1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alien Aspie, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.6 this morning. Did my class in Norwich this morning. Then came home for dinner and am doing admin until I go in to teach in the evening. Very unusual to get home because I usually do 1:1s until the evening classes, but I found last week so hard I never got round to booking 1:1s. It means a 50 mile round trip but well worth it.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I really like this painting.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Yes, yes but what about the bacon issue?. Come to the dispatch box and answer as per the forum agreement you signed.:angelic:

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks @Krystyna23040
    :)

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  5. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Grand day in the North today.
    Not much wind and it got up to 22 deg C and I even walked out in a tee shirt up to the top of the nearby drumlin.

Then I attempted to cut the area of the garden that I hoped would grow some wild flowers but the grass is always wet and rank and needs a family of goats, nothing I have in the shed is it up to the job!

The guy who is head of the North Cumbrian food bank spoke at Zoom church yesterday.
    Here we are in 2020 and people need help to feed their kids and even pets, its worse this year than its even been.
    He says it will get much worse when the furlough ends, but their supplying fairly balanced meals for juniors and senior school children as well as families in need.
    They also find whatever the needs are, they are supplied, which must be faith strengthening for the Christians involved.

I have been very fortunate in life, but when I was at school we were well aware of what it was like to be poor.
    D.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    #31425 lindisfel, Sep 14, 2020 at 4:40 PM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  6. gennepher

I was in the kitchen earlier. Someone was banging on the window (Otherwise I wouldn't have known. Why does no one ring my doorbell then I can see it flashing and know someone is at the door?).

Anyway, I opened kitchen door. A woman holding a huge bunch of flowers places them on the doorstep and says 'These are for Granny Pat.' They were a beautiful big bunch of flowers. I have been called many names in my life, but never Pat.

So I explained I was not Pat. But these are for your house number she said. I agreed it was my house number, but I was not Granny Pat. The woman stood there looking confused. She appeared to be a florist. So I said fine, if it is for my house number then I would welcome a bunch of flowers and went to pick them up. She gave me the dirtiest of looks, snatched the flowers back and charged off.

Sigh....

• Funny Funny x 11
  7. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good afternoon all

4.3 yesterday and 4.3 today

hope your day is treating you kindly :)

upload_2020-9-14_17-21-35.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  8. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Ah bacon - it’s a bit like asking about the wine issue though - and what you would pass for bacon.
    I do like a good thick slice of back bacon from a well raised and fabulously looked after snorter like a Tamworth. Not smoked though - blooming waste. And on he went, waffling into his frying pan.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. gennepher

Wow @geefull
    I love wild waves. These are amazing....

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  10. lindisfel

Are you sure Slimlizzy? Propane is not laughing gas! ;)

• Funny Funny x 9
  11. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Phew. Rule of six is a doddle to skirt round: “The ‘rule of six’ restrictions brought in today could have disrupted game shooting which usually includes eight or more people. However, the exemption will allow shooting to operate under Covid-safe guidance.” Not sure how good my granddaughters are with guns but Christmas day shoot is now organised.

• Funny Funny x 8
  12. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank all for sympathy re my toothache. Got to see my dentist today, he confirmed It's an apsis, clearly shown on the X-ray. Only me in surgery, well organised. So now on 7 days of antibiotics and no alcohol. Dentist was great but what ever happened to old school dentists that just get on with putting right what was wrong? I have been presented with so many options as to what can be done, what I can expect, percentages of success and failure I am totally confused. I ended up asking can I just do nothing once antibiotics work? So after all these options dentist said yes that's probably the best, leave it alone as it's dying and when dead it should be no problem. However there is always a but, unless it gets another apsis. :banghead:
    Still, hopefully on the mend and looking forward to no more pain.

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. lindisfel

I am sure your granddaughters will be better than Willy Whitelaw who bagged a beater.
    D. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

The moral of the story never argue with a florist you could end up with a bunch of fives instead of a bunch of roses.:)

• Funny Funny x 7
  15. JohnEGreen

My wife was born in Silloth we used to visit her Gran there quite often even when she was in her nineties she would still insist on making us cups of tea and never let us help, And I used to enjoy standing on the front looking over the water to Scotland.

Oh my Fbg was 5.1 this morning if I remember correctly.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  16. lindisfel

That's interesting, John.

The mountain across the Solway is Criffel.
    Your wife will have told you, the locals say, if you can't see, Criffel.... it's raining and if you can see, Criffel....it's going to rain.

We came up here in 1964 when I went to work at Sandale transmitter. I didn't expect to be up here nearly sixty years later.

The damp weather took time to get used to after the east midlands.
    I have spent many hours walking down to Grune Point from Silloth and looking for sea birds glued to a telescope eyepiece on the sea front.
    The houses won't have changed much from when your wife was here.

I don't think we are going to move much now. Our two are in Warrington and York respectively, but old trees cannot be uprooted!
    regards
    D.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. JohnEGreen

I dare say not point of fact her granddad's building firm built several houses in Silloth when her father worked for the family firm. They then moved down to Warwick sort of in the opposite direction to you. She still has family there though.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

5.8 for me have a good day everyone

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wow! Those are some very well painted waves and foreground rocks, I like the low angle, brilliant.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. gennepher

Fbg 6.7

My digital painting for today...

3AB70C0D-CB6D-4F95-B5C5-17AD4C29BE09.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook