What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Good morning. 4.3 this morning. Had berries, and coffee at 2 am as I was running too low. Will have to reduce my basal to a single unit tonight.

Reactions: philchap1

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you everyone that sent hugs and good wishes to me. My dry eye is still playing up but I'm no longer lighting up Blackpool prom! Its more like a children's night light now :) getting there.

Readings

Sue Cross1

I had gestational diabetes 14 years ago and have had prediabetes since with a huge family history of diabetes t2. I knew my diet wasnt great so tested my own blood sugar 3 weeks ago and to my horror was over 14%. Knowing how difficult it is to see a doctor I did some research and started low carb diet.. 2 weeks in and this morning sugars down to 7.1. Not as low as I would like but very pleased with progress so far. Plan is to get below 6 and maintain it to hopefully avoid medication.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Hugs for the hypo, @karen8967. Hope you are feeling a bit better now.
Welcome to the thread and to the forum, @Sue Cross1. Well done on dropping your fasting blood sugars by so much. Glad low carb is working for you. (Btw, for me fasting levels were the last to normalize while levels throughout the day were already good for some months.)
@Debandez -- It's good news that your dry eye is getting better. Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll be back to normal in no time at all.

Fasting blood sugars were 5.1 today.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning phew!
Hope you are ok @karen8967 you are always so understated and calm sounding in your posts but the hypos must be absolutely horrible. Sending hugs.
@Sue Cross1 welcome and well done! You’ve definitely come to the right forum for advice, knowledge and recipes etc in low carb. As @ziggy_w says the morning bg is often the last to come under control - I still struggle with it at times.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.8 this morning phew!
Hope you are ok @karen8967 you are always so understated and calm sounding in your posts but the hypos must be absolutely horrible. Sending hugs.
@Sue Cross1 welcome and well done! You’ve definitely come to the right forum for advice, knowledge and recipes etc in low carb. As @ziggy_w says the morning bg is often the last to come under control - I still struggle with it at times.
thanks DJC3 for as mad as it sounds i prefer to be hypo than hyper as i can treat it quickly were the hypers take ages to come down and involve more insulin :)

Reactions: DJC3 and philchap1