Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

aard

breakfast: can of coke/ 2 sausages
dinner: meatballs/can if coke
dinner chicken/parmentier potatoes

snacks : 100g packet crisps, half pack strawberries, 6 cans of coke, 2 pints milk

You know before covid 19 I was eating less than 50 carbs a day, exercising 10 hours week at gym., walking 40 miles a week.

Then it all went wrong, I am addicted to sweet things and my willpower sort of ebbed away not being able to go to gym and eating stuff i shouldn't when the shops ran out of food.

I think I need to read some diabetes horror stories to shock me back into healthy routine. I guess its normal ti go through periods where just think s*d it and give up

aard

breakfast. 2 slices of toast, 6 bacon rasher, pkt ringos, can coke - heaven
lunch - celery, radishes, salad, chikem, tomatoes - miserable
snacks - 5 bourbon biscuits - feeling guilty
dinner - one pork loin chop
late snack - 2 eggs, salad, cheese - i really cant face salad for next 5 days :(

From tomorrow no crisps or bacon or coke so all joy in life gone, but I have to do something my blood level was 9.8 today my highest ever!!!

JenniferM55

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my lowest ever carb day today! I'm trying to eat between the hours of 11AM and 7PM.

Breakfast - 2 smoked mackerel fillets (150g), with about a teaspoon of butter on the top.

Dinner - 185g cold roast chicken, 15g low carb sauce, stick of celery.

Coffee with 2 tablespoons of double cream.

3.9 total carbs!

Paulbirch

Last week I was bad. Sausage rolls. Pizza. Too much beer. My blood sugar was hitting 12. The last two days I've been v good. And my bloods have stayed between 5-7 (5.6 this morning)
I've been more vegetarian the last two days. Quorn mince with cauliflower rice. Some mushrooms tomato and garlic. Lovely.
Plain porridge for breakfast and a soup with a pack of snack a jack's for lunch

If you do have a blow out don't beat yourself up too much is all I'm saying

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last week I was bad. Sausage rolls. Pizza. Too much beer. My blood sugar was hitting 12. The last two days I've been v good. And my bloods have stayed between 5-7 (5.6 this morning)
I've been more vegetarian the last two days. Quorn mince with cauliflower rice. Some mushrooms tomato and garlic. Lovely.
Plain porridge for breakfast and a soup with a pack of snack a jack's for lunch

If you do have a blow out don't beat yourself up too much is all I'm saying
Totally agree if you blow out it’s that meal and nothing to stop you getting back,on it for the subsequent ones.

Just for the record quorn has noticeably more carbs than mince beef So unless you are vegetarian not a great swap. Porridge can be made with coconut flour, chia seeds etc instead of carb heavy oats if you’re interested. Snack a Jack’s are rice and again carb heavy. Your last two days would send me high after breakfast and lunch. Have you checked then not just first thing?

Onlinecaroline

Awaiting a diagnosis but thought I’d make a start with a LCHF lifestyle and be proactive.

Brunch - courgette fritters with an egg for binding, 2 poachers, halloumi cheese and homemade hollandaise

Snack - 15g whole food peanut butter

Dinner - roast chicken, broccoli with cheese sauce (made from cream cheese and Red Leicester and double cream) and cauliflower mash. Plus a tiny serving of Peppercorn sauce which was about 6g of carbs

Snack - tea and a square of dark chocolate.

This is my second day low carbing, awaiting a shopping delivery. I was just seeking some opinions if you think the above is ok? It came in at 26g of carbs for the day.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Awaiting a diagnosis but thought I’d make a start with a LCHF lifestyle and be proactive.

Brunch - courgette fritters with an egg for binding, 2 poachers, halloumi cheese and homemade hollandaise

Snack - 15g whole food peanut butter

Dinner - roast chicken, broccoli with cheese sauce (made from cream cheese and Red Leicester and double cream) and cauliflower mash. Plus a tiny serving of Peppercorn sauce which was about 6g of carbs

Snack - tea and a square of dark chocolate.

This is my second day low carbing, awaiting a shopping delivery. I was just seeking some opinions if you think the above is ok? It came in at 26g of carbs for the day.
Welcome Caroline, thats an excellent start. There's a lot to learn and its a marathon not a sprint

Reactions: JenniferM55

Brokenbill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - 2 slices of small wholemeal toast with 2 poached eggs, tomato and beetroot
Lunch - carrot and coriander soup
Tea - keema curry and cauliflower rice with salad
Snack - about 8-10 almonds

stoney43

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1 slice white bread toast butter and marmite cup of black coffee for breakfast. loads of tomatoes going soft in greenhouse so home made tomato soup and 2 slices of white bread lunch. coffee. welsh rarebit for tea. 2 glasses red wine. and a gin and tonic to see me to bed....... whoops 9.4 mmol this morning.

Junglepot

Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Low carb contributions are of course welcomed, but please keep in mind that this is not the low carb diet section, and debates about diet should be kept out of this thread. Happy posting! ;)

Junglepot

So sorry to come in the middle. I am trying to ask a question on the forum and stupidly I cant see where to create the post except to reply to one as I am doing.. I am new and never posted before so this is my excuse.​

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry to come in the middle. I am trying to ask a question on the forum and stupidly I cant see where to create the post except to reply to one as I am doing.. I am new and never posted before so this is my excuse.​

Hi @Junglepot

To start a new thread to ask your question, navigate to whichever part of the forum you would like your question to sit (use the Forums button to find where you want).

Once there you will find a green Post New Thread button that you can use.

Hope that helps!

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
Breakfast: bacon, eggs, spinach, avocado and chilli flakes
Lunch: diced courgette with a little water, garlic, chilli, s&p, cooked down to a soupy/sauce consistency with parmesan on top
Dinner: chicken kiev (made by dipping in buckwheat flour, then dipped in egg and finally diped in ground almond and parmesan) with french beans and broccoli.
snacks: two squares of green and blacks dark choc (85%) and later a few salted peanuts
yum

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: omelette 2 eggs with bok choy and mushrooms, a little chili and ginger, 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1 tsp tamari
Lunch: broccoli and goats cheese soup
Dinner will be: mexican spice stuffed capsicum with mushroom and mozzarella, mixed salad leaves
No snacks - can't spare the calories, I've only got 800 at present! (halfway through a 12 week program low cal, low carb)

Terry D

Lunch 3 Rashers bacon 4 sausages Fried egg. 10 % fat Yoghurt with 100 % cocoa chocolate shavings.
Snack 40g pork scratchings
Dinner Fried whitebait 2 avocados cheesey coleslaw.

BG 6.6 2 hours after Dinner.

Reactions: OzBlossom

WAGR57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Salmon and salad for lunch.

Dinner was a keto chicken curry with spinach and broccoli.

Beer was only 3 carbs per bottle.

Looks like the numbers are coming down.

I've noticed alot of you eat bacon. I was told bacon is processed meat and not good same with salami

With regards to bacon, some people do a clean keto( grass feed beef, lamb pork etc.., 100% organic on the veggies), very expensive and is harder to obtain. There is also dirty keto, food is typically bought from your main stream grocery stores and much cheaper. Iv'e been doing dirty keto for about 10 months now it at this point it has been working. A1C is better and cholestoral is way better. I always check for sugar on the packages of bacon.

Haddo16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
Fasting blood sugar 5.6 morning after

Porridge and raspberries

Wholemeal bread role sandwich with beef and tomato
Boiled egg and a apple and pear

chicken ragu with wholemeal noodles
Hand full of nuts bloods 6.1 2 hours after meal

Reactions: OB87

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
Greek yoghurt, berries and toasted seeds
Spinnach and broccoli soup
Several squares of green and blacks 85% cocoa chocolate

Dinner will be fish pie with cauliflower, celeriac and swede mash.

Happy low carbing, enjoy your Sunday afternoons x

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yorkshire Tea in morning with milk, 10 almonds

Breakfast: 4 toasts of eggless almond bread with 2 poached eggs, avacado and a cup of coffee

Mid meal: One cup tea

Lunch: Three 8 inch coconut flour tortillas with spinach and paneer (cottage cheese) and a cup of tea.

Snack: 20 almonds, keto sback bar, coffee with MCT powder and soya milk

Dinner: Three 8 inch coconut flour tortillas with Baigan Bharta (spicy roasted Aubergine sauted with onion and some herbs)

250 ml Remedy Kombucha

Reactions: Carol1957 and Bex72

rads41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
2 slices low carb bread with peanut butter and banana ( brunch).
Dinner was chicken with oven chips beans and sweetcorn.
Evening snack was 6 cheese thins with cheese and sugar free spicy chutney.

so far so good.

then I had 12 x milk tray chocolates .

FBS was 14 this morning ‍♀️