What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @mr_cat and thank you for sharing the joy
Today I had the usual buckets full of black coffee all morning
Lunch 40g Camembert, 1/2 tin tuna, h/b egg, spinach leaves, olive oil and a slice of Schwarzbrot
Dinner: 250g steak. Salad with 1/2 avocado and olive oil. Amazingly still hungry at the end - it was fillet steak so maybe not enough fat - had a small portion of lazy mousse a la @Goonergal

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now there's a good idea! I haven't had liver of whatever kind in ages, but I do love it :hungry:.
We had lambs liver with bacon and onions last night :hungry:

Today:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and raspberry phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
Dinner: chilli con carne with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Brussels sprouts are ridiculously cheap at the moment, and the string beans in the store didn't look very appetising so I used sprouts instead for one of my favourite dishes :)
Oven baked marinated pork belly pieces and onions, Brussels sprouts, and a spicy peanut sauce. Very good, and enough left for another 2 days :hungry:.

Plastic plates are great when it's cold in the kitchen, prevents the food from cooling right away. And as an extra bonus they carry wonderful memories on camping trips as a child :happy:.

122324862_10222058430244137_1164011657541207484_o.jpg

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@DJC3 not me on the stuffed peppers, but I would try it if I liked cooked pepper any way but marinated/grilled lol.
@Goonergal ICE water first thing in the morning?!? Brrrrrr! And how on earth can chocolate in the desk drawer go forgotten?!!
@ianpspurs don't let them get you down-- you, Julie, and grands deserve that Advent calendar!
Bfast avocado, pecans, boiled egg, 1.75 sq Lindt 90%, flax crisps/dilute soymilk
Lunch another boiled egg and an open peanut butter jar...
Supper cherry tomatoes, cucumber, can of tuna (cats enjoyed the oil in their own supper), spinach/hm dressing, Castelvetrano olives, flax crisps/dilute soy and totally unnecessary pecans.
Goodnight and good morning as appropriate!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 IDK Lush. I assume it means nice or similar? Neither Julie nor I have ever had a chocolate advent calendar. Far cheaper than a decent bottle of port, brandy or whisky so worth a punt. Yes, @zauberflote Grandchildren/sons/Dils/90.9 yo MIL might eat some if we don't but enough other flavours to hide it I hope. I eat their almond chocolate and find it ok - no erith though. B=Tea; 11.00 am; AM Latte or cwc; L: Chicken mayo sandwich avec beacoup de feuilles de salade M bread toast.; EM = 2 slices skinny bread toast, smashed avocado topped with poached eggs. Sunny, mild and dry so a downhill following breeze day :):)

Last edited:

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Brunch

2 peices of Shortcut Bacon, 2 fried eggs with 2 pancakes made with no sugar. Black coffee
Ended up with really bad heartburn after eating as forgot to take my somac tablets so was not feeling thst good for a couple of hours

Afternoon tea / dinner

Greek Yoghurt with strawberries and black coffee

Few slices of fresh pineapple and slice of cheese and 2 cheddar biscuits

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy day today so kept picking at bits in-between. Think there was some ff greek, some cheese, a piece of ham, some nuts

For dinner made the leftover duck into a stir fry with oyster sauce, veg and noodles for the boys. I had some of last nights leftover roasted butternut squash on top of Monday's leftover celeriac mash topped off with some Stilton and reheated in the microwave , it was (yes @ianpspurs ) lush...in other words very nice indeed.

And didn't mean to be critical about the calendar, it sounds very nice indeed. Hope it lives up to expectations. If it does I will ask for one next year. This year I've ordered a Boots no7 cosmetics calender at £45 . Had one a couple of years ago and it was very nice indeed, and didn't hurt my bg at all.;) This years one is currently missing somewhere along the delivery chain:sorry:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Plenty of stress induced comfort eating today.

