What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's food -

Brunch - 2 slices slc bread toasted with corned beef and tomato. Washed down with a mug of earl grey tea.

Dinner - breast of chicken wrapped in cheese and bacon with some brussel sprouts and a couple of carrots. 2 squares lindtt 90% with peanut butter on top and another cup of earl grey tea.

Rather hungry day today had a few other bits and bobs but it is probably better that I don't say what
they were on here ... :hungry:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and raspberry phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee.
Dinner: roast chicken thighs stuffed with pork and apple (thanks to Mr Waitrose) with one tiny roast potato and mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
b: ff greek with seeds, blueberries and 2 squares of millionaires
Lovely Remembrance service outside church. Saw people i haven't seen so far this year. Sun shone and it was so warm
L: cheese, olives and tomato. More tiny millionaires. Knew I should have put them in the freezer
D: roast chicken, half a roasted carrot, qtr roasted parsnip, leeks and broccoli. Yep, 2 more tiny millionaires

Ready for tomorrow made Berry Bakes
About 200g soured cream
About 200g cream cheese
2 eggs
ABout 10-15g sweetener
Teaspoon vanilla or other flavouring (tonight was lemon).
Mix all above in liquidiser, mixer or bowl
Into each of 6-8 ramekins or other small jars/dishes put a small bit of frozen fruit. Tonight I used 3 raspberries 5 redcurrants and 2 blackcurrants into each pot.
Then top with the creamy mix and bake 180 for 20 - 25 minutes. Will rise then sink back. Let cool a bit, or a lot
Eat as dessert or breakfast or any time

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I already follow you in my 'people list'., Is that the same as a recipe circle? If not how do I do that?
Go into Profile & Settings on the left hand menu. From there select Sharing then right at the bottom you have Add/Remove people from your Recipe Circle.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely Remembrance service outside church. Saw people i haven't seen so far this year. Sun shone and it was so warm
L: cheese, olives and tomato. More tiny millionaires. Knew I should have put them in the freezer
D: roast chicken, half a roasted carrot, qtr roasted parsnip, leeks and broccoli. Yep, 2 more tiny millionaires

About 200g soured cream
About 200g cream cheese
2 eggs
ABout 10-15g sweetener
Into each of 6-8 ramekins or other small jars/dishes put a small bit of frozen fruit. Tonight I used 3 raspberries 5 redcurrants and 2 blackcurrants into each pot.
Then top with the creamy mix and bake 180 for 20 - 25 minutes. Will rise then sink back. Let cool a bit, or a lot

Like the sound of the Berry Bakes. Might give those a try and they’d probably be fine without the sweetener too, methinks. Do you think they’d freeze?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Made a soda scone this morning and had one small portion with some cheese. Not a great idea - despite taking even more insulin, BG went up from 12.5 to 14.8!

Evening meal was the 2nd half of the non-meat loaf from yesterday with a couple of fried eggs. Extra insulin and BG currently 10.7. Probably the best I can hope for today. Still very hungry though. Lots of coffee today.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Like the sound of the Berry Bakes. Might give those a try and they’d probably be fine without the sweetener too, methinks. Do you think they’d freeze?
I don't think they'd freeze because of the egg. Easy to halve the amounts
The full recipe is in cmt, its a keto fitness club one

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

About 200g soured cream
About 200g cream cheese
2 eggs
ABout 10-15g sweetener
What is your recipe for the millionaires please? as I have a tub of almond butter that I could use for it- many thanks

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Two small bell peppers and a tomato filled with the last of the tuna melt things batter and some extra parmesam on top.
A filled oven baked tomato was a first for me, very nice!

124637049_10222195815078672_5909459329626809125_o.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: 2 dippy eggs with SLC marmite soldiers
Lunch: 1 slice SLC bread toasted with Brussels pate
Dinner:air fried duck breast with celeriac mash and broccoli followed by DGF raspberry bakewell and cream. 2 or 3 glasses Malbec.
@MrsA2 I also made that berry bake thing a while ago( I called it an upside down cheesecake) but I lost the recipe so thanks for posting it. I agree it’s lovely.
@ianpspurs I think it’s time to resurrect the CCBs they were great! ( apart from the first time I made them which was a complete disaster)
@Antje77 the tuna muffin mix baked in peppers is a really good idea, I loved them too.

Edit to correct tag

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What is your recipe for the millionaires please? as I have a tub of almond butter that I could use for it- many thanks
A 7 inch square tin supposed to cut into 16 portions, but I've had to divide them again. Used a whole 100g bar of 85% for the topping and boy says all he could taste was the chocolate not the almond false caramel layer nor the biscuity bottom. I will freeze the rest and have the odd piece very occasionally .
I will play with parts of the recipe and maybe use elements in other dishes.
I've put the recipe in my Copymethat as not sure this link will work
https://t4s.site/view/https://t4s.site/view/
3g carbs per 1/16th. Be warned, if even I find them rich,they are very very rich

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast, tea. But granola.
Lunch, out of salad and bread so we had soup. Honestly this internet shopping is useless.
Dinner, ham hock ready meal, didn't use the Apple glaze supplied, instead sprinkled with parmesan style cheese for last 10 mins of cooking time. Carrots, French beans, and small half cob of sweet corn., wine, custard tart. But disappointing, far too much dry pastry. Won't bother again, or at least not from that shop. And much later nearly bedtime two squares of chocolate. One lindt dark intense with orange and one galaxy. Preferred the dark.
Lemon tea.

