What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
Me and me's decided to have a break from all electronic communications over the weekend apart from essentials ie banking. Hence over a 100 posts to catch up on and all those paintings to look at.

Bloods: Saturday 7.3, Sunday 6.1 and today 6.1 again.

Well fellow posters and painters, how are you all coping with lockdown starting and ending, nightclubbing ending and starting and of course border crossing. Confused or not best stay safe.
Today Mrs J will trim my beard, then I have a chair to repair, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Be good, be safe and don't get caught.

SilverK

Finally managed to get an email off to my GP before they closed to new queries for the day. I know they’re going to want to run all sorts of blood tests to “rule things out” and that’s “not possible at this time” etc etc. - I don’t need the secrets of the universe, I just need the pain cut down to a level where I can function and maybe get some sleep. What’s the betting there’ll be no help there?
Video call with the dietician this morning. Better clear all the dragons/paints/trumpet mouthpieces/general randomness off the bookcases behind my desk or she’s going to think I’m weird.
Happy Monday

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally managed to get an email off to my GP before they closed to new queries for the day. I know they’re going to want to run all sorts of blood tests to “rule things out” and that’s “not possible at this time” etc etc. - I don’t need the secrets of the universe, I just need the pain cut down to a level where I can function and maybe get some sleep. What’s the betting there’ll be no help there?
Video call with the dietician this morning. Better clear all the dragons/paints/trumpet mouthpieces/general randomness off the bookcases behind my desk or she’s going to think I’m weird.
Happy Monday
Good luck with that and hope that at least you can get some pain relief - leave all the stuff out - be weird - you know it makes sense.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 this morning and a slight drop in ketones to 1.9 but all is good ;)

@gennepher you really don't have much joy with Amazon. I must be lucky with my zone as they delivered twice yesterday with no problems. I was expecting both orders together but Alexa alerted me to the split and when they arrived. I have DPD rocking up today and they have already fixed their 1-hour slot, which leaves the scary delivery to Wed and the dreaded Hermes. Hopefully, you can get a faster resolution this time.

My favourite piece of news today was this, a new frontier :)

No I don't @Alien Aspie
I am fed up with it.
Thank you.

They have one more chance, and if they mess up that, I will take my internet shopping elsewhere.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bit late to the party today after another early wake up fretting over stuff, thinking about late parents, and also not helped by dropping a heavy piece of furniture on my thumb on Saturday!

Went to the pharmacist to get gauze, micropore and surgical spirit to try and get this split top of thumb to heal!

Found Remembrance Sunday very poignant yesterday - before too long the veterans of WWII will have dwindled away so to have a year where they can’t march seems especially sad.

I was 7.5 ➡️ this morning before hitting up the treadmill for another of my C25K sessions. Next week need to start building up to be able to do sections of running for 3mins so again chatting to the lovely physio the aim is to go to 2min run on the longer sessions, repeat over 2 weeks and then go to 2.5min for 2 weeks and then step up to the 3min runs.

Actually going to write an article about attacking C25K with residual injury problems.

Happy first full week of lockdown everyone x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I went into ZenBrush2 app to do a quick simple zen drawing...
BUT, the app said hey we have ZenBrush3 now. So I go to look. It is a paid app, and it has different colours. So, I thought I will treat myself.

So, now I am frustrated because it's got 'clever' stuff. Which is not really so clever. And this hot hot potch of a painting is me trying to figure out strokes and colours and papers.

I am seriously under-impressed and very frustrated with it. And it has put me in a bad mood...

So this is my effort with it.

36F31C77-AA08-4433-8436-3C8F3970E09E.jpeg

So then I went back to ZenBrush2 and tried to do Popeye asleep on my lap. But I wasn't drawing well by now, not in a good mood with it.

06CA58CB-BC22-4386-A90F-8BFCB29AFF8F.jpeg

I will just put this in as a thumbnail.

Then ZenBrush2 said to me, hey you can import this to ZenBrush3. So, I do, and ZenBrush3 then says, sorry this file is not supported but we can do such and such with this, so I press the button, and the blue background from ZenBrush2 is gone...

So I try another background paper in ZenBrush3, and this is what came up.
And I will put this as a thumbnail as well.

02DA3BA9-01E1-419F-AC12-72E43C69DFB5.jpeg

I am so not happy, I should have done a painting in Procreate, but I have wasted enough time today. Going outside to blow off my cobwebs...

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit late to the party today after another early wake up fretting over stuff, thinking about late parents, and also not helped by dropping a heavy piece of furniture on my thumb on Saturday!

Went to the pharmacist to get gauze, micropore and surgical spirit to try and get this split top of thumb to heal!

Found Remembrance Sunday very poignant yesterday - before too long the veterans of WWII will have dwindled away so to have a year where they can’t march seems especially sad.

I was 7.5 ➡️ this morning before hitting up the treadmill for another of my C25K sessions. Next week need to start building up to be able to do sections of running for 3mins so again chatting to the lovely physio the aim is to go to 2min run on the longer sessions, repeat over 2 weeks and then go to 2.5min for 2 weeks and then step up to the 3min runs.

Actually going to write an article about attacking C25K with residual injury problems.

