What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Thank you very much for all the congratulations and good wishes on our wedding anniversary. The builder has won the present competition with a sourdough starter for Julie. The only way anything would beat that would be all our boys and grandchildren here. That will wait until the full cast list is complete - additions are expected beyond Feb 2021. And that, boys and girls, is why making sense of all this stupidity really matters. The numbers and diet are functional, a means to an end. Which is why I tolerate this WOE and want it optimised/personalised.
Congratulations Ian,
Have a great anniversary.
Our next will be 59 in March but the Divine mandate didn't work so well in our case.:)
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting to see the process of before and after, thank you. Both work very well and I do like those colour washes but having seen the two together I like it without just as much. Great subjects and well executed art.

Enjoy todays window adventure with that little one.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - I think the unwashed version is more pleasing.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@ianpspurs congratulations to you both on your anniversary hope you both have a wonderful day.

Oh and Paphos is a lovely place one of my fondest memories sitting at one of the tables at the waterfront with good wine and a delicious meal in the sunshine.

Cyprus was a regular detachment for us with the Nimrods.

My fbg this morning was 5.7 seems I am stuck in an oscillatory pattern of late.

Our friend lives in Rushcliffe so from Thursday she will be in tier three we live in Ashfield so will remain in tier two a little upsetting for us as we try to visit with her regularly.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs congratulations to you both on your anniversary hope you both have a wonderful day.

Oh and Paphos is a lovely place one of my fondest memories sitting at one of the tables at the waterfront with good wine and a delicious meal in the sunshine.

Cyprus was a regular detachment for us with the Nimrods.

My fbg this morning was 5.7 seems I am stuck in an oscillatory pattern of late.

Our friend lives in Rushcliffe so from Thursday she will be in tier three we live in Ashfield so will remain in tier two a little upsetting for us as we try to visit with her regularly.
Thank you. The waterfront in Paphos is indeed very pleasant and you can amble along to the Paphos Mosaics.The hotel we use is next to the Tombs of the Kings. I love using the gym and pool early then sitting outside for breakfast - champagne included- in shorts and pool slides when UK weather is like it is in Nov. The anniversary is why we go this time of year. The Best Man from our wedding lives in Woodborough. Is that in higher tier?

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@ianpspurs I'm afraid Woodborough is part of Gedling and will also be tier three from Thursday.

Just taking this opportunity to say that Judith is still practicing her sketching and this is one she did yesterday.

Scan3.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just had an airmail letter and postcards and bits and pieces from one of my American friends. She visited The Mütter Museum recently and I have taken a photo of the brochure she sent me. Spit Spreads Death, of the influenza pandemic of 1918-19 in Philadelphia.

BFD45EA2-92BE-4B8D-9AD1-82BAA5C55247.jpeg

So I looked the museum and the exhibition up. I found a virtual tour on their site, it was 16 mins long and had subtitles.I found it interesting. She did send me photos she had taken, and some bought postcards of the Museum. I found the beginning of the virtual tour interesting where it said the City officials decided it was more important to let this big parade go ahead, than worry about the influenza pandemic. But it was a disastrous decision, causing many many deaths.

Here is the You Tube link to the Virtual Tour I watched. In case you have a few minutes to spare.

Reactions: Gannet

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So managed to finish my Watercolour of an avenue of Beech Trees on Cannock Chase, A4 about 2 hours....
IMG_3979.JPG

Crazy day so much happened in 24 hours, too complicated to relate in full but all worked out very well in the end, lots of work on Mrs MC and my part though, thank goodness for a life time of making contacts and reliable friends. Basically through no fault of their own circumstances found my daughter, SIL and grandaughter potentially homeless by mid November. House move fell through last minute after they had terminated their contract with landlord, little decent available housing out there at the moment but managed to find someone we knew with house renovated ready to go on market today, daughter and SIL managed to see it last nigh and today deal done and secured and it's a much better house than the one they lost. Phew, result!

Can't say the same for re stringing my fiddle, round pegs in holes which are supposed to stay tight by friction only, there is a way of getting strings to bind them against the side of the head of the fiddle, but they never do for me. :banghead:

IMG_3980.JPG

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So managed to finish my Watercolour of an avenue of Beech Trees on Cannock Chase, A4 about 2 hours....
View attachment 44953
Crazy day so much happened in 24 hours, too complicated to relate in full but all worked out very well in the end, lots of work on Mrs MC and my part though, thank goodness for a life time of making contacts and reliable friends. Basically through no fault of their own circumstances found my daughter, SIL and grandaughter potentially homeless by mid November. House move fell through last minute after they had terminated their contract with landlord, little decent available housing out there at the moment but managed to find someone we knew with house renovated ready to go on market today, daughter and SIL managed to see it last nigh and today deal done and secured and it's a much better house than the one they lost. Phew, result!

Can't say the same for re stringing my fiddle, round pegs in holes which are supposed to stay tight by friction only, there is a way of getting strings to bind them against the side of the head of the fiddle, but they never do for me. :banghead:

View attachment 44954
Fruitful day all round and congratulations to all on securing the house. Stunning avenue of beech trees in all their autumn glory. Bold and vibrant, draws you in so that you want to dig out your walking boots and trudge into it. Smashing.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 44953

View attachment 44954
Brilliant! That is full of vibrant colours. Makes up for me not being able to drive down the Conwy Valley....

Congratulations on the house deal!

Hugs for the fiddle wrestling....you will get there...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant! That is full of vibrant colours. Makes up for me not being able to drive down the Conwy Valley....

Congratulations on the house deal!

Hugs for the fiddle wrestling....you will get there...
Thank you, it's a real shame that you can't visit Conwy Valley.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 yesterday and 4.4 today

spent yesterday evening wrestling with the instructions for shaping the neckline of the sweater I'm knitting and time got away from me and I forgot to press 'post'
anyway the neckline is ok now (I think :angelic:)

Just seen Dr John Campbell explaining the covid risk self assessment form on Youtube, mr gee is in the 'high' risk band and I'm in the 'medium' risk band :sorry:

Still need to go shopping tomorrow, we have mum's list and our local schools went back into session on Monday so hopefully not too busy :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@ianpspurs - Congratulations to the pair of you :joyful:

@JohnEGreen - a selection of nice pictures and a lovely sketch from Judith there :)

@Alien Aspie - I can almost feel the heat...sigh ;)

@dunelm - I really like your way with those crags, tinted or not it's amazing how much landscape you can create with your clever strokes :joyful:

@gennepher - those Art-Kure brushes are really vibrant, I love your forest and the white ink was a happy accident, it landed fortuitously ;)
Your painting today is mystical and the white powder ink is strong. It's produced an effect very like twinkling light on water.Your art is always so inventive :)
I found it difficult to use white over watercolour when I started, I tried gouache but the colour bled into it so I use white gel pen now :)

@Muddy Cyclist - what a great, vibrant avenue of beech trees, I love their autumn colour :joyful: your perspective is always so good :)

art bit catch up -
no 1 - just a couple of pencil sketches, working on my shading ;)
upload_2020-10-27_19-47-38.jpeg

no 2 - found one of the 'wave' paintings which had missed being scanned - here it is ;)
upload_2020-10-27_19-50-50.jpeg