What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Our eldest daughter is progressing well and after just over a week is beginning to put the worst of the Covid 19 behind her.
She spoke to us for a few minutes on the telephone last night and is somewhat improved on that today, so we have high hopes of a good recovery.
She has no metabolic issues and has looked after herself, so her recovery should be straight forward.
D.

Reactions: karen8967

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Our eldest daughter is progressing well and after just over a week is beginning to put the worst of the Covid 19 behind her.
She spoke to us for a few minutes on the telephone last night and is somewhat improved on that today, so we have high hopes of a good recovery.
She has no metabolic issues and has looked after herself, so her recovery should be straight forward.
D.
Thank goodness that is great news.:)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
D.
That is really good news.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
D.
Great news.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
art bit catch up -
Some very fine pencil sketching from you, impressive lines to build depth. Your wave I see a powerful watercolour, captured the movement, magnitude and colour. Hill and Cliffs top notch as usual. :)

Thanks for the appreciation of my Autumn Beech Tree painting.

Interesting information regarding Covid Risk Form on you tube, will search and see where I figure.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

@gennepher - those Art-Kure brushes are really vibrant, I love your forest and the white ink was a happy accident, it landed fortuitously ;)
Your painting today is mystical and the white powder ink is strong. It's produced an effect very like twinkling light on water.Your art is always so inventive :)
I found it difficult to use white over watercolour when I started, I tried gouache but the colour bled into it so I use white gel pen now :)

art bit catch up -
no 1 - just a couple of pencil sketches, working on my shading ;)
View attachment 44956

no 2 - found one of the 'wave' paintings which had missed being scanned - here it is ;)
View attachment 44957

Thank you @geefull
They are incredibly vibrant those Art Kure pens.

I would like to try my white powder ink on dark water, and it twinkles like you say.
White gel pen works well for me too. But for waves, I have used those white ink correction pens, like Tip-Ex. It is a thicker line than the white gel pen, not as controllable but can work well for wild waves. But not every one of those different makes of those white correction pens work well. I did find a cheap one from the pound shop, their own brand, (many moons ago in pre-Covid days when shopping for non essential goods was legal in Wales), and it worked brilliantly for waves and many white details.

Your pencil sketches are absolutely brilliant. I wouldn't have the patience for that kind of beautiful precise detail.

Your wave is magnificent. So powerful.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
D.
Brilliant.
I am glad.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

I am up early. Or rather I didn't sleep well. I never do when I have to go out. It is collecting my medicines today. And while I am at it, the Polish shop and Tesco Express are next door so I will pick up some essential foodstuffs that Wales allows. And the Funeral parlour is next door to that, so any sweets the Polish shop kindly give me as a gift for shopping there will go straight to the charity boxes of food just inside the Funeral Parlour door.

And I shall see if I can do a wee little drive before I come back home...

I don't like the painting I have done for today, so I will try and rescue it when I come back...

Oh, I am writing a few postcards and letters to pop in the postbox this morning. I got this cartoon a week ago from a friend in Wyoming. I am very slow. I just didn't get the cartoon until this morning...

4DF8D512-6872-41D3-98F5-E4B5D56C59F8.jpeg

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rats - spoke too soon about stable sensors ... Registered LO all night so I think this one has gone kaput so have the stress of calling Abbot and dealing with their customer “service” reps.

Place your bets at how long they make me keep it on before they agree to send out a replacement?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 yesterday and 4.4 today

spent yesterday evening wrestling with the instructions for shaping the neckline of the sweater I'm knitting and time got away from me and I forgot to press 'post'
anyway the neckline is ok now (I think :angelic:)

Just seen Dr John Campbell explaining the covid risk self assessment form on Youtube, mr gee is in the 'high' risk band and I'm in the 'medium' risk band :sorry:

Still need to go shopping tomorrow, we have mum's list and our local schools went back into session on Monday so hopefully not too busy :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@ianpspurs - Congratulations to the pair of you :joyful:

@JohnEGreen - a selection of nice pictures and a lovely sketch from Judith there :)

@Alien Aspie - I can almost feel the heat...sigh ;)

@dunelm - I really like your way with those crags, tinted or not it's amazing how much landscape you can create with your clever strokes :joyful:

@gennepher - those Art-Kure brushes are really vibrant, I love your forest and the white ink was a happy accident, it landed fortuitously ;)
Your painting today is mystical and the white powder ink is strong. It's produced an effect very like twinkling light on water.Your art is always so inventive :)
I found it difficult to use white over watercolour when I started, I tried gouache but the colour bled into it so I use white gel pen now :)

@Muddy Cyclist - what a great, vibrant avenue of beech trees, I love their autumn colour :joyful: your perspective is always so good :)

art bit catch up -
no 1 - just a couple of pencil sketches, working on my shading ;)
View attachment 44956

no 2 - found one of the 'wave' paintings which had missed being scanned - here it is ;)
View attachment 44957
Thank you @geefull - It’s a very loose style that I like for landscapes.
A couple of good pencil sketches from you today, is one a water droplet? A great wave - I like the way that you have it lifting, up into a curve, anticipation of the final surge and then pounding down onto the rocks.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today.

A hint of a sunrise here today. I should be going to MILs as we discovered one of the sheds hidden at the bottom of the garden is damaged, roof fell in, because two sheds were listed in the sale information I have to go and replace roof. I am thinking about procrastinating until Saturday we shall see what Mrs MC thinks. I would rather go a Muddy Cycle ride as it's looking dry.

Violin restrung, now to annoy the neighbours. :joyful:

Savor Autumns beauty, i. the words of that well known song, 'Leaves are falling, just like embers, in colours red and gold they set us on fire, just like moonbeams in our eyes.'. Keep Safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
D.
Great news.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today.

A hint of a sunrise here today. I should be going to MILs as we discovered one of the sheds hidden at the bottom of the garden is damaged, roof fell in, because two sheds were listed in the sale information I have to go and replace roof. I am thinking about procrastinating until Saturday we shall see what Mrs MC thinks. I would rather go a Muddy Cycle ride as it's looking dry.

Violin restrung, now to annoy the neighbours. :joyful:

Savor Autumns beauty, i. the words of that well known song, 'Leaves are falling, just like embers, in colours red and gold they set us on fire, just like moonbeams in our eyes.'. Keep Safe.
How annoying having to fix the shed - still, annoying the neighbours will balance the day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another exciting International Bin Day Celebration in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a home made chicken chinese chow job with cauliflower rice came in at 5.1 this am

Well after lots of prodding, poking and the sucking of teeth, the fridge freezer has now been officially condemned - a replacement will be fitted this afternoon and the broken one taken away.

Another bit of landscape today - just ink onto rice paper. Have the very best day that you can for a Wednesday. I shall make some koffy and see what happens.

upload_2020-10-28_7-7-11.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another exciting International Bin Day Celebration in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a home made chicken chinese chow job with cauliflower rice came in at 5.1 this am

Well after lots of prodding, poking and the sucking of teeth, the fridge freezer has now been officially condemned - a replacement will be fitted this afternoon and the broken one taken away.

Another bit of landscape today - just ink onto rice paper. Have the very best day that you can for a Wednesday. I shall make some koffy and see what happens.

View attachment 44960
That's an impressively full landscape, lots of depth and wonderful trees and rocks, a fine piece of art.

Helicopter grounded today? :)