What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been a long walk with my two kids and three granddaughters along the river Dove close to my sons cottage, wonderful to see them all. Then sat outside VW camper van with coffee until sun set. Got some ideas for some watercolour paintings from low sun, river in flood and old Willows...
View attachment 46383 View attachment 46384 View attachment 46385

I have not posted any art for a few days but have been doing lots, illustrating my story for youngest grandaughter, here is the final page as Time walks off promising never to stop again......
View attachment 46382
All finished, phew!
Brilliant!
I am glad you showed us some of these @Muddy Cyclist

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
well in a case of bad news being good news.

we'll all be in tier 4 next week if not sooner,
I am really hoping that Norfolk will soon be in Tier 3 or 4 because it will help to slow down the upward spiral in cases which are beginning to spin out of control.

If course it is really sad that so many livelihoods are being ruined by the lockdowns but it seems it is the only way to stay safe until more people have been vaccinated.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would have quite liked a prescription for an antibiotic but doctors are hesitant to prescribe them for me.

" Acetylcholine crosses the junction and attaches to a receptor site on the muscle, depolarizing the muscle and allowing it to contract. In patients with MG, the number of receptor sites is reduced, preventing proper contraction and resulting in generalized muscle weakness. The addition of certain antibiotics can further hinder neuromuscular transmission and create life-threatening consequences."

So doctors just tend not to give me antibiotics as they are often unsure of the consequences one reason I have to avoid infections of any kind.
That is a nightmare. I can see why your doctors are wary of prescribing you antibiotics.

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
I hear someone in Norfolk got a length of hedge nicked. People have nicked plants off my dry sandstone wall near the road, but nicking a hedge its passed a joke.

Oh and the house next to us got their double wooden gate taken with a farmwatch scheme notice on it! The cheek of it!
I got my hinges put on, one up pin and one down pin, they can't lift them off then. Otherwise with hinge pins orientated in the same direction....drill the hinge pins and drive a taper pin in.

Oh the pleasures of a bucolic lifestyle! :);)

Reactions: Krystyna23040

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

picked up mum's shopping list ready for shopping tomorrow :) stock levels to be determined ;)

We took our elderly volvo in for MOT today, the engine management light was on so we were filled with trepidation about the potential bill/decision not to fix it :sorry: Seems it wasn't the ECR brain module or the diesel particulate filter, either of which would have been cause for some of those big sweary words;)

The exhaust gas valve needed cleaning and there was a blown fuse, it went through the MOT at a cost of around £200 including labour and test fee :angelic:

We enter level 4 the day after Christmas so the charity have emailed to say they will be closed until at least the 18th January and most of the local cafes who can manage it are moving to 'takeaway only' after Christmas but so far mask etiquette and hand sanitiser are holding out here fortunately.

The funeral on Thursday at the church across the street will be family spread out inside the church, plus loudspeakers outside so people can attend and sit in their cars plus a live broadcast online so, interesting idea and hopefully, safer from covid than we thought.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

Many hugs to those who are under the weather or in pain today :( and to anyone else who would like one for good measure.

@jjraak - glad you're seeing some progress :joyful: and a winner for attitude ;)

@JohnEGreen - hope the cyst stays somewhat settled until you can get an appointment for the surgeon.

@gennepher - don't think I would be sending that 'friend' another Christmas card either :sorry: what a stinker! But you have produced such a beautiful angel dispensing light for us all in compensation :)

@dunelm - like your stroke work, it's so difficult to use such minimal style effectively :)

@Muddy Cyclist - lovely, fantastic illustration. I really like the trees and the way you've handled the foliage canopy, thank you for showing us some of your tale :joyful:

art bit -

this was based on a photograph seen online - felt like we needed a bit of brighter weather ;)

upload_2020-12-22_21-10-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.3 today

picked up mum's shopping list ready for shopping tomorrow :) stock levels to be determined ;)

We took our elderly volvo in for MOT today, the engine management light was on so we were filled with trepidation about the potential bill/decision not to fix it :sorry: Seems it wasn't the ECR brain module or the diesel particulate filter, either of which would have been cause for some of those big sweary words;)

The exhaust gas valve needed cleaning and there was a blown fuse, it went through the MOT at a cost of around £200 including labour and test fee :angelic:

We enter level 4 the day after Christmas so the charity have emailed to say they will be closed until at least the 18th January and most of the local cafes who can manage it are moving to 'takeaway only' after Christmas but so far mask etiquette and hand sanitiser are holding out here fortunately.

The funeral on Thursday at the church across the street will be family spread out inside the church, plus loudspeakers outside so people can attend and sit in their cars plus a live broadcast online so, interesting idea and hopefully, safer from covid than we thought.

Many hugs to those who are under the weather or in pain today :( and to anyone else who would like one for good measure.

@jjraak - glad you're seeing some progress :joyful: and a winner for attitude ;)

@JohnEGreen - hope the cyst stays somewhat settled until you can get an appointment for the surgeon.