Started with some almond butter early on, then while the lunchtime poussin cooked in the airfryer, headed out for some fresh air and some Lindt 90% made an appearance. Poussin was delicious coated in chilli oil and salt. Lindt went down well with some extra thick double cream. Shame work is so busy as it was sunny and warm - ideal for walking.

Dinner was pork belly slices (also picked up on the lunch time foray) cut into piece and air fried. And more Lindt.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Annb , I love the look of your whole roast celeriac!
I might give it a try next time I fancy celeriac, and your oxtail looks delicious as well :hungry:

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, hugs for the stress @Goonergal I polished off 1/2 jar almond butter last night, no stress involved just mindless snacking. Air fried poussin sounds wonderful.

Today I decided on 2 diet doctor keto meals as I don’t think I’m getting the macros right when I wing it.
Lunch: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/quick-and-easy-keto-tuna-zoodle-salad, the raw spiralized courgettes were great, and a nice change from salad leaves.
Dinner: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/kristies-chicken-philly-cheesesteak-casserole , does anyone know what I can use in future instead of Provolone cheese? I only had cheddar and it worked well but I wonder what it was meant to be like.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy day today so kept picking at bits in-between. Think there was some ff greek, some cheese, a piece of ham, some nuts

For dinner made the leftover duck into a stir fry with oyster sauce, veg and noodles for the boys. I had some of last nights leftover roasted butternut squash on top of Monday's leftover celeriac mash topped off with some Stilton and reheated in the microwave , it was (yes @ianpspurs ) lush...in other words very nice indeed.

And didn't mean to be critical about the calendar, it sounds very nice indeed. Hope it lives up to expectations. If it does I will ask for one next year. This year I've ordered a Boots no7 cosmetics calender at £45 . Had one a couple of years ago and it was very nice indeed, and didn't hurt my bg at all.;) This years one is currently missing somewhere along the delivery chain:sorry:
@MrsA2 now I know what lush means - I'm not sure food is ever lush. IMHO it is either functional or sub-optimal but YMMV. I didn’t really feel any criticism in that post so no problem but I’ll swerve that calendar. Stilton is functional.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lamb liver, not had it for a while and thought my diet need more hi power nutrient bombs. normally eat mostly minced beef cheese n eggs. The liver was very nice, sliced flash fried in in butter with onion and garlic with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top after. :)
first time adding to this thread but enjoyed the meal much just wanted to share the joy!
OMG you could be my husband he actually loves panfried lambs liver. I cannot in any way deal with it, have to be nowhere near it and he has to clean everything before I can enter the kitchen, which he does. Th3 deal is if he cooks it I am not involved a5 any stage, before, during and after.
today I had my usual brekkie of slice of HiLo toast, butter, tea.
Lunch was unexpectedly out in an outside cafe and was an open smoked salmon sandwich on a bit of rye bread with cream cheese and watercress salad and with brilliant caper berries which were the star of the show.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few Brazil nuts.
Dinner: tuna melts followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
This looks very similar to the tuna melt recipe from @Rachox which I usually make with bacon, ham or chorizo
20200725_193216.jpeg

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
[
I've eaten this one hot from the oven, hopefully they will be just as good when eaten cold :)
There are 4 left to take with me to share tomorrow, and tonights dinner will be bell pepper filled with the same batter, which I expect to be very nice. The other bell pepper I've filled with a mixture of onion, chorizo and cheese.

Thanks for the idea, @zauberflote !

122168137_10222036226209050_8969687482747771469_o.jpg
[/QUOTE]
This looks very similar to the tuna melt recipe from @Rachox which I usually make with bacon, ham or chorizo

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Welcome to the thread, @mr_cat and @Chriztopher.
Hugs for the stress, @Goonergal.
Glad to see your post, @Annb.
The food in these photos looks delicious, @SlimLizzy.
@ianpspurs -- The advent calendar looks really good. Will you will wait until Dec. 1 to try them?

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Two leftover quail breasts. A DD keto roll with h/m mayonnaise and cheese.

Dinner: Some turkey salami, liver pate and cheese. Dry red wine.