What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Then off to Mum’s for the weekend.
Elevenses: black coffee with birthday cake phd bar
Lunch, I have been skipping lunch for the last month but Mum would just think it weird so two lunches this w/e: chicken drumsticks and a small packet of Cheesies followed by Greek yoghurt raspberries and LC vanilla and raspberry granola.
Dinner: chicken with leak and bacon in cheese sauce with roasted Mediterranean roasted veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox have a good weekend with your mum - hope she’s recovering
@maglil55 pleased to hear your brother is out of hospital- not a good place to be right now my brothers MIL went into hospital last week for another issue related to infection and now is ill with CV19 - very worrying as she also has dementia.
Made a batch of lc seeded crackers first in a while and ate a fair few today!
Breakfast one each of slice bacon and egg with one slice of LC toast
Lunch seeded crackers and cheese followed by lc hm truffles
Dinner seeded crackers, salsa, chicken curry and gin with soda water followed by DGF lemon and blueberry with cream

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - 1 slice slc (outsider) toasted with butter and mug of earl grey tea

Mid afternoon - after returning from my mum's and before going out for my walk before it got dark I felt a bit hungry and hadn't really decided on what to have for dinner so I just had 2 slices slc bread sandwiches with corned beef and tomato

early evening done food shopping and among other things picked up some reduced mussels and prawn cocktail which I ate when I returned home. Just remembered I have to finish cleaning the bathroom ...

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I like OvenMate once in a while. By far, the easiest way tto do shelves that have been allowed to have "bits" baked on.

I was about to give in and try Koh, when I picked up my first Astonish. I rather like the idea on one product doing so much, which Koh claim, and lots of users corroborate, but for now Astonish has be custom.

I've used Koh but find it limited in use. At least you don't need PPE to use it, but I prefer Ecover to Koh.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Friday - well I paid for my pig out on Grahams Goodnes. Bed 11.3 (and that was it falling) FBG had only dropped to 8.9 then started to rise again. Overall not a good BG day. One positive, grandson cycled to school with a friend and, for the first time in ages, he told me he was fine to go to the other end of the school to his line with his friends. Hopefully, he's growing in confidence again as he's certainly less anxious. I met him at lunchtime (1/2 day) to get his bag and water bottle and he cycled to our house then home after lunch. He's being very responsible too.
B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D. Casseroled chicken drumsticks & thighs in a creamy chicken/mushroom/mustard/tarragon sauce. Just knocked it together. Served with cauliflower rice which I stir fried with spring onion, parsley and mozzarella. 2 squares 95%.

Last week I lost out on DGF because they sold out while I was trying to get payment through. What I hadn't realised was my order was still sitting in my account. I sat from 18.50pm and right on the dot of 19.00 my boxes of No Carrot cake & blueberry & lemon were secured! Paid for and confirmation by 19.01!

Kind of woozy with all the Co-codamol today, but the ache has calmed down meantime. Just having a mug of warm milk.

Despite all her confidence and "independence" Em hasn't mastered the art of riding a bike. Just doesn't seem to have the balance at present. Just like me - I never learned to ride a push bike. The motor bike was fine but just couldn't balance on either push bike or Lambretta.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I always seal in a frying pan or you can blowtorch it. An "on the bone" rib roast I seal in a pan but then give it 30 mins in a hot oven before turning it down to about 180C. It's always worked for me.

It’s the ‘30 mins in a hot oven’ which has been my downfall. I forget to set a timer, then start doing something else.
I have also exploded boiled eggs by putting them in a saucepan to boil and forgetting about them - water boiled dry and eggs carried on heating and finally exploded like little grenades. What a mess! I was just grateful nobody was near enough to get a shrapnel injury. ( I always do them in the IP now, it has a better memory than me)

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They're baked. He made them GF so it saved me making them myself. It's the same with the meatza. If I let him know he'll make sure they are suitable for me as he knows what I can & can't eat now. It's been really useful. When I made them myself I used the butcher's GF pork burgers which were seasoned & herbed. I shaped them (using a little beaten egg) then added mozzarella to mine (butcher used a Mexican cheese which was really nice). Having sealed them, I dusted them in oat fibre, dipped in egg and used my LC crumb mix of almond flour, golden flax, parmesan and sesame seeds. The butcher's was a spicy rub which added to the flavour. I oven baked them at about 170c for about 35/40 mins. I think I air fried them when I made them. They really are very tasty.

They do sound good. I’m waiting to hear back from a local pork butcher to see if there is any cereal/ grains in his pork burgers. I might be tempted to try if they’re ok.

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quiet on here today.

Glorious day walking in the sun with a friend today. Clocked up 16 miles.

Foodwise a TMAD day. Ate breakfast as woke up hungry. Some leftover lamb and chicken from earlier in the week with a blob of sour cream to moisten the chicken.
Dinner - feeling lazy after the walk so ordered Nando’s for delivery. Plain wings (deliberately over ordered so plenty left for a lunch during the week) and 2 portions of their delicious grilled Halloumi.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's rack of lamb here today, and the smell is torturing me.. Won't be long now, I hope. The chef assures my 15 minutes-ish. It's the ish that concerns me.

This afternoon I prepped a huge pile of garlic, which is sealed in bag, ready to go in the sous vide bath later on, for 12 hours.

