What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings, seasonal or just ordinary. 4.4 on Swipey at 5.45 am. Of the two I trust the time. I may have been wandering into a laddish vein of late so rein yourself in mate. Congratulations on the MOT @geefull, the walk and art @Muddy Cyclist , the coffee and whisky @dunelm, healing slowly @jjraak, the lion @gennepher . Turkey collection and trying to give a 90.9 yo MIL a safe Christmas whilst protecting one and all today - 1 yo granddaughter with ear infection also here today. All tier 2 and as COVID aware as we can be . Cognitive dissonance - very aware this isn't yet the Glorious Age to come but December is a very difficult month for MIL - daughter and brother died, widowed 40+ yrs so isolation not a good option.
Update: Tier 4 from Boxing Day - apparently COVID will isolate for 2 days

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Grrr wide awake at 5am. Swipey was painful and came in twice at 3.9 before an hour's doze and finally settled on 6.4 ➡️
No workout today... just about on top of getting things sorted on Britwatch (keep clicking people, and thanks to those going through on our Top Stories and clicking on articles - the tokens are going up each day and in just a couple of weeks we are close to what the guy made all summer without us promoting it).

Will make sure I do the C25K variant on the spinbike tomorrow so that at least I can move onto the next week.
Knee has been more grindy than a grinding thing so... the office will have the wonderful whiff of osteoflex ... mmm!

I need to try and come at both my sites as a full time job. I tend to potter about and do bits here and there as part of the overall admin of the sites but ... my portfolio is my window to the skills I have developed from IT to Journalism... and Britwatch is still my passion... So apart from a call on Monday with the guy from the curation site to HOPEFULLY give me admin access so I don't have to wait for them to approve the articles before I can push them on social, on Tuesday I need to come at both sites with more of a structure. I have no idea what that structure should be. How did I ever manage to get to be a fully grown ... well... 5' 2 1/2" ... adult being so indecisive... I am really not so sure.....
@RFSMarch You are doing well!

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am really hoping that Norfolk will soon be in Tier 3 or 4 because it will help to slow down the upward spiral in cases which are beginning to spin out of control.

If course it is really sad that so many livelihoods are being ruined by the lockdowns but it seems it is the only way to stay safe until more people have been vaccinated.
I've PMd an opinion. Happy to share with selected others. Also happy to share Advent to Epiphany poems via PM.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
Have an excellent day and stay safe.

Saw the doctor yesterday, most of our doctors are lady doctors not like yesteryear when it was a rarity! My eldest laughs at me because like me, she has a good memory and remembers when she was young and I thought it something for an unregenerated male, like me, to see a female dentist.
Anyway the doctor who was very thorough and excellent wants me to get some Xrays, physio, and bloods done... bloods this am.
The physio and Xrays will have to wait until this wave subsides. I intend to do my own physio with step ups on a 9" step behind the house.
Oh and I have my first Covid vaccination at 13.30. Eldest as a gp, had her's yesterday down in Merseyside although she's had covid, as have half her fellow medics.
They are out in the thick of it and can't run away.
D.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

Saw the doctor yesterday, most of our doctors are lady doctors not like yesteryear when it was a rarity! My eldest laughs at me because like me, she has a good memory and remembers when she was young and I thought it something for an unregenerated male, like me, to see a female dentist.
Anyway the doctor who was very thorough and excellent wants me to get some Xrays, physio, and bloods done... bloods this am.
The physio and Xrays will have to wait until this wave subsides. I intend to do my own physio with step ups on a 9" step behind the house.
Oh and I have my first Covid vaccination at 13.30. Eldest as a gp, had her's yesterday down in Merseyside although she's had covid, as have half her fellow medics.
D.
Gave a like as that was a rational well balanced post but pondered a hug as x-rays, bloods and physio aren't for finger ache. Good news on vaccination. 90.99 yo MIL has heard nothing. Take care and best wishes to you and The Duchess.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. We overslept so I think DP kicked in a bit.

A really muddy dog walk this morning. Everywhere is so waterlogged. This morning will do some reading and a game of Suduko and hopefully will be motivated to do some admin this afternoon.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

D.
That list of electronic prodding and the blood letting is a bit poo but good luck with the home made physio - do it Army style - check pulse, 1 minute step ups - then check pulse and time recovery - spectators at a safe distance and tickets on sale by the front gate.
Good news ref the vaccine - and yes, all staff in hospitals and surgeries are having a tough time.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a dripping start to the day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of mince and tatties (cauliflower style) came in at 5.3 this am

Koffy - got two bags of strength 4 Italian yesterday - went to place in pantry only to find that Mrs Miggins had done exactly the same. - result.
Coffey - Nikka Coffey grain whisky (continuous still named after Aeneas Coffey) - so not containing koffy. Might get opened tonight.

Todays picture, another bit of festive zen around the zen circle (enso) on a scrap of gold flecked rice paper. Hope everyone has a pleasant day. Here is a Christmas song from one of my brothers and his band; https://markhorse.bandcamp.com/track/happy-christmas-songs. Koffy time (not Coffey time).

View attachment 46399
Great Christmas Drawing works well on the gold flecks, some nice lines you have put down, a fine piece of art.

Re music.. I see the like of hats runs in your family. :)