What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok you Grinch's. Chromecast Christmas pics with carols to our dinky 84 ins TV - removal guys needed brown trousers moving that and builder was a nervous wreck mounting it . Not a bad morning so far.
upload_2020-12-5_10-32-38.png

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
You sure are a tough'un Lizzy. Praying for a good deal on a dry Motorhome for you then a return to wonderful fbgs. BTW, are you still in Norwich? That can't be helping:angelic:
Thank you @ianpspurs we are back in motorhome, Midlands. Have had contact with Son1, in Norwich, who is back at work and sounds much better. Ofc he may just be covering up so as not to worry me.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Saturday and the sun is going to shine here this am.
We must get out into the Lakes this am, I shall have to stop the duchess wanting to write Christmas cards!
Have a good weekend everyone.
D.
Good idea to make the most of the sunshine. Am looking forward to some photos. Have been to the Lake District many times, but not in recent years.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
They do that. Parents are/were even worse. Must be genetic. Skipped a generation with me obviously:angelic:
Agreed. "I'm fine" is standard response from Mum, when she has several health issues. Ofc Dad is fine too. Have not seen either of them for over two weeks now, terrible weather making it more difficult. Almost daily phone calls are not the same.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.10am FBG 6.4.
Once again disturbed night due to torrential rain and leak above bed. MrSlim has arranged for us to view a different motorhome today, (he obviously doesn't appreciate the in bed shower) and after much discussion we have decided it will be impossible to adapt the current layout to suit us better. Out of gas again. Still no spare but at least van temp was up from 6c to 16c.
Bit alarming that the car was making unusual noise when we set out, but seems to have settled down now. Am full of anticipation, despite the odd noise, feels like a day out.
All the best with the motorhome search - extra care investigating shower options

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nigella really is a loathsome creature difficult to like even with headphones on. The faces on it - over enthusiastic about nothing special by the glimpses I endure _- Cherries Jubilee excepted. Stupid boy promised Julie he would not go into another room and watch sport just yet - 40 mins left on timer:arghh:. Still, at least no GBBO or things would be thrown. 4 hrs each way on a plane with that clownshoe Hollywood in the seat behind is very bad for Ian's equilibrium. I'm a Heston and Swoon Sisters guy. Normal service resumed after Christmas card and carols softened me. Phew.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The wonder wheel of a spicy roasted red pepper and tomato soup ladened with crispy lardon croutons came in at 5.2 this am

@gennepher - I do like this Zhang Daqian style landscape - impressive, colourful, detailed - smashing. All the best with the grotto.

Have a wonderful Saturday. One little sketch today on a 9x6 rice paper sample. Koffy consumed but time enough for a refil.

View attachment 45977
I like your idea for soup @dunelm

Thank you for my painting compliment.

Grotto is proceeding well. I have just come in for a warm up...

Love your little sketch which has scale and drama.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yeah maybe I should have had a look but I just put it in the public bin near the bus-stop because I had no inclination to go fishing about in someone else’s garbage.

Oh well - too late now to do anything about it and no-one has come in search of their missing rubbish so ... if it happens again then I might post something in our group WhatsApp to see if anyone else saw it ...
At least you have got rid of it now. So that's good.
But people are not supposed to dump black bin bags into a public bin. No worries as regards you, you were simply putting a stray bin bag in a safe place. But the public bin rubbish collector could possibly take it back to the depot and someone will look through it, and if there are names and addresses in their then that person may get a fine or at the very least, a warning...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.10am FBG 6.4.
Once again disturbed night due to torrential rain and leak above bed. MrSlim has arranged for us to view a different motorhome today, (he obviously doesn't appreciate the in bed shower) and after much discussion we have decided it will be impossible to adapt the current layout to suit us better. Out of gas again. Still no spare but at least van temp was up from 6c to 16c.
Bit alarming that the car was making unusual noise when we set out, but seems to have settled down now. Am full of anticipation, despite the odd noise, feels like a day out.
Hope you now find the perfect motor home @SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hope you now find the perfect motor home @SlimLizzy
Thank you @gennepher. We liked very much the layout of the one we saw today, but the condition was pretty poor. However it had not been prepared for sale and after some negotiations, including a new fridge and a list of about twenty other items, we left a deposit. They will take ours in part exchange too. Which makes it a lot more affordable.
It might even be ready before Christmas.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hoorah! The boiler is fixed :)

