What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...super snotty today and a little cough but temperature is still normal...home test sent off yesterday just checked it's journey it has been received at the testing facility hopefully a result today...my young neighbour (we've had no contact) was excluded from school one og his classmates tested positive...his test came back in 24 hours he is negative in addition the school contacted his mother ti confirm they had made a mistake he had not been near enough to his classmate to need to self isolate...just cracking on with things today...shopping coming between 12-14:00 & it's bin day the excitement never ends...woke to a oops no test done can't be bothered...keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Just had a look outside and we have a light covering of the white stuff all over the grass of the back garden. I guess when one gets over a few hundred feet the fells will be really white.

Got the Octavia serviced and MOTd yesterday which always feels good but came home £400 lighter!

Youngest daughter who has been working from home at York since March says a 37 year old who works in her office has now been on a ventilator with Covid for two weeks.... not good.
A friend from church, 81, now having had Covid for four weeks plus, is making good progress after being on two steroids plus other meds at home.

This virus is the nearest thing to having to play Russian roulette without having an op out clause.

Please stay safe out there.
Have a great friday.
D.

Ps.I dont think I shall be able to resist going out to see the mountains with snow on if they are visible today.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are struggling to their heads round this diabetic conundrum, you are not alone.

A 5.8 on the meter of mystery and misbehaving.

Well I'm watching a programme on Ronnie Scott and his jazz club, now I'm not very keen on jazz, but the programme is very interesting, I have been invited to go there, but I always turn the invite down.

On another note someone has sent me a bag of sprouts, now I know it's nobody on this forum, how they managed to get a bag sprouts during this time of national shortage I shall never know. To them I shall say thank you.

Have a great day all. Irreverence will be back tomorrow.
Hi alf,
We got some sprouts from Lidl yesterday, Marjorie did some last night...their a bit strong!
I reckon one sprout would be equal to one sennakot.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my. Snow is falling all around, pristine roads and paths in this close with twinkling Christmas lights. Hackneyed, kitsch whatever I really don't care. It is absolutely gorgeous and I pray some of those serving their country far from home feel closer to their roots. Talking of which, 88 years ago today it was frosty and people were skating on a small pond in a (then) Huntingdonshire hamlet. My father was born. As Isaiah reminded me this morning it is futile to make graven images.worship that which is man made/not real. That man was everything I needed then some. His remains now lie less than a mile from the place where he began, within a yard of his younger brother, very close to his parents and one set of grandparents plus most of the cast of my childhood. In the Chapel yard that has been the backdrop to almost every important event in my life. Hence why I feel a little like King Lear at times, an O without a shape. (I thought my "job" was to look after the family land until one son took over). The link to yesterday and here and now? Personally, I gained a huge amount. @lindisfel your post made so much sense to me, thank you. @jjraak I also pondered on your post in the night watches and yours earlier @alf_Josiah including PMs. @Krystyna23040 and @Muddy Cyclist the shared cold clarified some things for me - yes Tom, it's not unusual. My fbg showed as 4.8 on Swipey. I accept it is likely neither accurate nor the best my body can do or even where I may need to be to ward off the nasties. Advent, eh? Stuck in the here and now, looking back to That Moment (Numinous Awe) and looking forward to The Glorious Age to come. You guys must be heartily sick of me:angelic: @RFSMarch best wishes and prayers for the journey, blood draw and outcome. @karen8967 good gel with the meme. I'm done for now.

Last edited:

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Better join in here as reckon its due to me the little "reminder" was posted in the other FBG thread :oops:

Anyways its a 6.0 for me, have woken with a really sore throat, my own fault, I spent the majority of yesterday vaping on a dud coil :rolleyes:

Please can everyone keep their fingers, in fact everything crossed that our bathroom is fully finished today, would appreciate it greatly, thanks
xx

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Better join in here as reckon its due to me the little "reminder" was posted in the other FBG thread :oops:

Anyways its a 6.0 for me, have woken with a really sore throat, my own fault, I spent the majority of yesterday vaping on a dud coil :rolleyes:

Please can everyone keep their fingers, in fact everything crossed that our bathroom is fully finished today, would appreciate it greatly, thanks
xx
Good to see you here and prayers for your bathroom completion. You know I know you know about plumbers/builders and time frames.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a distinctly underwater feel to the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of “who let the black forest gateaux out” came it an interesting 6.2 this am - nice cake though.

Oh wonder of wonders - reporters of all persuasions now pushing the latest news from the wet bottom of their doom bags, “is the vaccine safe” - what a bunch of bd%&x2qs”. I shall send them some pile cream disguised as cream cheese and tell them that it’s great on toast.

