What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's effort is continuing along the theme of Canal bridges, this is a bridge over the Trent Mersey Canal at Great Haywood. A3 in Acrylics mainly done with old credit cards and a palate knife,about 1 hour.

View attachment 42643
I love this @Muddy Cyclist
This works very well in acrylics and old credit cards and palette knife. I like this very much. The tree trunks are effective, and also the vegetation, and bridge.

I think this medium and tools suit your style of painting.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love this @Muddy Cyclist
This works very well in acrylics and old credit cards and palette knife. I like this very much. The tree trunks are effective, and also the vegetation, and bridge.

I think this medium and tools suit your style of painting.
Thank you. I started life as an oil painter and moved to watercolour when I started Plein Air painting, easier outside. I enjoy Acrylics as they are so much easier to handle than oils. I shall stick with my watercolours as I have just spent £35 on three tubes of watercolour paint I use French Artist Colour tubes l'aquarelle sennelier are the manufacturers, they use honey to enrich the pigment. Cheaper than Windsor and Newton and much better paint pigment wise.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all :)

4.4 today

it's been lovely mild day here today (when it wasn't showery ;)), a quietish day doing small jobs around the house after all the rattling about last week.

Tomorrow, by request, we're taking mum to visit her bank in a neighbouring town so we may try for a takeaway (who would have thought getting a takeaway would feel like an adventure :hilarious:).

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - very strong bamboo painting, can almost hear the wind whispering through the leaves :)

@gennepher - your artwork today speaks, it's very strong and structured and with a vivid palette :)

@lindisfel - lovely view near where you live :) and I enjoy your colourful kingfisher, not a bird we get much here in the Highlands though I have seen one occasionally in other places.

@Muddy Cyclist - interesting to see the change usiing acrylic, deeper and perhaps richer but less transparent, still love the foreground fireworks :joyful:.
I haven't tried acrylics except for one go with some dried up ones someone gave me and I'm still learning watercolour basics, so I feel I can try more colours if I get pans but I'll probably move to tubes when I've got a better idea of my own palette, it makes sense.
I hear good things about Sennelier ;)

My grandfather used to paint in oils, he died when I was a child but I remember the smell so very well.

Arty bit -

perhaps the last resist trial for now, I may try it again in the future and may also try @gennepher 's idea with either white gouache or correction pens or something similar. It's fun to try different things sometimes.

upload_2020-7-13_19-16-1.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

it's been lovely mild day here today (when it wasn't showery ;)), a quietish day doing small jobs around the house after all the rattling about last week.

Tomorrow, by request, we're taking mum to visit her bank in a neighbouring town so we may try for a takeaway (who would have thought getting a takeaway would feel like an adventure :hilarious:).

@dunelm - very strong bamboo painting, can almost hear the wind whispering through the leaves :)

@gennepher - your artwork today speaks, it's very strong and structured and with a vivid palette :)

@lindisfel - lovely view near where you live :) and I enjoy your colourful kingfisher, not a bird we get much here in the Highlands though I have seen one occasionally in other places.

@Muddy Cyclist - interesting to see the change usiing acrylic, deeper and perhaps richer but less transparent, still love the foreground fireworks :joyful:.
I haven't tried acrylics except for one go with some dried up ones someone gave me and I'm still learning watercolour basics, so I feel I can try more colours if I get pans but I'll probably move to tubes when I've got a better idea of my own palette, it makes sense.

My grandfather used to paint in oils, he died when I was a child but I remember the smell so very well.

Arty bit -

perhaps the last resist trial for now, I may try it again in the future and may also try @gennepher 's idea with either white gouache or correction pens or something similar. It's fun to try different things sometimes.

View attachment 42647
I like your painting today, so much detail, Cow Parsley so well illustrated and the detail in your wall, brilliant.
Thankyou for your kind comments re my painting. I had a relative, brother of my grandad who made a living painting in oils English Scenes he lived in Newzeland. I do like oils and the smell but I seem to get in such a mess with them these days.
My moms uncle Bill with his art in New Zealand.

