotcross bun with butter

Dinner leftovers tabbelah served in cabbage leaves and lettuce.

Breakfast hot cross buns butter and black coffee

Dinner homemade chicken, veggies and walnuts stir fry with basmati rice.

White Peach

20200409_185744.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today slice of HiLo from the bowels of the freezer toasted, good butter, lots tea.
Lunch lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spoon coleslaw and Scotch egg (probably too carby but will get over it)
Supper will be fishfingers and brocolli.
I am so disappointed my Sodastream hasnt arrived after 2 weeks. Checked with them this morning and they said it was with the courier. Have run out of fizzy/soda water (me) and tonic (Mr PM) so it had better turn up soon. ;)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My very helpful volunteer shopper managed to get pretty well everything I asked for this week - even found 3 litres of Neil's soya milk! Brilliant! The only disappointment was that she couldn't find loose leaf China type tea. She could only see the one she brought back - Earl Grey. I haven't had Earl Grey for years - could never stand the bergamot perfume. But, thinking about it, since I haven't had it for years (and then made by someone else) I should try again. Maybe made my own way - very weak, black and maybe some lemon, who knows? It might be my new favourite.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Should have said - my shopper bought me some Spam! I did ask if she could. All the talk about Spam and luncheon meat earlier in the week made me want to try it again. Neil was rather scathing when he saw the tin but then just shrugged and clearly thought "Mum is really losing it these days." Not for today, I don't think, but sometime soon.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Last meal in preparation but this will be the close of play unless I have some 10 cal jelly with cream. Breakfast: A fair sized lake of sweetened TWAM : Late dockey: Coffee with SF caramel - no cream, mainly an ego trip to show I can drink black coffee if sweetened; Lunch: Tea and Dr Almod keto chocolate - food from Germany comes pronto but from UK?; Aft: Piece of cheese; Meal:Reheated and improved mince nonsense from yesterday for me with cauliflower rice and roasted spinach; quiche, salad, new? (really, do tell how) potatoes and vaguely fresh sometime ago pineapple for Julie. I cut what is laughingly referred to as the back lawn today - even going over twice very carefully and sweeping fastidiously only 22 mins:bigtears::bigtears: @SlimLizzy congratulations on the bike ride but discretion is the better part of valour so steady as she goes.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today slice of HiLo from the bowels of the freezer toasted, good butter, lots tea.
Lunch lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spoon coleslaw and Scotch egg (probably too carby but will get over it)
Supper will be fishfingers and brocolli.
I am so disappointed my Sodastream hasnt arrived after 2 weeks. Checked with them this morning and they said it was with the courier. Have run out of fizzy/soda water (me) and tonic (Mr PM) so it had better turn up soon. ;)
Your post has made a lightbulb go on in my head. The girls bought me a birthday present which they are upset about, as it still hasn’t arrived yet. I do remember saying a while ago that I’d like a soda stream so I bet that’s it. No 2 daughter said she had contacted the company for tracking but they replied they couldn’t find it!!
The current situation must have affected them, which is understandable, but the lack of info is not.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your post has made a lightbulb go on in my head. The girls bought me a birthday present which they are upset about, as it still hasn’t arrived yet. I do remember saying a while ago that I’d like a soda stream so I bet that’s it. No 2 daughter said she had contacted the company for tracking but they replied they couldn’t find it!!
The current situation must have affected them, which is understandable, but the lack of info is not.
That would be a coincidence! They were very vague and seemed to blame it on the courier being busy. I hope it comes tomorrow and hope yours does also.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee,
My DGF delivery arrived, yay, so had a salted caramel blondie with my morning coffee.
lunch: chicken broth then egg mayo and grated cheddar in lettuce wrap spread with marmite.
Dinner will be some of the fisherman’s flatfish from the freezer. Mr C thinks they’re dabs. Chips for them prob salad or broccoli for me.
@Chook sorry for the tramadol problems again, I agree with @Ann B I heard it’s ok to take if you were doing so, just not for alleviating COVID symptoms. Mr C has resumed taking it too - could hardly walk without it.

edit to add I will of course be having another DGF treat after dinner - the blueberry and lemon drizzle.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That would be a coincidence! They were very vague and seemed to blame it on the courier being busy. I hope it comes tomorrow and hope yours does also.
I think I’ll ask them outright, then knowing you’re having problems too they can be more forceful perhaps. Fingers crossed for both of us, I’ll let you know.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday bed 5.9 FBG 6.3. @ianpspurs - I can appreciate how Julie feels. Yesterday was the first day in over 5 weeks that I felt pretty much human. May your DIL stay safe. It has to be worrying for family with frontline workers. @shelley262 - glad you finally got the inhaler and that your Mum is coping. Hopefully it alleviates some concerns for you. @Annb - glad your deliveries are working out. There are a lot of complaints building up online now because the devolved administrations still haven't contacted all the shielded individuals and it is causing all kinds of issues. I've managed to get another delivery from Morrisons on 28 April (there's one coming tomorrow) and the butcher delivers weekly now. They are even calling me by my Christian name now! Son found a place in Portobello that delivers veg, milk, eggs (still struggling with that on supermarket orders) so we're pretty much sorted. I have to venture out occasionally (about once a week) so not too drastic.
B. TAG and 3 Dairylea triangles.
L. Just had to have a DGF lemon and blueberry. Still can't decide.
D. Remains of the parmigiana and omelette with bacon, mushroom, pepper, cheese.

