What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't posted on this thread for awhile was trying to catch up with all the messages but have given up still have over 700 unread lol .So good morning all and will just carry on from here :). I posted on Bg threads but no strips for a few days now due to being let down by ebay seller ! Ordered a bulk buy from another seller so hopefully will get them in a couple of days . On the plus side I actually motivated myself to go for a walk this morning managed 4 miles so not too shabby:happy:
Hi @mojo37
Hope you get your test strips soon.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, we have no Kitchen or hall floor, all lifted ready for floorman to come and quote. Mrs MC pointed out a flaw (forgive the pun) in all this. Now we have no floor what happens if the quote is too large, I really hadn't considered that possibility. :banghead: Oh well if push comes to shove I will have to go out and collect some old pallets and knock something together. :)

So as I have been on my knees most of the day, art a bit rushed. Walked Moet as sun was setting, Plein Air A5 sketch pad, small box of watercolour one big brush and raining so 5 minutes of bridge over waterfall on Rising Brooke , a bit blotch as Paper was wet and paint merged together. :) Did manage to get the sunset colour though.:joyful:
View attachment 44452

A brilliant wee sketch @Muddy Cyclist
Hope the floor quote is very reasonable...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today.
A very quick five minute sketch in SketchClub. I had no preconceived idea or picture...my finger did the drawing itself ...

5137C891-4CA1-46C1-96F4-3BBFFE9688F6.jpeg

Now, all I want to do is sleep....good night...

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@SlimLizzy have you tried butternut squash soup or curry ? i really enjoy them both and they are great on miserable days. my blood sugars were 6.1 today which was nice.. been out for a walk and just had my usual breakfast but i'm starting to get bored of eating the same breakfast just because i know it doesnt raise my blood sugar levels too much xD but too stubborn to try new stuff
@Brokenbill, what do you usually have for breakfast? If that's not a silly question.

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
Hi guys,
I love raptors;
A male Sparrow Hawk came into the garden this pm after songbirds, but it wasn't successful. A Great Spotted Woodpecker male on a nut feeder froze motionless for 20 mins after the hawk had gone.
Sparrow Hawks are not good killers, they can sometimes start eating their catches whilst their prey are still alive and they don't die quickly.
Now the Goshawk is a fearless predator and when it strikes, its prey dies mercifully more quickly. We had a male Gosawk take a Collard Dove in the garden a year ago and it swiftly dispatched it, it was dead almost by the time it grounded. Hated by gamekeepers, but loved by falconers, who no doubt are responsible for its reintroduction to the uk.
The male being much smaller than the female has to be careful near her when they have young, the females have been known to kill their male partners.
Truly the female of the species is more dangerous than the male!
We have a number of buzzards over the house at times, but a Red Kite is red letter day in Cumbria. However, someone the other day sent some dash cam footage to the bird club of a kite crossing a fell road in front of his car.
Ospreys self introduced themselves c.30 years ago and have bred mainly successfully for some years just a few miles away at Bassenthwaite.

I cannot imagine a life without birds and the countryside being an abiding and engrossing interest.
D.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, we have no Kitchen or hall floor, all lifted ready for floorman to come and quote. Mrs MC pointed out a flaw (forgive the pun) in all this. Now we have no floor what happens if the quote is too large, I really hadn't considered that possibility. :banghead: Oh well if push comes to shove I will have to go out and collect some old pallets and knock something together. :)

So as I have been on my knees most of the day, art a bit rushed. Walked Moet as sun was setting, Plein Air A5 sketch pad, small box of watercolour one big brush and raining so 5 minutes of bridge over waterfall on Rising Brooke , a bit blotch as Paper was wet and paint merged together. :) Did manage to get the sunset colour though.:joyful:
View attachment 44452
Yep, good sunset sketch - no floor - very chic.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today.
A very quick five minute sketch in SketchClub. I had no preconceived idea or picture...my finger did the drawing itself ...

View attachment 44453

Now, all I want to do is sleep....good night...
Lovely. It immediately made me think of the sad Song of The Moon by Dvorak:
Silvery moon in the velvet sky
Your light shines far in the heavens
Over the world, wandering
Gazing in human dwellings

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully quiet dawn in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of Heck sausages and a few eggs on some home made FibreFlour bread came in at 5.1 this am

Bit of a miserably, dreary and wet day yesterday but did manage a quick dash round the park between downpours early on.
New sofa arriving today so it was the dance of the existing sofas in order to make room. The old steel frame futon in the un-named room that we have had for well over 25 years is going, now awaiting collection by a local charity shop in the garage. Mrs Miggins then moved a sofa from the sitting room into the space left by the old futon - think cantilever or some strange A level maths problem - always interesting to see.

Lots of brush stroke practice yesterday while the rain came down. Eventually some bamboo on backing paper and a wee play with some faint memories of a visit to The Cherokee Nation, Oklahoma many years ago.

upload_2020-10-6_7-9-7.jpeg

upload_2020-10-6_7-8-50.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me today.

Have to get rid of the wood from my kitchen and hall floor today. My cousin is taking it to France to burn in his Wood Stove so VW camper being put to other uses to deliver it to him, not in France but Shropshire. We can't burn it as we are in a smokeless zone and can only burn Kiln Dried Wood on our Defra Approved Wood Stove.

Keep those wheels in motion, as some good old song says. Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully quiet dawn in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of Heck sausages and a few eggs on some home made FibreFlour bread came in at 5.1 this am

Bit of a miserably, dreary and wet day yesterday but did manage a quick dash round the park between downpours early on.
New sofa arriving today so it was the dance of the existing sofas in order to make room. The old steel frame futon in the un-named room that we have had for well over 25 years is going, now awaiting collection by a local charity shop in the garage. Mrs Miggins then moved a sofa from the sitting room into the space left by the old futon - think cantilever or some strange A level maths problem - always interesting to see.

Lots of brush stroke practice yesterday while the rain came down. Eventually some bamboo on backing paper and a wee play with some faint memories of a visit to The Cherokee Nation, Oklahoma many years ago.

View attachment 44457

View attachment 44456
I really like your Bamboo drawings, practice is certainly making you perfect. Like the faint memory composition although not sure if head gear or landscape inspired.

Careful not to spill your Koffe on that new sofa. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr Johnson will tell the Conservative Party's virtual conference he believes that in 10 years' time, "offshore wind will be powering every home in the country".

Hold on to your hats it's suddenly going to get a lot draughtier. :joyful:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 44457

View attachment 44456
This is wonderful fluid bamboo @dunelm

I love your second painting. It brings to mind dancing ghosts...