What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 , I’ve heard of dad dancing but never Mum typing. B= TWAM (sweetener + inulin) 2.5Ls; Dockey: CWC +caramel syrup - Fatt Bar butter cookie: Lunch: Holy Moly b/fast avo spread on 2 emaciated crusts of skinnybread toast. EM: Oxtail stew/casserole/melange with swede/celeriac/kale ersatz bubble and squeak and roast kale. So, so. Cold and still hungry so had a substantial chunk of cheddar as well. SLC replacement rolls arrived with a week in date. Will eat one tomorrow and freeze or dispose of the rest.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ann, whilst you are absolutely tight that we got the biggest bang for our buck from our Levothyroxine when it is take 30 minutes+ before food or drink, for a few days of antibiotics, I doubt you'd notice if you took them differently.

I take my thyroid meds around 4am, when I naturally rouse (and go back to sleep afterwards), but if I oversleep, I don't delay our first cup of tea.

Thyroxine works on a therapeutic dose, so variations from one day to the next aren't usually noticeable.

Only you can decide how to solve the puzzle, but just thought I'd mention that.

Thanks for that. I usually take my Levothyroxine in the middle of the night - usually wake up between 2.30 and 4 - so it doesn't really impinge on anything else. I intend to take the antibiotics first thing in the morning, with a glass of water, as I did this morning. It seems to have worked allright in terms of timing for today.

Added to today's food - 8 plums, 10 prunes, to try to get my innards working again after several days taking Co-codamol. In a normal person that would be explosive, but then, I'm not normal.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 , I’ve heard of dad dancing but never Mum typing. B= TWAM (sweetener + inulin) 2.5Ls; Dockey: CWC +caramel syrup - Fatt Bar butter cookie: Lunch: Holy Moly b/fast avo spread on 2 emaciated crusts of skinnybread toast. EM: Oxtail stew/casserole/melange with swede/celeriac/kale ersatz bubble and squeak and roast kale. So, so. Cold and still hungry so had a substantial chunk of cheddar as well. SLC replacement rolls arrived with a week in date. Will eat one tomorrow and freeze or dispose of the rest.

Perhaps freeze all but one now, then if they suit, you have extra fresh rolls in the freezer, rather than them being a day older.

If you don't care for the rolls, you'll likely still be able to find the rolls in the freezer to turf them out.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that. I usually take my Levothyroxine in the middle of the night - usually wake up between 2.30 and 4 - so it doesn't really impinge on anything else. I intend to take the antibiotics first thing in the morning, with a glass of water, as I did this morning. It seems to have worked allright in terms of timing for today.

Added to today's food - 8 plums, 10 prunes, to try to get my innards working again after several days taking Co-codamol. In a normal person that would be explosive, but then, I'm not normal.

Gosh, what have they done to your blood glucose?

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Gosh, what have they done to your blood glucose?

I'm not even checking - I have to prioritise the issues and right now I have to do something about my digestive system - already taken 3 maximum doses of laxative over the last three days with absolutely no effect. Plums and prunes are in desperation. They might be having a minor effect.

notepadplusplus

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Whoops. Not posted in this thread for a few days

I actually ate breakfast today. Had an interview for the Civil Service this morning which went pretty well. Funnily enough, a few hours later, I had another phone-call from a well-known online retailer/tech giant ;) so I've got my internship for next summer sorted now, which lifts a lot of stress and will allow me to focus on studies a bit more.

Anyway, enough rambling, here's what I ate today:

B - 3 fried eggs with plenty of butter for good measure
L - 2 sausages, some bacon, cheese and mushroom omelette
D - Pork chops and green beans

I'm looking to make some keto yorkshire puddings next week just to vary things up - maybe a keto toad in the hole?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not even checking - I have to prioritise the issues and right now I have to do something about my digestive system - already taken 3 maximum doses of laxative over the last three days with absolutely no effect. Plums and prunes are in desperation. They might be having a minor effect.

Just checked BG - actually only 8.2 - amazing.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@notepadplusplus congratulations what great news well done and brilliant you can now focus on your studies
@Annb cor all that fruit I dread to think what impact it would have on me.
Breakfast one slice bacon and egg with a couple of mushrooms cooked with bacon and one slice of LC toast
Lunch one Aldi choc and nut bar for a good on the move reason we went for long walk and took flask of coffee with us too
Dinner Chinese chicken with lots of salad followed by DGF raspberry bakewell with cream

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Whoops. Not posted in this thread for a few days

I actually ate breakfast today. Had an interview for the Civil Service this morning which went pretty well. Funnily enough, a few hours later, I had another phone-call from a well-known online retailer/tech giant ;) so I've got my internship for next summer sorted now, which lifts a lot of stress and will allow me to focus on studies a bit more.

Anyway, enough rambling, here's what I ate today:

B - 3 fried eggs with plenty of butter for good measure
L - 2 sausages, some bacon, cheese and mushroom omelette
D - Pork chops and green beans

I'm looking to make some keto yorkshire puddings next week just to vary things up - maybe a keto toad in the hole?