Happy first full week of lockdown everyone x
Winner for the fighting spirit you show but a hug in there for the thoughts of late parents and the injured finger. There are definitely articles and tips to be shared on exercise and nutrition for those with injuries and T2. I really admire your fighting spirit.

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
I think so
Was his wife called June, daughter Diane? That’s if I have got the right person.
He did get married later on in his life but he got zapped on his motorbike on the Thursby bypass going to work at the Wigton factory, an overtaking van was at fault going to Carlisle, it pulled out without looking.
Afraid I cant remember the name of the mature lady he married.

I went with him, Dave Hickson from the Nursery in Dalston, plus others on a birding trip to Tunisia in the late 80's.
He had the most incredible eyesight that would not have shamed a first nation Australian..
But now he sleeps under a tree in the churchyard with a rather nice gravestone.
D.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went into ZenBrush2 app to do a quick simple zen drawing...
BUT, the app said hey we have ZenBrush3 now. So I go to look. It is a paid app, and it has different colours. So, I thought I will treat myself.

So, now I am frustrated because it's got 'clever' stuff. Which is not really so clever. And this hot hot potch of a painting is me trying to figure out strokes and colours and papers.

I am seriously under-impressed and very frustrated with it. And it has put me in a bad mood...

So this is my effort with it.

View attachment 45265

So then I went back to ZenBrush2 and tried to do Popeye asleep on my lap. But I wasn't drawing well by now, not in a good mood with it.

View attachment 45266

I will just put this in as a thumbnail.

Then ZenBrush2 said to me, hey you can import this to ZenBrush3. So, I do, and ZenBrush3 then says, sorry this file is not supported but we can do such and such with this, so I press the button, and the blue background from ZenBrush2 is gone...

So I try another background paper in ZenBrush3, and this is what came up.
And I will put this as a thumbnail as well.

View attachment 45267

I am so not happy, I should have done a painting in Procreate, but I have wasted enough time today. Going outside to blow off my cobwebs...
It’s all an experiment and full marks for perseverance - the cats are great.
I do wonder why, when an app is working so well, that the developers have to go and fiddle with it - can’t be to generate more income, surely

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s all an experiment and full marks for perseverance - the cats are great.
I do wonder why, when an app is working so well, that the developers have to go and fiddle with it - can’t be to generate more income, surely
I will have a look another day, but just not today. I like trying new things and experimenting, but just not today...
It loses something @dunelm in ZenBrush3. Or at least that is my opinion today...
Today, I cannot see the merit in ZenBrush3, it then becomes neither one thing or another.
ZenBrush2 has a simplicity.
I will have another go with it, because I paid £4.99 for it. But not yet...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just received a parcel from France - my mother must be having a clear out.
The fancy stone thing is her own art seal and the carved bamboo pot is certainly older than I am.
Just like having a birthday and Christmas all at once.
View attachment 45268

That is a brilliant present @dunelm with all those bits and pieces...
I have a carved bamboo pot similar to that which is pretty ancient. J's father, a sea captain, brought it back from China in the 1920's or earlier, and apparently said it was a hundred years old then! J gave it to me because I did Chinese painting...

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well at least back in the 7's with a 7.6 and we are out of firebreak lockdown whatever it was or is o_O...... for now

SilverK

Heard back from the doctor. He wants MORE blood tests. I don’t know how much I’ve got left! But he has given me some pain killers to try. Fingers crossed I’ll sleep tonight. - I almost want to go to bed now to see if they work!
Had a good meeting with the dietician today. She’s upped my Lantus slightly and has given me a ratio to work out insulin to carbs. We’re experimenting. She was really concerned that I’m eating hardly any carbs, taking loads of novorapid and my blood sugar readings at lunch and dinner aren’t showing any peaks at all. It is kinda confusing. So lots less insulin - Weekly Friday Weigh-in, here I come!!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.9 today

I wonder if that's the stewed fruit, my residual sniffle or plain old dp :)

it's a miserable weather day outside now, it started off bright and sunny then the cold fog roooolled in and is still here ;) Spent part of the day sorting out a storage box from the cupboard at the top of the stairs.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - yay for a welcome visitor! :)
I like the clouds drifting across your sun and what a fantastic parcel to receive, even a brush rack :joyful: I got a couple of cheap brushes of that type to try but they're not very good and I don't have any ink. I'll treat myself one of these days ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - though they were earned in a good cause I hope the aches subside quickly :)

@SilverK - hope the pain relief works and sleep is forthcoming :)

@gennepher - hugs for your frustration, ain't technology wonderful ....when it works :sorry:
I like both your popeye paintings though :)

art bit -

this is inspired by work by an artist called Rob Piercy I saw on the internet whose skill I admire very much

upload_2020-11-9_18-31-55.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher hugs for the frustration but winner for the perseverance. Creativity can be so frustrating.

@dunelm winner getting all those great items from your mom and your art.

@ianpspurs thanks for kind words regarding my Aunties funeral and remembering. All went very well and I think some angels must have given us a hand with the singing it bought tears to the funeral goers, well I hope the tears were for how angelic I thought it sounded.:) I'm sure my Aunty was chuffed.

@geefull my aches have now gone but I have a new set after more sorting today. :) Like your painting today nice light and distance from a high vantage point.

@SilverK hugs for the long time sorting your pain, winner for what sounds like some positive steps forward, I hope you get to the bottom of it quickly.