IMG_3483.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. I started life as an oil painter and moved to watercolour when I started Plein Air painting, easier outside. I enjoy Acrylics as they are so much easier to handle than oils. I shall stick with my watercolours as I have just spent £35 on three tubes of watercolour paint I use French Artist Colour tubes l'aquarelle sennelier are the manufacturers, they use honey to enrich the pigment. Cheaper than Windsor and Newton and much better paint pigment wise.

No watercolour tubes are cheap @Muddy Cyclist . I have a few basic colours of the l'aquarelle sennelier, and I agree the pigment is better.

Windsor and Newton can be a bit grainy at times. I don't like them.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.4 today

Arty bit -

View attachment 42647

Thank you @geefull for the compliment on my painting.

A beautiful painting. You have an incredible eye for getting the detail. And I love the stone wall, and the fence coming out of the cow parsley.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like your painting today, so much detail, Cow Parsley so well illustrated and the detail in your wall, brilliant.
Thankyou for your kind comments re my painting. I had a relative, brother of my grandad who made a living painting in oils English Scenes he lived in Newzeland. I do like oils and the smell but I seem to get in such a mess with them these days.
My moms uncle Bill with his art in New Zealand.

View attachment 42648
Wow @Muddy Cyclist . An incredible selection of paintings from your mum's uncle Bill in New Zealand.

lindisfel

Expert
Today's effort is continuing along the theme of Canal bridges, this is a bridge over the Trent Mersey Canal at Great Haywood. A3 in Acrylics mainly done with old credit cards and a palate knife,about 1 hour.

View attachment 42643
A good place for wildlife. It is not manicured.
An excellent picture Muddy one is taken into the place. I can even hear the cacophony of birds in spring.
Derek

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.4 today.

Dull but dry in this neck of the woods. A quick Muddy Bike ride before the piano tuner arrives to tinker with keys, nuts, bolts, hammers and such on the piano, must dust behind it before he arrives. Other than that time is my own.

Try to make your day count, keep safe and I hope well.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sleepless and restless night, nightmare fuelled so doodled about in my studio. All these Zen pictures got me into Japanese/Chinese Art mode. This is not today's painting just a quick mess about with watercolour paint, just for fun and not completely original stole bits from internet images. Must have ago using my own imagination now I have tried it out, I know some trees on Cannock Chase that may loan themselves to the style.

IMG_3485.JPG

Edit PS. Mrs MC does have many Bonsai Trees, now there's a thought.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from an up and at em morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel wheel of some Korean style gochujang chicken stew came in at 5.5 this am

Off to take bike in for MOT, have a wonderful day, Bin day tomorrow. Just time for a quick koffy.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Blood sugars were mostly in the 4s and 5s yesterday. If this carries on.my next HbA1c will be really good.

It is dog walk.first then off to the farm to get milk.and eggs.

This morning ordered another pack of masks just in case prices rise because of the new rules about wearing masks in shops.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sleepless and restless night, nightmare fuelled so doodled about in my studio. All these Zen pictures got me into Japanese/Chinese Art mode. This is not today's painting just a quick mess about with watercolour paint, just for fun and not completely original stole bits from internet images. Must have ago using my own imagination now I have tried it out, I know some trees on Cannock Chase that may loan themselves to the style.

View attachment 42653

Edit PS. Mrs MC does have many Bonsai Trees, now there's a thought.

Hey @Muddy Cyclist I absolutely love this!!!

It was a very pleasant surprise to see this from you this morning.
Cathy Wu my Chinese teacher said copy, copy, copy all the old masters in Chinese painting, and that is how you learn. Use internet images as much as you need/want to.

It sounds as though you are going to use your own imagination from this inspiration now. I am looking forward to more!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay, I have done lots of butterflies like I said I would. Sorry @Muddy Cyclist I deleted them all, Although there were some interesting effects working on butterflies, and one even looked like a woodcut!

I have had enough of butterflies. Cathy Wu my Chinese teacher insisted that Chinese painting does not do butterflies when I asked her to show me how to do one in the 90's

Anyway this one is done this morning after a night's sleep, apart from the cat periodically standing on my chest patting my face with his paw...to check I was still alive?

6692680C-EDA1-4C61-ADD9-C7271A9256DB.jpeg