@gennepher - don't think I would be sending that 'friend' another Christmas card either :sorry: what a stinker! But you have produced such a beautiful angel dispensing light for us all in compensation :)

@dunelm - like your stroke work, it's so difficult to use such minimal style effectively :)

@Muddy Cyclist - lovely, fantastic illustration. I really like the trees and the way you've handled the foliage canopy, thank you for showing us some of your tale :joyful:

art bit -

this was based on a photograph seen online - felt like we needed a bit of brighter weather ;)

View attachment 46397

Cheers @geefull

Have to say, engine LIGHTS ON....
Big sweary words indeed.

Have heard method of fixing is to keep replacing items until one works...:wideyed::arghh:

So £200 for MOT ..AND Work...a WIN in my book.

Anothers years ticket to drive.... well worth the cost.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

art bit -

View attachment 46397

Glad your car passed its MOT @geefull

No I won’t be sending that fiend another Xmas card...

Thank you for the compliment on the Angel.

Thank you for the brighter weather and the gorgeous sea painting!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

art bit -

View attachment 46397
Thank you for your appreciation of me sharing my illustrations.

Winner for MOT and Art.

It is a very good seascape. I enjoy seeing your seascapes and distant hills you have a great technique of painting them.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today.

I might sneak in another Muddy Cycle ride and then sort out my fiddle. I have purchased a new bridge for it so all strings off to fit it, hopefully it will help improve my bowing technique. :)

Make the best you can of your day. Keep safe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Painting for today. A quickie in ZenBrush2

Popeye wanted to come into the kitchen with me (the door is always kept shut).
This surprised us.
Suddenly Popeye goes into 'supper' mode.
He got his supper. Swallowed it in one (he usually does that), head first and the moving tail is the last to disappear...

A bird surprised us in the garden yesterday, while he was on his harness and lead. He leapt but I kept tight hold of the lead. Little birdie got away...

Popeye was lashing his tail at me afterwards...

Have a good day...

0A2C30C1-806C-4DB8-BFDE-B12D28DB6FE8.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been a long walk with my two kids and three granddaughters along the river Dove close to my sons cottage, wonderful to see them all. Then sat outside VW camper van with coffee until sun set. Got some ideas for some watercolour paintings from low sun, river in flood and old Willows...
View attachment 46383 View attachment 46384 View attachment 46385

I have not posted any art for a few days but have been doing lots, illustrating my story for youngest grandaughter, here is the final page as Time walks off promising never to stop again......
View attachment 46382
All finished, phew!
Excellent what a great set of illustrations for your granddaughter. Interesting ideas - I do like trees.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

We took our elderly volvo in for MOT today, the engine management light was on so we were filled with trepidation about the potential bill/decision not to fix it :sorry: Seems it wasn't the ECR brain module or the diesel particulate filter, either of which would have been cause forsome of those big sweary words;)

art bit -

View attachment 46397
Thank you for your art comments @geefull and pleased that your ageing car gets another year at least. Again, a wonderful seascape from you. Always cheers me up. Good luck with the shopping.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

This surprised us.
He got his supper. Swallowed it in one (he usually does that), head first and the moving tail is the last to disappear...

A bird surprised us in the garden yesterday, while he was on his harness and lead. He leapt but I kept tight hold of the lead. Little birdie got away...

Have a good day...

View attachment 46398
Smashing quick sketch of super supper Popeye

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a dripping start to the day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of mince and tatties (cauliflower style) came in at 5.3 this am

Koffy - got two bags of strength 4 Italian yesterday - went to place in pantry only to find that Mrs Miggins had done exactly the same. - result.
Coffey - Nikka Coffey grain whisky (continuous still named after Aeneas Coffey) - so not containing koffy. Might get opened tonight.

Todays picture, another bit of festive zen around the zen circle (enso) on a scrap of gold flecked rice paper. Hope everyone has a pleasant day. Here is a Christmas song from one of my brothers and his band; https://markhorse.bandcamp.com/track/happy-christmas-songs. Koffy time (not Coffey time).

upload_2020-12-23_7-15-21.jpeg

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Fbg 6.5

This surprised us.

Have a good day...

View attachment 46398
Hi gennepher,
It's the lion in him showing, also showing in the picture! :) D.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Grrr wide awake at 5am. Swipey was painful and came in twice at 3.9 before an hour's doze and finally settled on 6.4 ➡️
No workout today... just about on top of getting things sorted on Britwatch (keep clicking people, and thanks to those going through on our Top Stories and clicking on articles - the tokens are going up each day and in just a couple of weeks we are close to what the guy made all summer without us promoting it).

Will make sure I do the C25K variant on the spinbike tomorrow so that at least I can move onto the next week.
Knee has been more grindy than a grinding thing so... the office will have the wonderful whiff of osteoflex ... mmm!

I need to try and come at both my sites as a full time job. I tend to potter about and do bits here and there as part of the overall admin of the sites but ... my portfolio is my window to the skills I have developed from IT to Journalism... and Britwatch is still my passion... So apart from a call on Monday with the guy from the curation site to HOPEFULLY give me admin access so I don't have to wait for them to approve the articles before I can push them on social, on Tuesday I need to come at both sites with more of a structure. I have no idea what that structure should be. How did I ever manage to get to be a fully grown ... well... 5' 2 1/2" ... adult being so indecisive... I am really not so sure.....