Do let us know how the toad in the hole goes, or even if you don't have the toads, how the Yorkshire puddings go.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and salted caramel phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and some mixed nuts.
Dinner: gammon, cherry tomatoes and cheddar omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I just had for my breakfast this delish dish called Keto Uttapam - its like a salty pancake with no eggs... tasted very good with homemade chilli sauce.
Sounds very good!

Depression is lurking around the corner, but thankfully not here yet. The main problem at the moment is being completely worn out after too much social interaction. The worn out part mainly shows itself by not being able to make choices anymore, which is quite frustrating when it comes to cooking, as it becomes impossible to choose what to eat, and thus very hard to make a meal. (Go to kitchen to get something to eat - become overwhelmed by choices - go back to living room, that kind of thing).
Next stage is feeling ridiculously guilty over things not worth feeling guilty over, very glad I've avoided that part so far!

Today was a very nice day of helping a friend out with making her boyfriend's house safe for her one year old and hanging out with the child at the empty playground while her mother was working on creating a safe sleeping room. I very much enjoyed it, and I'm ridiculously proud of her ability on the slide, as it was the first time she did that and it looks like she's a natural! :hilarious:

So I've narrowed down the choices of my evening meal to low carb bread instead of cooking a proper meal, possibly with some cherry tomatoes as a side. As soon as I've worked out what toppings to have on the bread I'll be ready for dinner :happy:

Tomorrow will be a no social interaction day, so the plan is to cook for multiple days tomorrow. Not sure what yet, but that's alright, most likely my brain will be up to making choices again tomorrow. Friday will be swimming and going to see an afternoon film in an almost empty social distanced theater, so it will be good to have a meal ready when I come home :)

@Antje77 "molten" is if it's still melted.
Thank you so much!
I love stuff like this and I'll likely spend a very enjoyable hour to find out exactly how the word to melt works :happy:
Do you know if there is a difference between UK and American with melted/molten?

Reactions: zauberflote

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday @maglil55

I’m going to look for one of those massager things. Various parts of my legs are often protesting during/after walks and that might help.

TMAD today.

Breakfast was mince fried with onions, 2 eggs and some grated cheese.
Dinner was air fried lamb ribs rubbed with lemon pepper. Yum.

682A31AE-135B-4C5E-9A77-F2A71E91FBB2.jpeg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod recipe for cauliflower cakes
https://www.food.com/recipe/cauliflower-cheese-patties-475572
Son says most important thing is to squeeze the water out the cauliflower, then don't need the amount of breadcrumb suggested in the recipe. He used about two tablespoonsful.

Thanks, Lizzy. I must confess I don't recall asking for it, but it looks interesting anyway.

I'd have to drop the breadcrumbs altogether, due to the gluten, but the egg might hold it together anyway.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod recipe for cauliflower cakes
https://www.food.com/recipe/cauliflower-cheese-patties-475572
Son says most important thing is to squeeze the water out the cauliflower, then don't need the amount of breadcrumb suggested in the recipe. He used about two tablespoonsful.
That sounds very similar to my "caulifower cheeses savoury thingy" where the bread crumbs are replaced with ground almonds but the the whole mix is baked in a loaf tin. I like the idea of separate fried patties though
I use riced cauliflower cooked in the microwave, saves boiling and straining

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Antje77 that "depression lurking round the corner" phrase is a good one. I've been fending it off for a couple of weeks now. Wish mine was from too much social interaction! This second lockdown is getting to me more than the first, longer one. I need real hugs from rela people. Zoom is OK, but not the same!

Missed breakfast and exercise today while trying to sort a problem on the pc
L: pate and brie with cucumber and tomatoes, 1 Yes bar
D: fat head pizza, 2 glasses of wine

Forgot to say had a proper, sugar loaded made with flour, chocolate coated stollen bite last night while watching GBBO. Was only going to have half, but hubby let me have then second half, darn him!!
It wasn't as nice as thought. Easy to stop after the one and bg not too bad. Wish I hadn't though

Edited to add food i forgot

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hopefully I will receive my replacement order soon too - I e-mailed them today to ask when I would likely receive my order so I can plan my meals/food ahead - I got an automatic reply saying they will reply to my e-mail within 2 says - so I won't hold my breath - hopefully will receive it between tomorrow and Saturday or it could be mouldgate again!

Reactions: DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I admit I am also guilty of the exploding boiled eggs trick - I thought it was just me!

5am - 2 hard boiled eggs mashed up in a cup with butter and a mug of earl grey tea to waken me up/get me going for the day

1pm - 2 slices slc bread toasted with corned beef, coleslaw and cheese in the middle.

6pm - Chicken breast with a little piri piri sauce over the top and a large side salad. 2 squares of 90% lindtt dark with a little peanut butter on top and other mug of earl grey