Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Time I started posting here again. Feeling motivated as I booked a half hour PT session this morning with the chap who runs boot camp. He has a gym in his converted garage. Felt very energised afterwards so I’ve booked for 5 more weeks. He’s a great trainer, very supportive and encouraging.
Today I did 5 rounds of 20 seconds each of these with a 30 sec break between each : Squats, ‘ flow row’ using hand weights, sit ups and slam ball. After warm up on exercise bike.
Also the usual 4 or 5 mile dog meander.

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@MrsA2 you are funny "just" yoga...
@DJC3 glad you're posting again! Your trainer sounds wonderful! My mom had a trainer three times a week for 18 months surrounding her 90thvbirthday--
the things she was doing were amazing. Think of how you'll do
Two walks with baby stroller, one crisp and one meandering, 4 times round the "big block" (twice each), total >3.5 miles
Barre class during which I discovered it is possible to fall asleep while standing tiptoe and moving up and down.... good thing I was hanging on!

Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@DJC3 there were several factors-- I was short a couple of hours sleep, the stroller walks, and I'd already had 3 difficult classes on previous days. I only watch him once a week, so that's in itself not really it. It was funny! My eyes kept rolling and I couldn't keep them open lolol

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 there were several factors-- I was short a couple of hours sleep, the stroller walks, and I'd already had 3 difficult classes on previous days. I only watch him once a week, so that's in itself not really it. It was funny! My eyes kept rolling and I couldn't keep them open lolol

I can remember that ‘must sleep’ feeling from geography lessons at school!

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Back into the botanical gardens ... this is a Mynah bird, I think this particular one is the ringleader of the gang that sneaks into my house and eats my food. I’ve never had fried Mynah...
855E423F-3602-4B48-BB22-8D6417676EC7.jpeg 8C003DB9-A792-4FD5-AE97-8ABBDE4ECAC8.jpeg 4B1D2E61-EC37-44F8-A757-F009517C0F31.jpeg 311AC113-B3E0-49E4-9834-6ADC66C1F79D.jpeg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
15 miles today. Richmond Park, Thames Path and Kew Gardens. Very enjoyable despite a lot of early rain.

Attachments

• 8857F865-7D5A-48DC-97B6-8ADA7BED51D6.jpeg
    8857F865-7D5A-48DC-97B6-8ADA7BED51D6.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 8B073404-DAA9-493E-86CD-FAE0D5F29546.jpeg
    8B073404-DAA9-493E-86CD-FAE0D5F29546.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 57A7AA81-3A8C-4FB3-B8D7-398B4E647061.jpeg
    57A7AA81-3A8C-4FB3-B8D7-398B4E647061.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 210
  • C3460127-2AFE-4334-ACFC-2684CDFD2091.jpeg
    C3460127-2AFE-4334-ACFC-2684CDFD2091.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 198

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Gonna try and do something special today....i'll check in later. It's a mental thing to drain the brain of negative thoughts to achieve what I will try.

Chrissiemac

I am T2 and walk the dog every .morning for about 1hr had a new knee last year and can now start to use the treadmill again however I have heart failure so won't be running any marathons but I have lost weight just have to be careful looking forward to bring in touch with others like me xx

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Normal dog walks and repeated the Hiit workout I got from the personal trainer last week. 20seconds each with 30 Secs gap and 5 cycles repeated - ‘flow row’ using 2kg weights, squats, sit ups, lunges.
Hi @Chrissiemac dogs are good for making you go out for a walk aren’t they? Well done on the weight loss.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
View attachment 44936 View attachment 44937
Need an ‘intrigued’ emoji!

It's my birthday today (53). When my best friend called me early on, I said I would go to the gym and match my max deadlift, which I did pre-lock down. I have improved my training with the X3 bar, which does not stress the tendons. Additional meat increased my strength dramatically, but my tendons were not keeping up, so were sore previously.

