What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post my picture - bonkers
upload_2020-12-22_11-52-24.jpeg

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just got back from the local shops...

The Polish shop was full of English/Welsh people trying to work out the Polish/Russian/East European languages on the unidentifiable goods in there, and looking totally bewildered. Me, I can read coffee, coffee bags (the coffee bags are great), meats, cheeses, sheep's yoghurt, kefir, and much more (they picked up a kefir when I did, and I am pretty sure they thought it was milk...oh well). And I just breeze in (okay on a Zimmer frame thing), and I am at the till while they are still looking and glowering at me. You shouldn't follow what I do or you will end up down that rabbit hole, or lost on a country lane (because I am lost too, but drive confidently when leaving a gridlocked traffic queue, to escape up a narrow country lane means you get all these motorists following me, and me laughing my head off).

Dear old Mark, our First Minister of Wales announced this sudden level 4 lockdown Saturday afternoon, to start at midnight, saying all retail that was not essential had to shut, and beauty salons etc etc had to close. In other words just food can be sold. And that Christmas was virtually cancelled.

I had a wee drive up the main High Street here to see what was shut out of interest...

Apart from the charity shops which were closed, everything else was open - carpet shops, hardware shops, the bits of everything under the sun shops, beauty salons open, barbershops open, you name it and it was open and trading. Even the private gym was open, and also another certain oriental massage establishment...
Suprised that all those shops are open it's certainly not the case here

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
and how individual we all are.

while it bothers me, the idea of NOT knowing what's going on, bothers me a whole lot more.
(yes we don't get the complete truth and we do as i do have to aggregate the news and decipher what's true & trustworthy and what's not)

Got to know where the fires are if you want to avoid them, imho.

and i learned so much of how to protect myself and those i love that bit better, since reading up.

But hey, horses for courses..as always.

have a good un.:)

I do read/watch You Tube, but what I choose to read and investigate on Covid-19, and discuss with a few friends. It has been a progression of my knowledge on it since January/February. But I don’t listen to mindless radio news all day (because I cannot hear it). And I have no TV either (because it causes visual migraines to watch that screen), so, I don’t have constant Covid news on that.

I had an hour and a half discussion with someone on Sunday on Skype with captions, from the other side of the world. So, an interchange of ideas and knowledge and research papers on Covid from there.

A German friend emailed me this morning, and we are talking later today (via chat app), about the relations between U.K. and the E.U. and the farcical nature of that.

I know, and have learnt as much as I can take in and absorb on both Covid and Brexit.

Various You Tube videos I keep up with, John Campbell (I have watched him since just about the beginning) and some others. But I don’t do any evening nor night time viewings of those ( if they crop up they get bookmarked for the next day).

It is the best I can do to protect myself, and my family.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bit down yesterday and not quite there yet so not really caught up - lovely angels and baubles though from @gennepher and @geefull spotted.

How to encourage the spread - have an open air Santa stall in the park situated at the boat shed and cafe - queues as far as the eye could see - turned round and came home.

Good days..bad days.
Hug for the down...hope it passes soon.

And *** is WRONG with people

Tier 4 being distributed to all corners of the UK as we speak

And we have a SANTA FEST with queues to match going on....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bow of the Titanic:

"Iceberg, Captain.".

"What ?"

"Iceberg Captain, dead ahead."

Oohh, good show.G & T's all round..
anybody want ice with that.
Chappie in crows nest spotted loads. ..

:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::woot::woot::woot:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot to post my picture - bonkers
View attachment 46380
I was wondering where your picture was!
I’ve done that too a few times :)

You are making me so much want to get back to real painting! But this place is a mess, the Tardis must have done a double somersault in the night and everything needs to find a home again...(that is my excuse!)...and gardening calls too...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Suprised that all those shops are open it's certainly not the case here

I was quite shocked to see all that open.
I didn’t spend long down there.

I had to google to check old Mark hadn’t rescinded that lockdown directive when I got home.
Mask wearing seems to have gone by the board quite a bit as well. That shocked me too.

So the High Street here is probably best avoided.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do read/watch You Tube, but what I choose to read and investigate on Covid-19, and discuss with a few friends. It has been a progression of my knowledge on it since January/February. But I don’t listen to mindless radio news all day (because I cannot hear it). And I have no TV either (because it causes visual migraines to watch that screen), so, I don’t have constant Covid news on that.