Her ladyship informed me that he had replaced virtually everything, a wonderful chap. I did insist that replacing everything was more akin to not knowing what was wrong and hedging his bets. Oh well, I'm not paying for it ;)

Quick (very) social statement sketch for the season.
View attachment 45985
We once had a similar experience with a boiler. Like her ladyship had nearly everything replaced. Eventually the problem was traced to a previous plumber who had mis aligned two pipes and joined them incorrectly, making the water flow the wrong way.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cute , huh? Christmas card from No3 son. Miss RMP - current baby of our brood's brood. The Cosy Coupe is a family tradition. Text says Driving home for Christmas - she may be hijacked by Nan and Granddad.

[
Pv4-g0LOICAFHFEqUI-_J6dmOuqS1JUh06ZUUEM9ehxzUxhmdAWQPp2JgwB9WehV9u5LDwhDyXvIvxPC7h2KuZHvdu85tMVbeJQDE7FrWVUHzTyEHjXMx3ZsC9eoVZ7WGgtkrWV9

Awwwwwwe

Reactions: jjraak

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At least you have got rid of it now. So that's good.
But people are not supposed to dump black bin bags into a public bin. No worries as regards you, you were simply putting a stray bin bag in a safe place. But the public bin rubbish collector could possibly take it back to the depot and someone will look through it, and if there are names and addresses in their then that person may get a fine or at the very least, a warning...

goodness I had no idea. I always used to put my bin-bag in there before traveling so that my neighbours did not have to have to worry about my wheelies!!!!!!!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What I have been working on today as The Grotto...

I was making the Santa today, and the 'chimney'.
And doing The Snowman.
There is a lot more to be added to both of these which I still have to make. Including some strings of bells which should be good at night when the wind blows...by his bedroom window. And a few more CD shiny discs to put up.

I have more or less done what I set out to do for the outside of the bathroom window. I won't bore you any more with these.

And there is more stuff, and a couple more tableaus, but just for the grandchildren because that has individual messages on it. But Mr Insensitive neighbour will not be able to see those where I position them.

J was the one for making grottos. When he came out of the army he went to a design studio at T J Hughes in Liverpool (didn't please his Sea Captain father who thought he ought to get a man's job), and J ended up building their Xmas grottos (pleased his father even less). He loved that job. And at Xmas I, as a 42 year old, got taken to Xmas grottos each year...and J would say how he would have made it better etc etc etc...

D70EC586-8B8C-4A2B-A61E-93BC9898C851.jpeg

Tomorrow, I'll start on the 'wall' between me and Mr Insensitive, to shield my bedroom better from the flashing Xmas. lights. Although the quick temporary stuff I did with the bamboo has worked well so far.

I am tired with being in that bitter cold, toes feel like they have frostbite. I think I need my sheepskin slippers and boots...

Going for a nap. Popeye is already asleep in my bed...

Reactions: mojo37

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, yes harmonious feelings and all is well.

I do like your fern studies and the use of a washed blue background enhances them beautifully.

I have painted Christmas Cards for some 6 years now. The embarrassing thing is friends we give them to frame them and hang them on their walls, a nice gesture but I do find it embarrassing thinking they feel they should rather than they really like them, keeps me on my toes though. :) You should certainly give it ago.

Nice .

Think I'd be inclined to frame one, if hand painted by a friend.

But, I do take your point .

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
goodness I had no idea. I always used to put my bin-bag in there before traveling so that my neighbours did not have to have to worry about my wheelies!!!!!!!
Oops!
Well, you'll be okay as long as there is not a security camera on you, and make sure nothing in your bin bag showing your address etc !!!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Possibly not woke enough these days. Your application to teach off road cycling at Eton won't survive that one.
How did you know? I actually spent a few months training staff and qualifying them for Mountain Bike Leadership at different schools and colleges in Berkshire and London the last being Forest School Epping, interesting and eye opening experience.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hoorah! The boiler is fixed :)

Her ladyship informed me that he had replaced virtually everything, a wonderful chap. I did insist that replacing everything was more akin to not knowing what was wrong and hedging his bets. Oh well, I'm not paying for it ;)

Quick (very) social statement sketch for the season.
View attachment 45985
Winner for heat and water restored. Winner for art and such sadly an accurate observation and statement, but then organised religion does not do a lot to lead in the teachings of Christianity in my opinion.