Anway my time at the gym was restricted due to my birthday meal and an appointment for my dog at the vets (turns out, ear yeast infection). I had been winding myself up to perform well.

Performed Karate warm up, followed by several 5 x 2 75 kg installation lifts. This was followed by 3 x 125 kg.

I then had only 15 minutes left in the gym so moved on to:

175 kg:
175 kilos.jpg

and then surpassed my PB by 5 kilos to:

225 kg:
225 kilos.jpg

Feels satisfying to get older and push on.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's my birthday today (53). When my best friend called me early on, I said I would go to the gym and match my max deadlift, which I did pre-lock down. I have improved my training with the X3 bar, which does not stress the tendons. Additional meat increased my strength dramatically, but my tendons were not keeping up, so were sore previously.

Anway my time at the gym was restricted due to my birthday meal and an appointment for my dog at the vets (turns out, ear yeast infection). I had been winding myself up to perform well.

Performed Karate warm up, followed by several 5 x 2 75 kg installation lifts. This was followed by 3 x 125 kg.

175 kg:
View attachment 44935

225 kg:
View attachment 44936

Happy birthday and great lifting!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All that lifting puts my efforts today to shame.

I was just starting on my physio's routine of 7 stretches each leg, 5 exercises of varying sets then 7 stretches again, when my phone rang and it was my sister, so knew it would be a looong call so tried doing it with the phone to my ear. Keeping count was difficult, as was not letting her know i wasn't concentrating on the call (blush)

Made up for it after with some gardening

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 44936 View attachment 44937

175 kg:
View attachment 44938

225 kg:
View attachment 44939

You lifted 275kg? Good grief, that’s 5 of me! That’s Incredible.
Happy birthday by the way.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You lifted 275kg? Good grief, that’s 5 of me! That’s Incredible.
Happy birthday by the way.
Woh hold it there 275 and a recovering Type 2 would probably make the news. 225 for me, which is good, but in perspective this is a warm up for "real" lifters - the world record is 501 kg Hafthor Bjornsson

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woh hold it there 275 and a recovering Type 2 would probably make the news. 225 for me, which is good, but in perspective this is a warm up for "real" lifters - the world record is 501 kg Hafthor Bjornsson

Ah I misread but that’s still equivalent to lifting 2 of me on each side, I can’t really comprehend lifting that much, so impressive.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Chrissiemac congrats on getting the knee done and the weight loss! I have 2 bionic hips, cardiomyopathy, and asthma. I wasNEVER going to run any marathons
@Mbaker happy birthday and congrats on new PB!! I am impressed. Wait-- Bjornsson lifts HALF A TON!!??!!?? Where has my math gone wrong?
@MrsA2 that's funny about the phone call!
Tuesday barre class for which I'd lost my concentration early. Turned off overhead light in my room, Zoom audio cut out. Followed along with no audio for 6-7 min, then heard audio on bluetooth speaker in next room. Fetched it, battery nearly dead so cut it off. Still no audio, and video went black too. Arrgghh. Had to leave the meeting and rejoin. By that time I'd missed half of the best exercise she's come up with yet-- combo of high plank>knee to elbow&back> side plank> knee to elbow.... leaving you, if you're doing the hardest version, planking on bottom arm and bottom leg, with top two in motion. I managed that variation once but imagine several of my classmates sailing through the whole set. Yikes!! Something new to work on! Wheeee!

Reactions: Goonergal

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I can remember that ‘must sleep’ feeling from geography lessons at school!

Interesting! I had it for three separate history classes, high school and college, and innumerable flute students! I'd put my head on my hand as though listening intently, and when they finished I'd look up and say, that was good! Let's go back to the beginning and work on a few things. Lol
I once fell asleep on stage DURING A CONCERT. It was very warm, and the slow movement of a piano (I think) concerto, which movement I did not play so I didn't have to count. Thankfully I did not fall off my chair. Young kids, sleepless mommy, good times.....