I had an hour and a half discussion with someone on Sunday on Skype with captions, from the other side of the world. So, an interchange of ideas and knowledge and research papers on Covid from there.

A German friend emailed me this morning, and we are talking later today (via chat app), about the relations between U.K. and the E.U. and the farcical nature of that.

I know, and have learnt as much as I can take in and absorb on both Covid and Brexit.

Various You Tube videos I keep up with, John Campbell (I have watched him since just about the beginning) and some others. But I don’t do any evening nor night time viewings of those ( if they crop up they get bookmarked for the next day).

It is the best I can do to protect myself, and my family.

Sorry..I meant no offence

I do know most on here take note of what's going on, at the least to protect themselves etc.

It just was my take on things
For most stuff I'm on the less IS more side

My INFO Scale:
Nothing.
A tiny bit
A little bit
A good bit
A large dollop
more then most could handle
The motherload.

But for ME....that motherload is where it's at.
Others choose differently, obviously.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry..I meant no offence

I do know most on here take note of what's going on, at the least to protect themselves etc.

It just was my take on things
For most stuff I'm on the less IS more side

My INFO Scale:
Nothing.
A tiny bit
A little bit
A good bit
A large dollop
more then most could handle
The motherload.

But for ME....that motherload is where it's at.
Others choose differently, obviously.

None taken @jjraak

I am just wary of the overload of all this, because we not only have Covid, we have Brexit too. If I get overloaded with all this then that negative fear factor creeps in. And the negative voice in my head goes round and round and builds up and has a tea party...
So I have to watch for that now, and ban that tea party...

I want to protect myself in every way possible...hence The Sunflower Kid...

There is a big dissonance in this area at the moment in the protection taken against Covid. I find that more than a wee bit scary on several levels.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would have quite liked a prescription for an antibiotic but doctors are hesitant to prescribe them for me.

" Acetylcholine crosses the junction and attaches to a receptor site on the muscle, depolarizing the muscle and allowing it to contract. In patients with MG, the number of receptor sites is reduced, preventing proper contraction and resulting in generalized muscle weakness. The addition of certain antibiotics can further hinder neuromuscular transmission and create life-threatening consequences."

So doctors just tend not to give me antibiotics as they are often unsure of the consequences one reason I have to avoid infections of any kind.
That's is a terrible situation for you, take care, keep safe.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was quite shocked to see all that open.
I didn’t spend long down there.

I had to google to check old Mark hadn’t rescinded that lockdown directive when I got home.
Mask wearing seems to have gone by the board quite a bit as well. That shocked me too.

So the High Street here is probably best avoided.
wow I'm shocked too we are back in lock down here and all wearing masks well the majority are

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
wow I'm shocked too we are back in lock down here and all wearing masks well the majority are
I despair.
I am keeping well out of the way until the New Year unless there is something I urgently need.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well! I have learnt a new word today...pirla. It's an Italian word. An Italian friend just told me that is what they would call that person who sent me the "WE'VE HAD COVID!" Christmas card. It is a word that would cause you problems to use on this thread (or any thread).
So pirla to the person who send me that stupid card.

It's up to you if you want to go down that rabbit hole and find out the English version of that word....

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well! I have learnt a new word today...pirla. It's an Italian word. An Italian friend just told me that is what they would call that person who sent me the "WE'VE HAD COVID!" Christmas card. It is a word that would cause you problems to use on this thread (or any thread).
So pirla to the person who send me that stupid card.

It's up to you if you want to go down that rabbit hole and find out the English version of that word....
Yes, idiot but there is of course Richard cranium

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been a long walk with my two kids and three granddaughters along the river Dove close to my sons cottage, wonderful to see them all. Then sat outside VW camper van with coffee until sun set. Got some ideas for some watercolour paintings from low sun, river in flood and old Willows...
IMG_4276.JPG IMG_4277.JPG IMG_4278.JPG

I have not posted any art for a few days but have been doing lots, illustrating my story for youngest grandaughter, here is the final page as Time walks off promising never to stop again......
IMG_4275.JPG

All finished, phew!

Reactions: karen8967