What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Have been missing a few days, but have finally been caught up again.

@Annb -- Hugs for feeling poorly and keeping my fingers crossed that things will improve soon.
@maglil55 -- Good sign that your rash is improving. Hope it will be gone by tomorrow. Any news on the car?
@Goonergal -- Hugs for the stress at work. Any hope that it will get any better soon? Food looks delicious, btw.
@DJC3 -- Enjoyed the story with the blueberry. Definitely very thoughtful of your granddaughter.
@shelley262 -- Really like your new avator.

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol. A bit of the rabbit in tarragon-mustard sauce right out of the pot.

Lunch: Two heaping tablespoons of baba ghanoush and two more of lupin hummus. Two baby cucumbers. Half a DD keto roll with stek tartar and mayonnaise. Two strawberries

Dinner: DD keto roll with butter and bresaola. About 80g of cheese. Dry red wine.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day before yesterday ...

This was the first time, I really cheated on low carb. My husband had left a piece of hazelnut and almond nougat milk chocolate (about 40g of carbs per 100g) lying around. Had only wanted to try a piece, fully expecting it to be too sweet. But unfortunately no, it really just was so good. So, I just kept nicking one piece after another until I got to about a third of the whole 100g bar. (After my husband got home, told him to hide the d... thing next time he decides to get it -- have absolutely no self control). On the positive side, blood sugars were okay throughout, probably helped along by two generous glasses of red wine. So got off lightly -- no reason for a repeat, though.

Breakfast: Double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Rabbit in tarragon-mustard-cream sauce. An apricot, three strawberries and two baby cucumbers.

Snack: 20g of 88% chocolate, some macadamia nuts.

Dinner: About 100g of baba ghanoush, 35g of my husband's hazelnut-almond-nougat milk chocolate, two glasses of red wine.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Cant remember if I posted for Saturday but I had a panfried lamb chop for supper with mushrooms in the same pan. Lunch was a mushroom omelette as I needed to use up the mushrooms and I was starving.
Yesterday had slice HiLo toast and butter, tea for breakfast.
Lunch was a small piece of Brie, chunk of mature cheddar and three cherry toms.
Supper was roast chicken and broccoli preceded by two gin & soda.
Shocking FBG this morning level of the early days after dx but I am very anxious atm after hearing of two people (one the husband of a friend) who have died from Covid after acquiring it in hospital as late as May.
Anyway had slice HiLo toast, butter and tea this morning. I know I should probably fast but I am going to eat a small avo and a tin of sardines in a minute because I need to. Tonight supper will be cheese & tomato omelette.

@Annb and @maglil55 sorry you are each having symptoms of the virus, sending remote virtual hugs. @SlimLizzy hug for all the problems with the mower, electrics etc. It does seem that these things come in 3s. So difficult when you are holding the fort. The cauliflower effort was heroic in my book. I wonder if you could grow them from seed if they hard to come by, obviously not a popular veg in France. @ziggy_w your description of the chocolate reminded me of my former love Toblerone. Once you broke off a triangle it was hard to stop. Funny it was the only milk chocolate I ever bothered with.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ann, have a look at this Google search of "COVID symptoms rash". It is now accepted that some skin manifestations relate to COVID.

Of course, your rash could differ.

In your shoes, were this a new symptom, I would approach my Doc for a test. Whilst you feel you have had the virus some time, there have been reports of it coming around again.

That is a very interesting site. Makes me more determined to get a blood test when my GP surgery can organise it.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Day before yesterday ...

This was the first time, I really cheated on low carb. My husband had left a piece of hazelnut and almond nougat milk chocolate (about 40g of carbs per 100g) lying around. Had only wanted to try a piece, fully expecting it to be too sweet. But unfortunately no, it really just was so good. So, I just kept nicking one piece after another until I got to about a third of the whole 100g bar. (After my husband got home, told him to hide the d... thing next time he decides to get it -- have absolutely no self control). On the positive side, blood sugars were okay throughout, probably helped along by two generous glasses of red wine. So got off lightly -- no reason for a repeat, though.

Breakfast: Double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Rabbit in tarragon-mustard-cream sauce. An apricot, three strawberries and two baby cucumbers.

Snack: 20g of 88% chocolate, some macadamia nuts.

Dinner: About 100g of baba ghanoush, 35g of my husband's hazelnut-almond-nougat milk chocolate, two glasses of red wine.

I think you did really well to stop at 35g!! My husband buys things like that and I insist they either go in his 'special ' cupboard or in to his work bag so I can't see them. His favourite is Old Jamaica rum and raisin chocolate.

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Had to take several doses of co-codamol today and have just woken up in the middle of a lovely dream about a mixed meat dish of steak and chicken, mushrooms, onions, fantastic gravy. The chicken legs were unbelievably big and juicy! I think my body must be telling me that it wants feeding.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ann, have a look at this Google search of "COVID symptoms rash". It is now accepted that some skin manifestations relate to COVID.

Of course, your rash could differ.

