Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all, nothing much to report here.
Autumn looks adorable @Robinredbreast! Very cheering to see that you have four new paws in the house.
Just two days to go now @Japes, hang in there, it won’t be long. Steer clear of the staff room too, we don’t want to hear that you’ve been caught by the wily virus.

Reactions: karen8967 and hh1

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Humming along to "One day more".

@Fairygodmother - I only go to our zone's designated staff room for the hot drinks run for our room and we share that task out! I never went to the staff room proper in days gone by really.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sending hugs Japes, and hope you remain safe and well, and can get some time to yourself in half term to rest or go for a walk etc between appointments and food shopping. A lot of people are feeling exhausted aren't they?
Regarding routine eye screening, I understand why they've said you won't be called, but with Diabetes you don't always notice anything different in your vision, so it's good you've got a routine regular eye check soon.
Had pain behind my eye last week, and when I rang the opticians mid afternoon I was told to come for an appointment at 9 a.m the next day. Was extremely impressed with the them, and although I've still got pain, nothing unusual was found.

My regular opticians do my eye screening so I am well aware that if they feel I need the screening, they would say something. Which is why I booked the regular eye test more promptly than usual once they said they were open for business again.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
When I eat pizza, it's a vegan veggie pizza. Very high carb, but some fat but not high fat as I don't eat cheese. It's a frozen pizza and while they now have an option available with vegan cheese I like the one without and always eat it. I know people say they have a hard time dosing for pizza, high carb, high fat. But mine I have down pat in 3 doses for it. 1/3 a half hour before, a 1/3rd when I eat and a /3 a half hour after and that works really well. There is now a pizza place that is making a pizza with vegan cheese and sofrito instead of a tomato sauce and I tried it last week. Yum..............and now I have discovered the difficulty of dosing for pizza lol.....................It looked like I was doing well, I even added on extended dose to release up to an hour after. Nope it seems to like to hit even later than that and I am thinking I missed guessing at how many carbs too or I need to bolus for some fat too. Or Both. All that vegan cheese does have carbs too and maybe bigger slices and I think I am misjudging ..............

The question is how many times will it take to figure out dosing for it lol..................because boy did I screw up my TIR today!!!!!! I have leftovers, hopefully tomorrow I do better!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marie 2 loved this description of the trials of eating pizza. Also the fact that it hasn’t put you off, just given you a determination to come up with a better plan. On the rare occasion I succumb, I look at it and say, right off we go then, whose going to win this time. Invariably it’s the pizza!

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Been lashing down for most of the morning

Do we really turn the clocks back this weekend? Ooer
@Cumberland ....good to see you:).....just had a downpour here ....was beautiful and sunny this morning so got a few hours of gardening in...checking on pots of bulbs including the one my cat has decided to sit in over the summer months...not sure if this will encourage or discourage bulb growth...
5D0D2D7B-19E6-44C9-BDA5-8ADBC15EED08.jpeg
....will have to wait and see...
As for clocks they do go back at the weekend......what are you going to do with your extra hour?
Hope everyone else is doing ok and has a good weekend :)

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nice to see you @Cumberland. Hope you're ok and it's a drier day in your area tomorrow.

Was wet earlier here, and has gone very cold in an evening. Desperately trying to do without any heating after my energy company went bust, and all it's customers are in the process of being transferred to a new one, but finding it a tad chilly last couple of evenings.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all, and good to see you @Cumberland.
How’s Wispa?
My energy company went bust too @Hopeful34, I wonder if it’s the same one? It was set up as a wonderful venture that was supposed to keep the money in the community and not in the pockets of nameless investors, but sadly it hasn’t worked. I spent ages looking at others and decided to go with one that Which said was excellent rather than the one that bought the failed company.
Pizza! Maybe it’s the cheese, vegan or otherwise, or maybe it’s the time the base was proving for, or the colour of the baker’s socks that turns it into a rebellious long-stayer. Hope you beat it @Marie 2
Bloods pretty good here today though I dashed down to get a new Levemir cartridge when I woke as half asleep eyes saw a reading of 13.1. The watlaa had switched from mmoll to mgdl during the night and it was 131: another rebel.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, yesterday just went missing! Currently have the man here installing my fitted spare room furniture; he started at 8 yesterday and today, but yesterday meant being on hand for a few things and was outside for the rest of it, avoiding the music of saws, drills and hammers.

@Cumberland, yes, good to see you and fairygodmother beat me to it - how's the adorable Wispa?

Bgs a bit up and down, partly more/less exercise than anticipated but apart from all that, nothing to report here. And @Molly56 I'm planning to have a lie-in tomorrow!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning all, nothing much to report here.
Autumn looks adorable @Robinredbreast! Very cheering to see that you have four new paws in the house.
Just two days to go now @Japes, hang in there, it won’t be long. Steer clear of the staff room too, we don’t want to hear that you’ve been caught by the wily virus.

Autumn breezed in and brought happiness to myself and my daughter, she's a cutie pie :cat:

Reactions: hh1 and Molly56
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all, good one Karen, ain't that the truth! Don't know where yesterday went, just really busy, and thanks @Fairygodmother, yes, fully recovereed from flu jab reaction, was fine yesterday.

@Robinredbreast she's adorable! Bet you're in love already.

I'm facing the joys of a trip tot he tip today with a monumental amount of garden waste and other assorted rubbish, plus sorting out new tyres for the car, a trip to the charity shop and a few bits of shopping. Hope your day goes well whatever you're doing.

She has made the house a home again :happy::joyful::cat:

Reactions: hh1 and Molly56
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Afternoon guys, it's been a busy week, but chilling out this weekend and no work next week as it's half term.
Wet, windy and dark here, but not going out this weekend, need to catch up on clearing the leaves, they all seem to land in my front and back garden, but I will probably do that tomorrow.
Hope you are all keeping well and staying safe :)