FBG was high so had lemon tea first thing then it was cold, took ages to get blood for another BG. But it was going up.
So quick breakfast coffee and no grain granola.
Coffee and one of MrSlims shortbread fingers.
Lunch, lettuce with a pile of coleslaw, couple of radish and same cherry toms, small chunk cucumber, several chunks cheese. Coffee.
Dinner chicken crown with veg, carrots French beans small cobette sweet corn and spoonful of peas 2 squares the Lindt chocolate, wine and coffee.

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
Hello all,

Thanks for the tip Ziggy, I'll look out for that one. I had a butterscotch sugar free sweet yesterday which tasted too sweet (my taste must be changing).
Haven't posted in a few days -- the new semester has started a week ago and lots of stuff to iron out. Will also have to post some virtual lectures today as I didn't get to it during the week (and then some leftover grading).

@Annb -- It's so good to see you back posting regularly again. Hugs for the contradictory advice from GP and nurse. Glad the medication is helping re your lungs.
@Bex72 -- Have you had a look at the Cavalier chocolate brand. It's sweetened with Stevia and has received some good reviews -- haven't tried it myself though. Still a bit higher carb than some of the really cocoa content ones.
@maglil55 -- Hugs for feeling down -- hope you are feeling a bit better today.
@PenguinMum -- In Germany, we have Glühwein (which would translate into something like "glow wine" and is very similar to mulled wine). I've made a low carb version of this a couple of years ago and it turned out really well. Let us know how it goes.
@OzBlossom -- Am looking forward to a report on the Lakanto.
@zauberflote -- Congrats on finally having a decision on the elections, though I am sure there still be a few challenges in court in the next few weeks.
@donnellysdogs -- Great to see you posting again -- hadn't seen you on the forum for quite some time -- welcome back.

Will be posting the meals of the past few days in another post to not make this one too long.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Thank you @maglil55 !
@Annb hugs for BG
@Antje77 very beguiling pic there!
@SlimLizzy I often have the "3-4 days out" issue with online grocery ordering. My grown son works at a big grocery which was a very early adopter of this service. They only have x number of employees, of whom he was once one, in that dept to pick the orders, and half of those are very unreliable. They can only handle so many orders per day, so when things heat up as in lockdown, they get overloaded and have to push customers out based on volume. Probably not wanting to promise what they can't deliver. This Thanksgiving is going to be a big trial for shopping in US!

Bfast in strange order bc I thought I was to have fasting labs. Brought a boiled egg and pecans in the car with me. Looking forward to avocado and flax crisps at home, and some chocolate.
Lunch? Or maybe can hold off until "pre-barre snack" of skyr yogurt/olive oil
Supper might have chicken from a HelloFresh meal I might make, but the other things are high carb.
Yesterday's supper was great except it didn't agree with me! Roasted green beans, cherry toms, cuke, cottage cheese, flax crisps/dilute soymilk. Lunch had been a can of albacore tuna (not what I usually get!) with olive oil and pomegranate white wine vinegar, dill pickle bottom-of-barrel scraps
Breakfast had been same as today's, equally spread out due to Sunday school and church schedule.

Last edited:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
"Parallel Chat" thread just created over in Off-Topic>General Chat. Please join me!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@Antje77 -- The stuffed bellpeppers look delicious.

Talking of nut butters, I bought some hazelnut butter a couple of weeks ago -- also because of the macros (3.2g of carbs per 100g). Turned out to be really, really good -- can recommend.

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: A zucchini-cheese-egg waffle with butter, a serving of baba ghanoush, a serving of guacamole and a serving of canned tuna with celery and mayonnaise.

Dinner: A waffle with creme fraiche. Some turkey salami. 16g of 88% chocolate with hazelnut butter. Dry red wine.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb -- Hugs for the stubbornly higher than desired blood sugars.
@DJC3 -- Thanks for the question re the ice cream the other day. Experiments are on hold for right now due to lack of space in the freezer. Is there a freezer available just for ice cream? Find that the ice cream freezes solidly once in the freezer and it's no longer as tasty.

Today ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: A waffle with steak tartare and mayonnaise. Some tuna with celery and mayonnaise. A spoonful of hazelnut butter.

Dinner: A serving of guacamole and a serving of baba ghanoush (eggplant dip), half a rump steak with an erythritol-based barbeque sauce. Red wine. (Maybe also another teaspoonful of hazelnut butter).

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today’s intake: B= 2+ litres of TWAM; Dockey: Almond milk latte with SF caramel syrup and 40 gms Dr A choc; L= Cheese mayo + cuc in Romaine leaves as 3 “sandwiches”; EM: Mackerel and avocado salad. Doesn’t seem much but it keeps my weight stable, above the too low point, so obviously enough. While the weather is mild no rush to rock the boat. @Rachox, yes, Mr Waitrose does do those stuffed thighs well. @DJC3 the CCBs belong to a bygone era for me but The Food Fairy may be asked to recreate some if I rediscover my trust in LC. There definitely won’t ever be another bag of Callebaut.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whilst I recall, the Lidl Mulled Wine. No NAS, as I remembered, but carbs are nothing too horrendous for an irregular thing.

Obviously, it could be "cut" with more red wine to un-water it down.

That sounds too bonkers

IMG_1604943669.594734.jpg
IMG_1604943682.547949.jpg