In your shoes, were this a new symptom, I would approach my Doc for a test. Whilst you feel you have had the virus some time, there have been reports of it coming around again.
@DCUKMod - I had the rash not@Annb. I was aware it was another symptom so spoke to the Doc again and sent him the photo he asked for. He's still of the same opinion that it has been so long now it's the antibody test I need not the Covid19 test. He also says I cannot be infectious now if it was covid. The testing levels are really poor here. Really abysmal. England is miles ahead.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod - I had the rash not@Annb. I was aware it was another symptom so spoke to the Doc again and sent him the photo he asked for. He's still of the same opinion that it has been so long now it's the antibody test I need not the Covid19 test. He also says I cannot be infectious now if it was covid. The testing levels are really poor here. Really abysmal. England is miles ahead.

Ah. Apologies, and to you @Annb .

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My BGs are still ridiculously high for me. Bed 8 FBG 8.2 but there seems to be a few of us in the same boat. I've still to try to do something with my hair to take a photo for my blue badge. It's at that really difficult stage where it's too long to be tidy but not long enough to tie back! It's been a really busy morning. @ziggy_w - my best news was Toyota calling me to say my car will arrive on a transporter tomorrow. They're going to get it taxed and registered and there's only one or two minor adaptations needed. Regrettably I still won't be allowed to get it before next Monday as they're still not allowed to open (although a number of retailers have just decided to open anyway). Had to sort out what to do re existing car and I had the RAC here to road test it. Yes it started shuddering again but I told them how to nurse it through. They reckon since I'm not going far anyway I can probably get it to the dealership on Monday to swap them over. I'm overjoyed that my nightmare will soon be over. @PenguinMum - I'm really hungry too mainly because I keep getting distracted.
B. TAG and a couple of Dairylea triangles as I was caught up with the organisation of the car.
L. After I'd spoken to everyone I had to and got the current car checked and road tested - 3 LC crackers with pate pate.
D. Doing a @Goonergal kind of. Free range thighs and drumsticks dipped in egg/parmesan and air fried. Coleslaw, avocado and tomato salad on the side. May have some raspberries later.

For the walkers out there - there's a site that helps you find open loos when you are out and about.

https://www.lockdownloo.com

Seems to be mostly ASDAs and shell garages.

Reactions: Goonergal

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you did really well to stop at 35g!! My husband buys things like that and I insist they either go in his 'special ' cupboard or in to his work bag so I can't see them. His favourite is Old Jamaica rum and raisin chocolate.
rum and raisin chocolate - my mouth is watering ....

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - full fat greek yoghurt with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and double cream. Also mug of earl grey tea and double cream.

Lunch - sandwich with hovis lc bread and ham.

Dinner - chicken tandoori, carrots & broccoli

Afters - needed something else today - another mug of tea & 2 squares of lindtt 90% cocoa dark chocolate - filled a hole.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all

Welcome back @ziggy_w and thanks for the hugs. Likely to need a few more! Know what you mean about that sort of chocolate - I succumbed to something similar left lying around in the kitchen at work last year. Normally I ignore it but it called me that day and was surprisingly unsweet!

@maglil55 hope the chicken was good

Today’s brunch was cold meats and cheese, with the remaining chocolate almond squares
Dinner was M&S Arbroath kippers followed by cream and almond butter

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a new flavour, Mississippi mudder phd (Like rocky road)
Late Lunch: gouda and chorizo rollitos followed by Greek yoghurt, orange chia pudding and vanilla and raspberry LC granola.
Dinner: Peking ribs with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Good Lord I’d no idea you could still buy Old Jamaica chocolate!
In the cooler weather I make my husband keep those sort of things in the car, but they’d probably melt in the summer. I need to allocate him a special cupboard too. I agree @ziggy_w you did brilliantly stopping at 35g

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late breakfast of h/b egg mashed with butter.
Lunch tuna mayo with 1/2 avocado then sf jelly and cream.
Dinner: pork! Starter was a packet of Awfully Posh pork crackling and main was air fried pork belly. Tried both cooking suggestions @Goonergal and @Brunneria. Mr C said the meat was more tender on the IP’d portions, but he liked the crackling better on the raw cooked. I sort of agree but I also think I didn’t season the IP’d strips enough before popping in the airfryer. Next time more salt.
Just had tea with DGF salted caramel blondie waiting to hear if I need to go to Tesco to collect stuff for delivery to local food bank. Wish they’d hurry up, I want another cuppa.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Very busy day so managed to stick to OMAD which was:
Chilli chicken with range of salads and glass of dry white wine followed by DGF lemon and blueberry cake with one strawberry from garden and spoon of extra thick double cream,
Hoping for an outing tomorrow.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Good Lord I’d no idea you could still buy Old Jamaica chocolate!
In the cooler weather I make my husband keep those sort of things in the car, but they’d probably melt in the summer. I need to allocate him a special cupboard too. I agree @ziggy_w you did brilliantly stopping at 35g

Home Bargains sells it - he gets most of what he calls his 'lunchbox goodies' there.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Nothing
L. 6 olives, 1 slice of gouda grilled over mixed seeds (feels more satisfying hot). One roll up of gouda and 1 slice of ham wrapped round some salad leaves fresh from the garden. What made it extra tasty was spreading the slices with some Indian chutney things left from Saturdays takeaway. No idea what they were but at 1/4 teaspoon reckon they couldn't do too much damage. Boy it was tasty. Three spoonfuls of chia pudding... it never ends.
D. Stirfried veg with reheated chicken. Chia pudding..finally gone now.