What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another long day, funeral and then more work at MILS bungalow and late home. So not much painting but decided to start another splodge and splatter watercolour, Misty Sherbrook Valley at the stepping stones painting. I have never painted this scene satisfactorily not sure if this method will achieve a better result, Tuesday will see it finished....about 15 minutes so far, A4 watercolour.
IMG_4052.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another long day, funeral and then more work at MILS bungalow and late home. So not much painting but decided to start another splodge and splatter watercolour, Misty Sherbrook Valley at the stepping stones painting. I have never painted this scene satisfactorily not sure if this method will achieve a better result, Tuesday will see it finished....about 15 minutes so far, A4 watercolour.
View attachment 45277

Hugs for the funeral.

A good start on the painting @Muddy Cyclist

And thanks for my painting compliment.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

@gennepher - hugs for your frustration, ain't technology wonderful ....when it works :sorry:
I like both your popeye paintings though :)

art bit -

this is inspired by work by an artist called Rob Piercy I saw on the internet whose skill I admire very much

View attachment 45275

Thank you for the compliment @geefull

I like this tall portrait orientation painting very much. It creates an amazing sense of space with foreground, middle ground, and then uplifting to the sky. It is soothing, beautiful, and uplifting. I love it.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just received a parcel from France - my mother must be having a clear out.
The fancy stone thing is her own art seal and the carved bamboo pot is certainly older than I am.
Just like having a birthday and Christmas all at once.
View attachment 45268

Here is my bamboo brush pot, that J gave me, that his father a Sea Captain got (around 1920's) when he went to China. Of course he got one with a Chinese Sailing Junk!

Your bamboo pot looks in better condition than mine. Mine has cracks in it, but this is how J gave it to me in 1990's. Any advice how to polish/feed the bamboo wood? I imagine being kept in a conventional Western centrally heated house doesn't help much @dunelm

E3B6FD13-FB92-4CC8-BCBC-646A65BC2C3D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6 for me today.

I have to hang around this morning waiting for the central heating to be serviced. I hope the service guy arrives early then I can fit in a creaky Muddy Cycle ride.

Keep safe.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 ➡️
And pretty stable overnight which makes a change!

Yeaterday turned out to be a bit of a meh day after starting well with a run. I suppose I did at least do stuff around the house - laundry etc and changed over things like hand towels, bath mats in the lodger’s bathroom, table linen and tea towels etc so not a complete loss but need to get back on it today.

Trying to use the force to make a cup of coffee in my room with my travel kettle that might have felt it was redundant this year but has been a godsend in avoiding trudging down two flights of stairs for a cuppa!

looking forward to checking back later and seeing what everyone has been up to.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, a 4.9 to greet the day and still happily showing ketones of 2.1 :)

Enjoy the day ;)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back up in the 8's with 8.8 not sure where that came from other than maybe late meal and poor sleep .

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.9 today

I wonder if that's the stewed fruit, my residual sniffle or plain old dp :)

it's a miserable weather day outside now, it started off bright and sunny then the cold fog roooolled in and is still here ;) Spent part of the day sorting out a storage box from the cupboard at the top of the stairs.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - yay for a welcome visitor! :)
I like the clouds drifting across your sun and what a fantastic parcel to receive, even a brush rack :joyful: I got a couple of cheap brushes of that type to try but they're not very good and I don't have any ink. I'll treat myself one of these days ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - though they were earned in a good cause I hope the aches subside quickly :)

@SilverK - hope the pain relief works and sleep is forthcoming :)

@gennepher - hugs for your frustration, ain't technology wonderful ....when it works :sorry:
I like both your popeye paintings though :)

art bit -

this is inspired by work by an artist called Rob Piercy I saw on the internet whose skill I admire very much

View attachment 45275
Thank you @geefull -lots of things to play with today. I love the elevated aspect of your Rob Piercy inspired picture. So light and delicate.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 45277
A hug for the funeral, I hope it went well. A promising start with the splodge and splatter and hope that the stepping stones emerge victorious from the mist.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A hug for the funeral, I hope it went well. A promising start with the splodge and splatter and hope that the stepping stones emerge victorious from the mist.
Thank you. Funeral was a very uplifting goodbye to my 99 year old Aunty, she had requested no black which usually always causes confusion but this time it worked and was very colourful, my very bright tropical flower mask even had a "that's a bit radical" greeting from my cousin so I must have got it right. :)

As for painting, we shall see as I said never yet done a satisfactorily one of these stepping stones.

Reactions: geefull and mojo37

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here is my bamboo brush pot, that J gave me, that his father a Sea Captain got (around 1920's) when he went to China. Of course he got one with a Chinese Sailing Junk!

Your bamboo pot looks in better condition than mine. Mine has cracks in it, but this is how J gave it to me in 1990's. Any advice how to polish/feed the bamboo wood? I image being kept in a conventional Western centrally heated house doesn't help much @dunelm

View attachment 45280
Nice pot - I really don’t know what would work to feed one but I have some teak oil and also some Danish oil but it seems that bamboo furniture is maintained with a monthly wipe of linseed so maybe try that - I think it may take 24 hours or so to soak in.

lindisfel

Expert
Have a good and safe day.
6.1 today.....not good.
But it seems par for the course nowadays and not a source of any concerns.

It looks as though I may get vaccinated relatively early being over 80, but there is some suggestion the vaccination may not work as well in those getting on in years.

Well I refuse to worry about anything, life is too precious to spend time worrying.
D.

Reactions: mojo37

lindisfel

Expert
You may like this guys art. He lives locally and climbs mountains at 78.

http://derekridley.co.uk/2012.php

Nice pot - I really don’t know what would work to feed one but I have some teak oil and also some Danish oil but it seems that bamboo furniture is maintained with a monthly wipe of linseed so maybe try that - I think it may take 24 hours or so to soak in.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a damp yet hopeful morning in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chuck it all in the pan and add the sriracha came in at 5.1 this am

The parcel of goodies that I received yesterday is laid out for some investigation today. I don’t know it I will get round to grinding ink but there is a heap of real Chinese colours in little ceramic pots to try and revive and I need to look at all the brushes, see how they perform and perhaps choose one or two for daily use.

A bit off piste today - some splattering and splodging on a bit of semi sized rice paper - about A5. Have a great day, the call of the koffy pot is strong.

upload_2020-11-10_8-1-24.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all be it good bad or like the Curate's egg. Damp, greyish and cooler than I like here in this giant aircraft park currently undergoing a hostile takeover. My fbg is a seriously known unknown since Sept 2 so I really must fit another sensor and hope it is one of the <70% that works. Great fbg and ketones @Alien Aspie and good to see no hypos or hypers @karen8967. Take care you lovely people. Have Pfizer/BioNTech "saved Christmas" - what does that even mean? Waitrose/John Lewis and Partners and Virgin wine club tend to do the job for me

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thanks @dunelm
I have both teak oil and linseed oil. I think I know where the linseed oil is :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2 I think it was...or 6.3...

My painting I have been playing in Procreate this morning. Just 2 brushes, the soft airbrush tool, and the leaves tool. And the blender tool also.
9F57297E-36A2-4974-AB74-85914889B26E.jpeg

Edit: Just realised the trees on the left of the yellowy-orange sky, in the middle, looks like the face of a hedgehog...