What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Here is a subadult Golden Eagle I did some time ago.

IMG_20201218_115404217_BURST000_COVER_TOP~2_compress63.jpg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.2 today

up and out to the shops early his morning, first into Lidl .... blimey! no milk, no cream, almost no fresh meat and hardly any veg :( no cauli :bigtears: apparently the delivery was late ;) there were more people barging about than we've seen shopping at that time of the morning in months.

Anyway fortunately we did better in Asda :joyful: we did overheard one person in the car park at Asda bemoaning the lack of loo rolls in Tesco.

Delivered mum's shopping and we took over a fancy tablecloth and table centre ready for Christmas dinner at her house. Usually mum comes to our house for the day together with Katy, her little dog, but she wants to stay home this year.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - Popeye, still the intrepid hunter obviously, nice portrait, very still but just ready to swish his tail ;)

@dunelm - love your zen circle, very pleasing piece of art :)

@lindisfel - some progress today for sure, you got to see a doctor and you got your jab :joyful: good to hear that it was a good experience. Nice bit of art there, you have a nice touch with feathered friends

@Muddy Cyclist - hope the bridge transplant is a success :)

art bit - based on a photo seen on the net, I liked the moody dramatic lighting in the photo but I'm not sure I managed my palette well, especially in the foreground :sorry:

upload_2020-12-23_19-7-28.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Late posting
22.12 2020
6.55am FBG 5.5 choc biscuits and all :greedy:
It was a dry day, or at least it didnt rain, everywhere was sodden. Despite this mine host and wife etc (various children) were building a fruit cage. Posts already in situ, concreted in with several inches of rainwater to top it off. Task for yesterday was second attempt at reciprocating roof.
Not totally successfully. Self supporting yes, but in two separate sections. Attempts to make adjustments resulted in minor head injury so project abandoned for the day.
Edited to add: head injury to host, not myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Swipey 4.6 ➡️
Must rouse myself to get the workout and knee-icing done before another long day of double-match-watching!
Between BBC Breakfast and my local NextDoor app... you would think we were at the end of the world.

Ahhh but it is GLORIOUS BIN DAY and I am just learning a few choice words from the shouty man under my window...

Morning all! (Those were not the words he was using, by the way.....)
So glad to see you sounding more cheerful.

lindisfel

Expert
A member of leadership in my daughter's church in Liverpool has got Covid so the leadership are isolating and the church is closed. I think churches should be closed anyway with a very easily passed variant 'walking the streets' like the killer mentioned in Psalm 91.

Helen told her mum today we shouldn't be out shopping now, as it is going to be really unsafe in the future.
We have to go in at 0700 for our turkey crown tomorrow to miss the shop being mobbed when everybody collects their meat for Christmas.

Best wishes for Christmas everyone
May you a very happy and peaceful Christmas
Derek

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's been absolutely pouring of rain for hours here in Norfolk. Really dreadful weather. The dogs didn't even ask to go.out for their afternoon walk.

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It's been absolutely pouring of rain for hours here in Norfolk. Really dreadful weather. The dogs didn't even ask to go.out for their afternoon walk.
Same here @Krystyna23040 And strong wind as well, van has sprung another leak, wet pillows are not funny.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A member of leadership in my daughter's church in Liverpool has got Covid so the leadership are isolating and the church is closed. I think churches should be closed anyway with a very easily passed variant 'walking the streets' like the killer mentioned in Psalm 91.

Helen told her mum today we shouldn't be out shopping now, as it is going to be really unsafe in the future.
We have to go in at 0700 for our turkey crown tomorrow to miss the shop being mobbed when everybody collects their meat for Christmas.

Best wishes for Christmas everyone
May you a very happy and peaceful Christmas
Derek
Take care @lindisfel

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - Popeye, still the intrepid hunter obviously, nice portrait, very still but just ready to swish his tail ;)

art bit - based on a photo seen on the net, I liked the moody dramatic lighting in the photo but I'm not sure I managed my palette well, especially in the foreground :sorry:

View attachment 46407

Thanks for the Popeye compliment.

I am glad you found some shopping you needed.

Your painting is great. You have managed moody and dramatic.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on the still very dark early morning of Christmas Eve in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of celeriac masala chips done in the actifry and a few green things came in at 4.6 this am

Cleaning out a metal spice dabba yesterday and the blooming thing attacked me - cut thumb - wish at this moment that I had not been taught to touch type as left thumb is now getting in the way. Quiz night tonight curtesy of zoom and some other fancy software that my SIL uses for work when online conferencing. Smashing eagle @lindisfel. Thank you for your comments @geefull and wonderful moody piece from yourself. I especially like the tones used in your hills. Off to the supermarket at 6, hoping that it will not be too crowded. Should I pick up even more koffy? Such little things that we angst over.

Another festive doodle on a scrap of rice paper today. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Quick koffy and then out into the world of madness.

upload_2020-12-24_5-28-45.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gave a winner. for numbers

But an 'ouch' for the thumb..

Gotta feel it's not so unlucky for cats and their plans for
world domination, on days like these.

Good luck on the Tesco run.

who'd of thunk shopping for food would ever become our Thunderdome..:D:hilarious:

a funny old world, as greavsie used to say..

(* no violence or swearing)
for those who haven't seen it, a nice clip & taste of the movie,... Mel Gibson, Tina Turner
ONLY spoilt by my overactive imagination in seeing Mel Smith alas, ;)
as the guard (R/h side at 3:00 mins)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Sproutsday eve Ladies and Gentlemen.
Here darn sarf it is still dark and wet, outside and inside, tea and koffy consumed, all is very quiet here in Tilehurst Towers apart from the story of Tubular Bells being played.

5.1 on that wayward meter of misbehaving and naughtiness this morning.

Well folks me and me's would like to wish you all the best for the upcoming festivities.
Stay safe, Stay well.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Poor wheelie. Alone all night underneath the lamplight. No other wheelies to have a conversation with. I crammed some more rubbish into him.

Still no more wheelies outside the houses. Bin wagon can come any time now from 6:30 am onwards.

My painting for today is this in Procreate.
Inspired by one of my postcrossing postcards I received yesterday from Finland. I used the dandelion seedhead brush tool on a new layer for the pine needles, but having a new layer meant I could erase the dandelion stems without affecting the picture underneath. Then a silhouette from my stack of silhouettes to finish off, and then a dash more snow!

Have a good day.
7D07DD4E-8446-4B60-B9E6-1E5FE2F93264.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.2 for me today.

Walk planned with daughter, SIL and youngest grandaughter this afternoon, cold and frosty here.

As we have no visitors over Christmas Mrs MC and I have a very relaxed Christmas Eve.

Mrs MC is visiting her mom in care home this morning, we thought it was in the homes Pod but apparently now in the bedroom after a quick Covid test for Mrs MC. I am not happy, is this a good idea? Mrs MC says she can't let her mom down now, in all honesty MIL would not know if she did, worrying times.

Savour this very different Christmas Eve. Keep safe.