What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did wonder if you were trying the Newcastle diet again, as I think you mentioned a while ago that you were considering this. Its good to see your series of low results best I think have seen you post so I say again well done!

Hi @Ryhia , I have used the Newcastle diet method more than once. It works for me.
This time though, I have cut out carbs and eaten smaller portions and (again it works for me) consumed less than 1000 calories a day for about 6 weeks. Though I mixed that up by eating less on some days, and the 1000 cals is average. Lots of veg, some good quality protein, not afraid to use butter, but no more than 2teaspoons a day.

This morning fasting level was 6.0. I did experiment last night and ate a crusty roll with lamb stew which had potatoes in it. Before readingwas 4.2, after 2 hours it was 8.8. To comfort myself I ate half a packetof crisps. Oops! Overit now, and eating sensibly, around 1400 calories and less than 60gr carbs, which will be from vegetables.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Ryhia , I have used the Newcastle diet method more than once. It works for me.
This time though, I have cut out carbs and eaten smaller portions and (again it works for me) consumed less than 1000 calories a day for about 6 weeks. Though I mixed that up by eating less on some days, and the 1000 cals is average. Lots of veg, some good quality protein, not afraid to use butter, but no more than 2teaspoons a day.

This morning fasting level was 6.0. I did experiment last night and ate a crusty roll with lamb stew which had potatoes in it. Before reading was 4.2, after 2 hours it was 8.8. To comfort myself I ate half a packet of crisps. Oops! Over it now, and eating sensibly, around 1400 calories and less than 60gr carbs, which will be from vegetables.

Thanks for sharing it was very useful to me. By the way, I won't tell anyone about your foody fall from grace,;) Hope you enjoyed them.:)

Regards C.

Reactions: Pipp and DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Tried out the Keto King low carb bread (2.2gms carbs per slice) that someone mentioned on another thread, I found it really flavoursome. It reminded me of the brown bread I used to eat as a kid. Trouble is hubby likes it better than the bread he eats so I'm going to have to share.:( Guess it will be toast for breakfast this morning then.:) https://ketorecipesuk.com/keto-king-bread-bread-maker-version/