@Muddy Cyclist - another excellent rendition - crib goch looking like the thrillingly dangerous scramble that it is. I see what you mean about further work - it does look good as is - take care - teeny tiny brush - will you be able to lift?

In the park again yesterday lots of soggy leaves on the ground all turning to lovely mulch so here is a scribble, about 6 inches square. Have a wonderful Friday, never mind the weather - mull over some whine - I’m off for koffy.
upload_2020-12-4_8-43-22.jpeg

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all and welcome to @kaylz91

6.1 for my troubles and who am I to argue with science.

Hopes are high today that the boiler man not only returns but is competent enough to finish the job. We live in hope ;)

I must get around to doing some art, letting the side down and all that. Trouble is my other passion of gaming has taken priority. I also admit to not feeling inspired as my muse was off somewhere else and now can't return due to me being in tier 3 :)

Enjoy the day

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hopes are high today that the boiler man not only returns but is competent enough to finish the job. We live in hope ;)
I'll keep everything crossed for you if you do the same for me! LOL, painter is in the bathroom just now so hopefully we'll be done and dusted by this afternoon! xx

Reactions: jjraak and mojo37

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my. Snow is falling all around, pristine roads and paths in this close with twinkling Christmas lights. Hackneyed, kitsch whatever I really don't care. It is absolutely gorgeous and I pray some of those serving their country far from home feel closer to their roots. Talking of which, 88 years ago today it was frosty and people were skating on a small pond in a (then) Huntingdonshire hamlet. My father was born. As Isaiah reminded me this morning it is futile to make graven images.worship that which is man made/not real. That man was everything I needed then some. His remains now lie less than a mile from the place where he began, within a yard of his younger brother, very close to his parents and one set of grandparents plus most of the cast of my childhood. In the Chapel yard that has been the backdrop to almost every important event in my life. Hence why I feel a little like King Lear at times, an O without a shape. (I thought my "job" was to look after the family land until one son took over). The link to yesterday and here and now? Personally, I gained a huge amount. @lindisfel your post made so much sense to me, thank you. @jjraak I also pondered on your post in the night watches and yours earlier @alf_Josiah including PMs. @Krystyna23040 and @Muddy Cyclist the shared cold clarified some things for me - yes Tom, it's not unusual. My fbg showed as 4.8 on Swipey. I accept it is likely neither accurate nor the best my body can do or even where I may need to be to ward off the nasties. Advent, eh? Stuck in the here and now, looking back to That Moment (Numinous Awe) and looking forward to The Glorious Age to come. You guys must be heartily sick of me:angelic: @RFSMarch best wishes and prayers for the journey, blood draw and outcome. @karen8967 good gel with the meme. I'm done for now.

We sometimes can’t see ahead because our own self gets in the way and mine own eyes are not ‘o th’ best, as it were. Luckily they did spot this. I can’t recommend it yet as it has not been opened but it looks hopeful.

upload_2020-12-4_8-58-54.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We sometimes can’t see ahead because our own self gets in the way and mine own eyes are not ‘o th’ best, as it were. Luckily they did spot this. I can’t recommend it yet as it has not been opened but it looks hopeful.

View attachment 45953
Time to fast track regulatory approval chez @dunelm. Meanwhile, I am being meticulous with reviewing the data on the entry level Speyside - (looks like a similar price point and unlikely to dent the budget- especially for a man of your means:angelic:) Enjoy. My data looks promising but care is needed. Today a piece of Salmon (not the infamous piece of Cod which passeth all understanding) has negotiated away 100% of its rights. Sorry about the Geog exam Gav and Jake and that is down to Waitrose not Brexit.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning so surprisingly liver didn't release loads of glucose in a panic.

Woke at 3am at 3.5 but no hypo symptoms at all which is really unusual. So perhaps my liver and pancreas have realised that 3.5 is normal as I am not on injected insulin and there is absolutely no need to press the panic button.

Horrid weather this morning. I think it will be like it all day.

Reactions: kaylz91

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still stuck in the 8's think that going to be a thing till I get my act together :rolleyes:

Reactions: kaylz91

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning so surprisingly liver didn't release loads of glucose in a panic.

Woke at 3am at 3.5 but no hypo symptoms at all which is really unusual. So perhaps my liver and pancreas have realised that 3.5 is normal as I am not on injected insulin and there is absolutely no need to press the panic button.

Horrid weather this morning. I think it will be like it all day.
These bgs do seem to operate on a Nolens Volens/ N=1 basis. Homeostasis? Every day is a school day they say. I'd be hoping, along with the 2.8k pupils at my last school, for a snowday today. Mayhap bg control is in Tiers or tears?

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak