What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That is great @Krystyna23040
Congratulations

t2035.gif
Thank you @gennepher

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fabulous news Krystyna
Thank you. It cheered me up no end. I had been focussing on the fact that I was failing because I still needed the eye injections but hadn't taken into account the fact that instead of needing them regularly I was only needed them rarely because of keeping blood sugars low.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon...it's been a challenging week relieved it's over (well nearly over) somehow I tweaked my back getting out of bed last week & it's been a nightmare since then...I had to cancel 2 appointments at the anti-coagulant clinic I wasn't sure I would be able to get out of it once I'd got there...I'm a little more active today and managed to get to my appointment & the chemist lots of deep heat purchased including one identical to a roll on deodorant excellent you can use it without getting it all over the place...I haven't done my FBG for a week pointless I know it will be sky high with the extra stress & pain my INR levels are...I am a little more mobile today as long as I walk slowly like Anne Widdicombe does slightly sideways...all prepared for Christmas food delivery tomorrow...keep safe everyone
Ouch - that sounds really painful. Hope it settles down soon. The roll on Deep Heat sounds a really good way to apply it.

Reactions: HarryBeau

lindisfel

Expert
They keep saying the new variant Covid is no worse than the old variant and probably just as susceptable to the vaccine....we hope so.
But it is 1.7x as transmissible and probably kills just as many who get it, is not reassuring since it will kill 1.7x as many people who were affected by the old version of the virus.
D.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Ouch - that sounds really painful. Hope it settles down soon. The roll on Deep Heat sounds a really good way to apply it.
Deep heat really burns especially if your partner has sprayed half a can on before getting into bed. mind you she did not stay in bed that long as she spent half the night in a bath of cool water trying to take the stinging away.

Warning do not cuddle up to someone who has covered them selves in deep heat it can be dangerous.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 this morning

spent a good bit of the day shortening a door curtain for mum today ;) mr gee washed the car and we got a walk round the village so, all in all, a quiet day :)

Hope your day treats you as kindly as you could wish :)

@jjraak - hugs for the pain and inconvenience, hope you get your second opinion and things settle down soon.

@gennepher - what a lovely card, I like the sheep and the colours you chose for the wash really work well, thank you for your friendly greetings :)

@dunelm - I love the way you have with rocks :) very effective, weighty landscape today with an interesting back story :)

@JFWinstone - hugs, hope the pain abates quickly and allows you some restful sleep.

@lindisfel - splendid boat, a bit bigger than those we have here which are mainly small creel fishing boats for crabs/lobster/prawn. I like the reflections :)

@Krystyna23040 - congratulations for the eye results! :joyful:

@HarryBeau - Stinky ointment as a social distancing tactic :hilarious: it would be better if you didn't need it though so I hope your back improves quickly.
Say Hi to AA for me too ;)

Art bit -
saw a youtube video of someone painting 'easy' 5 minute watercolour robins, well, they looked easy :hilarious:

upload_2020-12-21_22-31-14.jpeg

and in keeping with the festive theme ;)
upload_2020-12-21_22-29-44.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Today I had a phone appointment with one of the doctors at the GP's surgery, as I have a lump on the back of my hand a photo of which I sent her on a link she supplied it seems it is as I thought a cyst it is getting quite painful and inflamed, she said because of it's position she cannot remove it at the surgery as it will require the attention of a hand surgeon but that is not likely to happen any time soon due to the present situation and said just keep it covered till it can be removed safely oh well never mind.

Grandson has taken his Nan down to Asda I wonder what if anything they will come back with as long as it's not the Covid virus I don't mind.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

4.4 this morning

spent a good bit of the day shortening a door curtain for mum today ;) mr gee washed the car and we got a walk round the village so, all in all, a quiet day :)

@jjraak - hugs for the pain and inconvenience, hope you get your second opinion and things settle down soon.

@gennepher - what a lovely card, I like the sheep and the colours you chose for the wash really work well, thank you for your friendly greetings :)

@dunelm - I love the way you have with rocks :) very effective, weighty landscape today with an interesting back story :)

@JFWinstone - hugs, hope the pain abates quickly and allows you some restful sleep.

@lindisfel - splendid boat, a bit bigger than those we have here which are mainly small creel fishing boats for crabs/lobster/prawn. I like the reflections :)

@HarryBeau - Stinky ointment as a social distancing tactic :hilarious: it would be better if you didn't need it though so I hope your back improves quickly.

Art bit -
saw a youtube video of someone painting 'easy' 5 minute watercolour robins, well, they looked easy :hilarious:

View attachment 46376

View attachment 46375

I love the bauble it's exquisite wish I could hang it on my tree. :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Deep heat really burns especially if your partner has sprayed half a can on before getting into bed. mind you she did not stay in bed that long as she spent half the night in a bath of cool water trying to take the stinging away.

Warning do not cuddle up to someone who has covered them selves in deep heat it can be dangerous.
Thank you for that warning. Overdoing the deep heat sounds like it can be quite painful. I wonder if your partner no longer felt the original pain - just the burning of the deep heat.

I did something similar in my twenties. I had a headache and accidentally broke my toe. The headache seemed to immediately go away to be replaced by quite a lot of pain in my toe. I must admit that I wouldn't recommend it as a cure for a headache.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I had a phone appointment with one of the doctors at the GP's surgery, as I have a lump on the back of my hand a photo of which I sent her on a link she supplied it seems it is as I thought a cyst it is getting quite painful and inflamed, she said because of it's position she cannot remove it at the surgery as it will require the attention of a hand surgeon but that is not likely to happen any time soon due to the present situation and said just keep it covered till it can be removed safely oh well never mind.
That is really not very good news, especially as it is getting painful and inflamed.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hug for you. I'm not bothered too much by that but salad, avos, olive oil shortages would cause me problems. We have 2 freezers full of various things I really don't want much. Mackerel and avo salad is where I'm at in this journey just now. 5 litres each of EVO and ACV incoming - just need salad routes to stay open. Or me to like some of the food in the freezers. Good luck with finding cauli and broc. Markets? Frozen?

Lidl currently selling Bang Bang Cauliflwet in the freezer section. If that appeals to you.
I like it very much, Chuck it on a baking tray and 25- 30 mins later crispy, tasty base to plonk anything you fancy on.
It's spicy, but not really hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: gennepher

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 this morning

Art bit -

View attachment 46376

View attachment 46375
Nice bauble and quick Robins ain't bad either.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Grandson has taken his Nan down to Asda I wonder what if anything they will come back with as long as it's not the Covid virus I don't mind.
Not good news about your cyst. My wife had one on her shoulder blade a few weeks ago that got infected, sent picture to doc and he gave her antibiotics which sorted it out. Kath asked if it could be removed and he said no not in present situation, however the one Kath's got on the scalp which is not infected can be removed so appointment made for removal but not in a hospital, have no idea what the criteria is they are useing.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They keep saying the new variant Covid is no worse than the old variant and probably just as susceptable to the vaccine....we hope so.
But it is 1.7x as transmissible and probably kills just as many who get it, is not reassuring since it will kill 1.7x as many people who were affected by the old version of the virus.
D.
It's all becoming very worrying, then add Brexit and it looks even bleaker. I'm sure we will come through it or learn to live with it but not without some considerable pain. I look to nature and see some hope for the world, it helps me find peace of mind for awhile.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Art bit -

View attachment 46376

View attachment 46375

Thank you for the painting compliment @geefull
:)

I saw that same ‘easy’ 5 minutes robin painting video...and I thought nah, no way would mine ever come out as good as that...

I love the bauble! It is gorgeous!

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
D.

All we can do is do is all the protection that has kept us safe so far, and not read all this news too much. But the Covid news reports attacks us from all angles, and I don’t have a tv, nor radio because I cannot hear it, yet all this fear type news sneaks into my email boxes, or by the mobile phone news alerts, or by ‘well meaning’ friends on the chat apps. Or my friends abroad, especially one American one who sends me the latest New York Times articles on this dangerous variant in the U.K....it’s one way of getting to read the rest of the New York Times for free...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not good news about your cyst. My wife had one on her shoulder blade a few weeks ago that got infected, sent picture to doc and he gave her antibiotics which sorted it out. Kath asked if it could be removed and he said no not in present situation, however the one Kath's got on the scalp which is not infected can be removed so appointment made for removal but not in a hospital, have no idea what the criteria is they are useing.

Very worrying all this uncertainty. We can do without extra health issues
upload_2020-12-22_5-21-37.gif

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.
Need to get outside for a beach walk today, to get my mind off the news. Very breezy, so will have to wrap up warm.
FBG 7.5 just now.
Wonder if my salad goods will be in my Sainsbury's C&C this morning.