What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all

Congratulations on your review @Sugarlisa sounds like you have a supportive team
@shelley262 what a pain about your Ocado order. Shocking to deliver so little of an order.
I’ve managed to find an open swimming pool - a bit further away but do-able over the Christmas break. The one nearest me is great because even in cold weather it’s possible to get there and back with minimal clothing. It’s about 40 minutes walk to the other one, but glad to have spotted it’s open.

TMAD again today.

Lunch was beef short rib.
Dinner was 2 pork belly strips coated in chilli oil and air fried. @DJC3 it’s not just the method of cooking. Not all pork belly strips are created equal - today’s were Asda, which are my favourite as they’re chunky and usually quite fatty. Perfect.

Also had a jaunt into town to Hotel Chocolat to top up my Teaolat stocks - very pleased to have got a 10% discount and even more pleased that I emerged from the shop with only tea and 1 pack of 3 85% batons. Enjoyed them thoroughly.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all it’s been a full on day here as for so many of us. BG has been floating around 7 most of the day in protest.
Black coffee until 2:30 when Found myself in Waitrose very hungry. Picked up mortadella and port salut slices and ate most of them.
Dinner was roast chicken, broccoli, carnivore stuffing ( great recipe @Goonergal and well done for your restraint today in HC). Glass of red phew!
Many hugs to @ziggy_w and @Antje77 I hope you both took advantage of your last few hours of relative freedom.
Good for you @Sugarlisa you’re doing so well and I’m glad your diabetes team are appreciative.
@Shellley262 I hope all goes well for you and your family at Christmas and for your mum’s birthday. It sounds like you have taken every precaution you can so I hope you can celebrate in style.
@DCUKMod chilli Sherry? I never would have thought of that but what a great idea.
@ianpspurs 3 cold sprouts? No wonder you hate this WOE

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all it’s been a full on day here as for so many of us. BG has been floating around 7 most of the day in protest.
Black coffee until 2:30 when Found myself in Waitrose very hungry. Picked up mortadella and port salut slices and ate most of them.
Dinner was roast chicken, broccoli, carnivore stuffing ( great recipe @Goonergal and well done for your restraint today in HC). Glass of red phew!
Many hugs to @ziggy_w and @Antje77 I hope you both took advantage of your last few hours of relative freedom.
Good for you @Sugarlisa you’re doing so well and I’m glad your diabetes team are appreciative.
@Shellley262 I hope all goes well for you and your family at Christmas and for your mum’s birthday. It sounds like you have taken every precaution you can so I hope you can celebrate in style.
@DCUKMod chilli Sherry? I never would have thought of that but what a great idea.
You forgot the 10 gms cold Kale and the obligatory stuffed:angelic:

Reactions: DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast two boiled eggs and buttered hm lc bread
No lunch too hectic
Dinner Cajun chicken with salads followed by DGF peanut butter brownie with cream.
@Sugarlisa well done on weight loss.
@DJC3 that beef looks amazing
@Goonergal pleased your delivery good mine today from Ocado was a disaster I had to sort out a refund of 78 quid that’s how much was missing basically nearly all my shopping ! Plus they delivered several bags of someone elses shopping and yes you’ve guessed it it was all stuff I choose not to eat such as low fat yoghurt, bread, low fat cheese and spread,grapes,blueberries, bananas etc. Customer services suggested I found a home for it so ended up giving stuff to neighbours as all fresh stuff so not suitable for food bank! However I kept back a pack of quails eggs I’ve never tried them so will do. I’m away for a few days this week so couldn’t rearrange the delivery. Best laid plans!
You would need the patience of a saint for that - how disappointing for you and a waste of your time

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
11am - 2 slc rolls one with fried egg and the other with 3 slices bacon and a little 50% less salt & sugar ketchup and mug of earl grey (I was being a bit rebelious with the bacon & eggs as I was just back from doctors having bloods taken again to see if my cholesterol has came back down to where it was before since cutting out the cream/cutting down on the fatty foods. I don't know if 3 months will be enough time actually - time will tell ...

8pm after work - couldn't be bothered cooking so 2 slices slc bread toasted and filled with cheese & chive cheddar, 2 pickled eggs and 2 squares 90% dark lindtt with mug of earl grey

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
18st 6lb last week this week 18st 2lb
Breakfast was yogurt and blackberries with green tea and water
Omelette with cheese and spinach for lunch with sugar free squash

Tea was pasta bake made with wholemeal pasta and garlic bread for the boys of the house tonight
Well done on the weight loss @Sugarlisa! I have lost over 5 stone in weight ... just today I was speaking to someone who at first didn't recognise me as she hadn't seen me in a while and then said - you have lost a lot of weight and I was like yes probably over 5 stone since the last time you seen me - she hadn't changed she just looked older.

Reactions: maglil55

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
A bit behind but mostly been eating eggs with sourdough for breakfast the sourdough only has 6grams carbs and yesterday Breakfast was sourdough with st dalfour jam that only has 2.96g carbs made using berries and grapejuice and pectin no added sugar.
Breakfast today scrambled eggs with sourdough toast butter and coffee

Lunch dinner has been home made rissoles with vegetables and gravy my sister made dinner at my mums place

I brought myself a breville smart oven air fryer on the weekend and ask why has it taken me this long to get one! I've made a few things in it baked eggs with tomato sauce, cooked bacon in it, Air fried some chicken wings and chips and yesterday made an apple pear pie not low carb but needed to use up the fruit. I think I be using this in place of my oven

Today I'm planing to cook a lamb shank for dinner with cauliflower and vegetables

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A bit behind but mostly been eating eggs with sourdough for breakfast the sourdough only has 6grams carbs and yesterday Breakfast was sourdough with st dalfour jam that only has 2.96g carbs made using berries and grapejuice and pectin no added sugar.
Breakfast today scrambled eggs with sourdough toast butter and coffee

Lunch dinner has been home made rissoles with vegetables and gravy my sister made dinner at my mums place

I brought myself a breville smart oven air fryer on the weekend and ask why has it taken me this long to get one! I've made a few things in it baked eggs with tomato sauce, cooked bacon in it, Air fried some chicken wings and chips and yesterday made an apple pear pie not low carb but needed to use up the fruit. I think I be using this in place of my oven

Today I'm planing to cook a lamb shank for dinner with cauliflower and vegetables

Air fried chicken wings were a revelation for me. I never liked them before, now I love them.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Used the last day before lockdown to do some Xmas shopping.
@Sugarlisa -- Wonderful that you have your healthcare team on board.

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Flatbread (DD keto roll recipe) with mayonnaise, sauerkraut and brisket in barbecue sauce.

Dinner: A piece of cheese, turkey salami, chicken liver pate, half a slice of the Aldi protein bread with mayonnaise and one cherry tomato. Red wine.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

DJC3, our chilli sherry has, to date, been a slow-time version of just a Fino Sherry (in this case Sainsbury's own, but many, many others exist), with a couple of handfuls of whole dried chillies, of a pack of dried chilli flakes.

The whole dried chillies are home grown, but the flakes were grown and processed in a far-flung land.

Take out a tot to make room for the chillies, reseal the cap and put into a dark cupboard and forget about it for a while. The liquid level will go down a tiny bit, as the chillies take on board the sherry.

Ours is now dark brown, and has been topped up several times with Fino, having left the chillies in the bottle, whilst in use.

Next time we start afresh, I'll start it either in the soda splash or water bath, just tot take out some time, but positive the water bath would really get it moving.

Recommended uses: sparking up a soup, warming up a casserole or such like, and the piece de resistance is making a Bovril drink and adding a splash. In this hose, that is Navy Bovril. It could have potential to be addictive.

Reactions: MrsA2 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All pale into insignificance in the face of 3 cold sprouts, that is taking masochism to the extreme.
Actually, cold sprouts is quite a family favourite, well amongst the males, so more a treat than masochism. Now, Mpntezumas would have been a horror show. Chicken wings? More effort to find the meat than nourishment in my experience. SLC rolls arrived early via amazon carrier with a 1 day shelf life and one was already mouldy. 7 in the freezer and email to them. Seriously Lousy Company would be more apt.from my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
DJC3, our chilli sherry has, to date, been a slow-time version of just a Fino Sherry (in this case Sainsbury's own, but many, many others exist), with a couple of handfuls of whole dried chillies, of a pack of dried chilli flakes.

The whole dried chillies are home grown, but the flakes were grown and processed in a far-flung land.

Take out a tot to make room for the chillies, reseal the cap and put into a dark cupboard and forget about it for a while. The liquid level will go down a tiny bit, as the chillies take on board the sherry.

Ours is now dark brown, and has been topped up several times with Fino, having left the chillies in the bottle, whilst in use.

Next time we start afresh, I'll start it either in the soda splash or water bath, just tot take out some time, but positive the water bath would really get it moving.

Recommended uses: sparking up a soup, warming up a casserole or such like, and the piece de resistance is making a Bovril drink and adding a splash. In this hose, that is Navy Bovril. It could have potential to be addictive.

I love the sound of Navy Bovril. I’ve had a bottle of dry Sherry in the cupboard for years so I’ll convert it into chilli Sherry and watch it up its game.
My collection of infused spirits are nearly ready for wrapping as Christmas presents now. Just a couple of pretty labels to do.
IMG_1608110734.612046.jpg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice little bottles @DJC3 Where did they come from?

I’m so glad you’re having fund with your magic wand.

JFWinstone

Actually, cold sprouts is quite a family favourite, well amongst the males so more a treat than masochism. Now, Mpntezumas would have been a horror show. Chicken wings? More effort to find the meat than nourishment in my experience. SLC rolls arrived early via amazon carrier with a 1 day shelf life and one was already mouldy. 7 in the freezer and email to them. Seriously Lousy Company would be more apt.from my experience.

I've got some SLC rolls and bread coming in the post will see how that goes, it's arrived at the local sorting office according to RM so should get here tomorrow. Ordered directly from their website late Sunday evening.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got some SLC rolls and bread coming in the post will see how that goes, it's arrived at the local sorting office according to RM so should get here tomorrow. Ordered directly from their website late Sunday evening.
Turns out these were last week's order which now magically arrived. Replacement order are with Post Office, somewhere, somehow, someday.

Reactions: Sugarlisa

Sugarlisa

Yogurt and blackberries with a herbal tea for breakfast
Cheese and spinach omelette with a rocket salad with a sugar free squash for lunch
Homemade stew in slow cooker been cooking from yesterday just through some new potatoes for the boys and need throw some dumplings in for them too so I probably have a sugar free flavoured water with it

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice little bottles @DJC3 Where did they come from?

I’m so glad you’re having fund with your magic wand.

Short stubby ones from Lakeland. They make pretty vases too. The tall vodka one is just the original supermarket brand 1/2 bottle vodka - poured into vac bag for magic to happen then decanted back in.
I’m thoroughly enjoying it!

Reactions: ziggy_w

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Short stubby ones from Lakeland. They make pretty vases too. The tall vodka one is just the original supermarket brand 1/2 bottle vodka - poured into vac bag for magic to happen then decanted back in.
I’m thoroughly enjoying it!

I must have a look in Lakeland. Yes, I collected a few supermarket own brand half bottles, when experimenting, in order that the mini-batches weren't getting "lost" in large containers.