The result should be fabulous garlic oil, plus I will jar up some of the cloves, in some of the resultant oil, and puree the balance for cooking, or use as a confit.

I foresee the confit spread on toasted crusty bread, although only for MrB.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mystery bug has given my inner voice an excuse to shout "avoid food" - difficult to fight back. B= TWAM (sweetener) lots; Dockey: Almond milk latte wiv sf caramel syrup and Fatt bar butter cookie - that’s an unexpected winner; L= Tea: EM : Burger(s) sandwich (skinnybread) with lower sugar TommyK. Functional.

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with seeds and blueberries
Walk
L: tried a different recipe for lc crackers. This one was almond based with cheese so quite tasty but I made them too thick and they haven't gone crack! Not sure how they will keep. But they are filling. Had some with the last left over from Fridays thai takeaway, a very tangy chicken salad.
D: sort of moussaka made with Bolognaise mince and aubergine, cheese on top. Served with plain cabbage.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Another toothache day, so trying not to chew on anything - lots of tea and a couple of glasses of milk. BG down to 9.7.

Feeling pretty nauseous at present and am just wondering if, because of that, I should avoid food or if it would sort itself out if I do eat something. I have some lamb mince defrosted and should use it today, or it will only be fit for the dustbin (dogs). Don't feel like doing anything complicated - maybe some lamb burgers to put inside some lettuce leaves. Should be easy enough.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Prepared a nice festive dinner yesterday, but I was so tired from spending the day working on the guinea pigs' place to set them up for winter that I really didn't feel like eating a real dinner anymore. I also thought it a waste to eat my pretty food when I really didn't feel like it.
So yesterday was 3 half slices of lc bread with a ridiculous amount of delicious toppings (very mature cheese, ham and stinky Muenster) :)

Today was the prepared peppers I was supposed to eat yesterday, very good!
One with the tuna melt muffin batter and one with a fried mixture of spicy chorizo chunks, onion and more bell pepper. I also put smoked cheese slices on top but I found out they don't melt!
Still, it tasted fine, despite the withered and leathery looks :)

I also bought 10 kilos of cheap carrots for the guinea pigs and bunnies. Put the bag in the kitchen, so now my dogs are munching carrots all the time! :hilarious:

125877603_10222288113186067_8063134936020826076_o.jpg

127140889_10222288116786157_6439209336190766817_o.jpg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Prepared a nice festive dinner yesterday, but I was so tired from spending the day working on the guinea pigs' place to set them up for winter that I really didn't feel like eating a real dinner anymore. I also thought it a waste to eat my pretty food when I really didn't feel like it.
So yesterday was 3 half slices of lc bread with a ridiculous amount of delicious toppings (very mature cheese, ham and stinky Muenster) :)

Today was the prepared peppers I was supposed to eat yesterday, very good!
One with the tuna melt muffin batter and one with a fried mixture of spicy chorizo chunks, onion and more bell pepper. I also put smoked cheese slices on top but I found out they don't melt!
Still, it tasted fine, despite the withered and leathery looks :)

I also bought 10 kilos of cheap carrots for the guinea pigs and bunnies. Put the bag in the kitchen, so now my dogs are munching carrots all the time! :hilarious:

125877603_10222288113186067_8063134936020826076_o.jpg

127140889_10222288116786157_6439209336190766817_o.jpg
As they don’t melt I use smoked cheese slices in hm lasagne instead of pasta and I think it works really well as the smoked cheese dosent melt into the Bologna!

Reactions: MrsA2 and DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Worked 1pm-7pm today

11.30am - 2 large slc rolls (from the freezer not the mouldy ones) one with fried egg and the other filled with smoked back bacon and a little 50% less sugar & salt ketchup on top.

7.30 pm in from work and very hungry so quickly threw together a bowl of cauliflower rice with cooked chicken pieces and a little tikka masala sauce over the top. SF jelly with a little soya cream drizzled over the top

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As they don’t melt I use smoked cheese slices in hm lasagne instead of pasta and I think it works really well as the smoked cheese dosent melt into the Bologna!

Is that true of all smoked cheese? Having an idea!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Made another loaf of lc bread this morning and experimented replacing some of oat fibre with extra seeds and although looks and smells delicious it didn’t rise as much it is definitely heavier so next time will go back to tried and trusted method of last weeks loaf! I always get tempted to experiment a bit but when something works! oH had a crust when bread cooled and says it tastes good though but he did smother it with butter and jam!
Breakfast one each of Waitrose 1 chipolata, slice of bacon and egg with one slice of lc toast (last weeks batch from freezer)
Lunch more of my hm lc seeded crackers with cheese followed by two lc hm truffles (my seed crackers last for about a week in a tin but often disappear before this!)
Dinner steak,stuffed mushrooms and five chips (made from precooked,cooled and frozen new potatoes chopped into chips so about one and a bit new potatoes ) dipped them in some horseradish sauce - yum. Glass of red wine. Pudding one DGF raspberry bakewell with cream. Hardly registered on my bgs - think key thing for me three years after starting eating keto is to experiment more with food I’ve avoided but keep my quantities small. I’m keen to bring a bit more variety into what I eat but retain my healthy bgs.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

That is genius ! Thank you for the suggestion. Do you use those thin round pre-packed slices?

Ah! Just seen a lot of posts afterwards on this subject, no need to reply to mine, Im looking forward to all the possibilities this has opened up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77