What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Top 3 rules for bikers:
Ride your own ride - not the one ridden by the person in front of you. (Capabilities differ).
Always be able to stop safely in the bit of road that you can see in front of you.
30MPH always means 30MPH

I have just ordered some of that beer for my boys when they are able to come to see us.
Re the beer: Good move. Their Nanny State is the lowest carb, low alcohol and most acceptable I have found. No 1 son, who claims to be a craft ale buff, approves

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have I missed something in The Virus Rule Book?

Today MILs care home via Whatsapp invited families to visit realative outside in the garden at social distance. Families, I thought it was meet with one other person from a different household outdoors? Lots of What'sapp requests from families wanting to see realatives, I understand the wish to visit but is this within the rules?

We decided it's too risky, but Mrs MC still feels some regret and guilt.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Today MILs care home via Whatsapp invited families to visit realative outside in the garden at social distance. Families, I thought it was meet with one other person from a different household outdoors? Lots of What'sapp requests from families wanting to see realatives, I understand the wish to visit but is this within the rules?

Some changes today in Scotland about being able to meet in open spaces and private gardens but not heard anything different for England

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.2 this morning

Missed you all (and a lot of posts :sorry:), due to the failure of my computer monitor.

Hope everyone is well and your day is treating you kindly :)

Now for the catch up reading ;)

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.2 this morning

Missed you all (and a lot of posts :sorry:), due to the failure of my computer monitor.

Hope everyone is well and your day is treating you kindly :)

Now for the catch up reading ;)
Welcome back, hugs for equipment failure.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My annual telephone checkup was cancelled, I waited two hours and rang the Health Centre to be informed it's been moved to 8am next Thursday as nurses all off sick. So a wasted 2 hours waiting for a call, could not stray far from landline as my hearing is still poor.

So my art for today is a cop out as it's what I have created for Friday Evenings Meal time Creative Competition based on the subject 'Moon Shadow' .
IMG_3237.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.

I understand your dilemma@Muddy Cyclist. I know I 'would feel exactly the same as things stand at the moment. I wonder if they are going to offer visits on an appointment basis so that you can visit one resident at a time?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My annual telephone checkup was cancelled, I waited two hours and rang the Health Centre to be informed it's been moved to 8am next Thursday as nurses all off sick. So a wasted 2 hours waiting for a call, could not stray far from landline as my hearing is still poor.

So my art for today is a cop out as it's what I have created for Friday Evenings Meal time Creative Competition based on the subject 'Moon Shadow' .
View attachment 41726
Bit lax of them, not letting you know.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

This does sound confusing.
I think I saw online a few days ago where the care home invited the families in cars to drive in, stay in their cars, wear a face shield, and talk from the car. The residents were wheeled out or bought to a chair a suitable distance away. And in that way they were allowed a short visit. I am not sure if it was one person in each car but those i saw were one person in each car.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 41726
That is not a cop out @Muddy Cyclist !!!
I love it.
My kind of thing :)
And the shadow different to the moon....

That is bad they didn't inform you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just had an email of my German friend. She is younger than me,

She cannot keep track of all the changes of openings then closings again, then openings again but with intense restrictions.

Everyone has to wear masks. More shops opening but then closing because it wasn’t commercially viable.

To enter the bookshop, which she had been looking forward to, you could only enter if you had a list of the books you wanted to buy. Browsing wasn’t allowed. Only 5 people were allowed in. She entered the bookshop with her list, but then left immediately because it was an uncomfortable environment, and she couldn't concentrate on looking for her books.

She and her husband are now staying at home, bar the once weekly food shopping. And she thinks this will go on for months.

She said it was far too confusing to keep to all the do’s and don’ts.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Some changes today in Scotland about being able to meet in open spaces and private gardens but not heard anything different for England
Rules in England now broadly same as Scotland. Son informs me now allowed to meet up to six people not in your household. Probably they all have to be from same though.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

Temp 35.8

Another beautiful day.

Aeroplane contrails spoiling the sky now.

But I did see a helicopter with a tremendous amount of glass in it just fly over (5am). It looked rather surreal. Checked plane app, it wasn't registered on the app.

Going out in the garden now.

Have a good day.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, 5.9 to start the day :)

Installed the new garden sprinklers for her ladyship who is overjoyed, I'm guessing that will change when she gets the water bill ;)

For me today, I am meeting up with 20+ young 'uns to have some fun. Online of course, geeky gamers are the new social norm :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all on an already bright blue skied salmon salad superday. Woke to a 4.1 on the libre reader (4.2 by the time I switched on the phone). Despite a flyover by USAF yesterday blue bins remained in situ - Bank Holiday:banghead: Enjoy the cycle ride @Muddy Cyclist . After Joe Vitale I thought about Dan Fogelberg but this seemed very apt for my week so far. (You can't have the whole soundtrack to my summer of '76 - Thin Lizzy Live and dangerous is too long - I played a mean lead Squash racket) If your garden can't fit 6 people all 2 metres apart what kind of cheapskate estate and woods is that? Stay elite!

Last edited: