What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 today as we begin the new lockdown.

Her ladyship has a garden party arranged although I have told her she will be breaking the law. I am actually worn out by stupid people and their false logic, and I think I've finally reached the point of 'let it burn'.

Working on the front garden today, the baby robins I rescued earlier in the year have taken to following me around the garden in the hope I will uncover a tasty morsel or two, they keep me smiling :)

Enjoy the day

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the promise of another wonderful day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of cancelled dining out and a plate of unorganised freezer raiding came in at 5.4 this am.

We were supposed to be taking our granddaughter out to dinner last night but due to crossed wires, ageing brains and messages typed but unsent, it will now be on Wednesday.

Baking yesterday, a fibreflour loaf loaded with seeds and a batch of turmeric tea. Feeding squirrels in the park with daughter and granddaughter. No pigeons to poison - according to Tom Lehrer that is a springtime activity and you have to stay with all things seasonal nowadays - or is that just side orders of vegetables?

Today, a shoal of trees from a walk in the woods with the grandchildren on Sunday. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hug for @Muddy Cyclist and hope that the antibiotics kick in quickly. Koffy.
upload_2020-9-15_8-9-30.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 today as we begin the new lockdown.

Her ladyship has a garden party arranged although I have told her she will be breaking the law. I am actually worn out by stupid people and their false logic, and I think I've finally reached the point of 'let it burn'.

Working on the front garden today, the baby robins I rescued earlier in the year have taken to following me around the garden in the hope I will uncover a tasty morsel or two, they keep me smiling :)

Enjoy the day
Enjoy the Robins and gardening they will keep your sanity and balance. We are living in truly bizarre times where reality is totally denied by both our "leaders" and huge swathes of the population. Keep your head down and hold fast to your course.
Edit: The irony of a man who believes in a supernatural being decrying alternative realities isn't lost on me

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Had a good day yesterday. Coming home in the middle of the day was brilliant - I got lots of admin done. I must admit all the steralising of the venues is exhausting. The halls I teach in are massive and it takes ages to steralise the floors. I have made one toilet unisex and only one cubical to be cleaned - which really cuts down on the steralising. I will be really fit at the end of all this.

Off to the farm shop shortly to get milk and eggs.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Had a good day yesterday. Coming home in the middle of the day was brilliant - I got lots of admin done. I must admit all the steralising of the venues is exhausting. The halls I teach in are massive and it takes ages to steralise the floors. I have made one toilet unisex and only one cubical to be cleaned - which really cuts down on the steralising. I will be really fit at the end of all this.

Hug for the extra work due to caring for others. Winner for food choices. Is the milk raw milk? - we watch the farming life/awards series and saw Fen Farm Bungay last night. I have just found a raw milk seller near us - 11 mins or 4.6 miles.- could be worth a tootle out. Have a relaxing time, you're worth it.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I gave you winner, but you also need hugs for all that work involved @Krystyna23040

Reactions: UserABC2021

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the promise of another wonderful day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of cancelled dining out and a plate of unorganised freezer raiding came in at 5.4 this am.

We were supposed to be taking our granddaughter out to dinner last night but due to crossed wires, ageing brains and messages typed but unsent, it will now be on Wednesday.

Baking yesterday, a fibreflour loaf loaded with seeds and a batch of turmeric tea. Feeding squirrels in the park with daughter and granddaughter. No pigeons to poison - according to Tom Lehrer that is a springtime activity and you have to stay with all things seasonal nowadays - or is that just side orders of vegetables?

Today, a shoal of trees from a walk in the woods with the grandchildren on Sunday. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hug for @Muddy Cyclist and hope that the antibiotics kick in quickly. Koffy.
View attachment 44008

A beautiful shoal of trees @dunelm

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning.

Late night meal & wines..FBG 6.8...
Ho Hum, back in the high plains.

Friends of our Steph drove us out to the mountains for a Turkish breakfast.

IMG_20200915_092830~01.jpg

IMG_20200915_110130~01.jpg

Getting ready , Mr Raffles paid a visit.
Hols coming to an end and as gorg as All the cats are, big ginge is my fav.

IMG_20200915_084653.jpg
IMG_20200914_120353.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an early start for me MOT day always a tense time but she passed...another vets appointment missed yesterdays got the time mixed so apologised profusely back today armed with a large tin (well actually it's plastic) of Quality Street to support my defence... Charlie is well prepared found a large bag of dried cat nip so he is zonked out for now...overall he is doing a little better...woke to a 6.5...keep safe everyone.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug for the extra work due to caring for others. Winner for food choices. Is the milk raw milk? - we watch the farming life/awards series and saw Fen Farm Bungay last night. I have just found a raw milk seller near us - 11 mins or 4.6 miles.- could be worth a tootle out. Have a relaxing time, you're worth it.
Unfortunately not raw. It is pasteurized but not homogonised and the farmer guarantees that the cows are not treated with antibiotics.

It is lovely seeing the animals grazing in the fields.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
yes @gennepher - I definitely do need hugs for all that work. Hopefully the Oxford vaccine will work and we can go back to a normal life.

Hold on, what's that flying past the window. Oh no - it's a pig!!!
The issue seems to be what or whose normal becomes the way we live post pandemic. Twice in a decade now we have seen the old normal is badly broken but my fellow Boomers (i + ii ) and the remnants of the 2 generations before largely refuse to give a poo about their children, grandchildren or anyone else. They also keep voting - weirdly for leaders either side of the Atlantic happy to see them die. They are also prominent in the low fat, eat your carbs and take yer meds crowd.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. They maybe ought to be anchored in some ground but it’s what they were like in the helium forrest of Brum
Nice shoal of trees, it's interesting seeing them Flounder as they didn't have a Plaice. :)