Edit. Wasn't sausages it was omelette.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee,
My DGF delivery arrived, yay, so had a salted caramel blondie with my morning coffee.
lunch: chicken broth then egg mayo and grated cheddar in lettuce wrap spread with marmite.
Dinner will be some of the fisherman’s flatfish from the freezer. Mr C thinks they’re dabs. Chips for them prob salad or broccoli for me.
@Chook sorry for the tramadol problems again, I agree with @Ann B I heard it’s ok to take if you were doing so, just not for alleviating COVID symptoms. Mr C has resumed taking it too - could hardly walk without it.

edit to add I will of course be having another DGF treat after dinner - the blueberry and lemon drizzle.
Hug is for Mr C - honestly not for eating DGF.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday bed 5.9 FBG 6.3. @ianpspurs - I can appreciate how Julie feels. Yesterday was the first day in over 5 weeks that I felt pretty much human. May your DIL stay safe. It has to be worrying for family with frontline workers. @shelley262 - glad you finally got the inhaler and that your Mum is coping. Hopefully it alleviates some concerns for you. @Annb - glad your deliveries are working out. There are a lot of complaints building up online now because the devolved administrations still haven't contacted all the shielded individuals and it is causing all kinds of issues. I've managed to get another delivery from Morrisons on 28 April (there's one coming tomorrow) and the butcher delivers weekly now. They are even calling me by my Christian name now! Son found a place in Portobello that delivers veg, milk, eggs (still struggling with that on supermarket orders) so we're pretty much sorted. I have to venture out occasionally (about once a week) so not too drastic.
B. TAG and 3 Dairylea triangles.
L. Just had to have a DGF lemon and blueberry. Still can't decide.
D. Remains of the parmigiana and omelette with bacon, mushroom, pepper, cheese.

Edit. Wasn't sausages it was omelette.
Hope you continue to get better. I dont know what the problem is with eggs atm. The hens are laying and there shouldnt be a shortage surely with less tea rooms, restaurants, etc open. On the other hand the dairy industry is struggling with surplus milk. I wonder if they can turn more into cheese and freeze it for later. Got none with my Sainsburys order this week and am hoping for some from the farm shop on Saturday.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.6 FBG 6.7 - bit higher than usual but it is falling back during the day. @Chook - I've been up and down with whatever I've had for weeks. My sore throat came back but nowhere near as bad as it was at the beginning, then a day later disappeared again. Today I'm a bit chesty again but again not as bad. I'll have a hot shower later which should take care of it. @PenguinMum & @DJC3 - We were talking about a sodastream too mainly because soda water had disappeared in the supermarkets. It's been put to one side due to that air fryer coming into Lidl but I think it will return as an option later. I had to laugh at the subs @DJC3. It's been a while since I got daft subs (touch wood since I have an order coming tomorrow). I'll have to venture out once I find out what isn't coming tomorrow. It's a big order for the two households.
B. TAG and 1 Dairylea triangles.
L. Nothing was catching up with brother on the phone and organising butcher order/amending Morrisons order.
D. That DD chicken breast stuffed with cream/grated cheese, jalapeno and pepper. Also topped it with the remains of the sauce I made for the parmigiana. Another DGF probably.
Edit. Add mushroom and a few veggie chips I found in the freezer. I have a severe veggie shortage now. Hope I can find celeriac tomorrow or does turnip dauphinoise work?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chook and ianpspurs

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 6.6 FBG 6.7 - bit higher than usual but it is falling back during the day. @Chook - I've been up and down with whatever I've had for weeks. My sore throat came back but nowhere near as bad as it was at the beginning, then a day later disappeared again. Today I'm a bit chesty again but again not as bad. I'll have a hot shower later which should take care of it. @PenguinMum & @DJC3 - We were talking about a sodastream too mainly because soda water had disappeared in the supermarkets. It's been put to one side due to that air fryer coming into Lidl but I think it will return as an option later. I had to laugh at the subs @DJC3. It's been a while since I got daft subs (touch wood since I have an order coming tomorrow). I'll have to venture out once I find out what isn't coming tomorrow. It's a big order for the two households.
B. TAG and 1 Dairylea triangles.
L. Nothing was catching up with brother on the phone and organising butcher order/amending Morrisons order.
D. That DD chicken breast stuffed with cream/grated cheese, jalapeno and pepper. Also topped it with the remains of the sauce I made for the parmigiana. Another DGF probably.
If you decide to go for a Sodastream, dont dilly dally, of all the things I have ordered since all this began the delivery has/is taking the longest. Not impressed with them tbh. Nothing makes me more grumpy than no mixer for my gin, no problem getting deliveries of gin so far. :)

Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4CF1223D-9923-4155-9DD4-205B191F1B86.jpeg
Had a distraction day today with lots of cooking - did me lots of good. Cooked hm lemon curd, lc cheese scones and fat head pizza. Takes mind off worries....
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch lc cheese scone with prosciutto, piece of 95% choc with coffee
Dinner fat head pizza with avocado salad followed by Lemon mousse ( hm lemon curd whisked with extra thick cream) just about to have hotel choc choccie from Easter stash with coffee. After had coffee and choc planning a walking meditation in the garden.
Sending love to you and especially our under the weather members hugs to you and all keep safe......