What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In the hope you all get the Christmas present you wish for or deserve I share with you one of my favourite Christmas passages. From Under Milk Woood....

"There were the Useful Presents: engulfing mufflers of the old coach days, and mittens made for giant sloths; zebra scarfs of a substance like silky gum that could be tug-o'-warred down to the galoshes; blinding tam-o'-shanters like patchwork tea cozies and bunny-suited busbies and balaclavas for victims of head-shrinking tribes; from aunts who always wore wool next to the skin there were mustached and rasping vests that made you wonder why the aunts had any skin left at all; and once I had a little crocheted nose bag from an aunt now, alas, no longer whinnying with us. And pictureless books in which small boys, though warned with quotations not to, would skate on Farmer Giles' pond and did and drowned; and books that told me everything about the wasp, except why."
"Go on to the Useless Presents."
"Bags of moist and many-colored jelly babies and a folded flag and a false nose and a tram-conductor's cap and a machine that punched tickets and rang a bell; never a catapult; once, by mistake that no one could explain, a little hatchet; and a celluloid duck that made, when you pressed it, a most unducklike sound, a mewing moo that an ambitious cat might make who wished to be a cow; and a painting book in which I could make the grass, the trees, the sea and the animals any colour I pleased, and still the dazzling sky-blue sheep are grazing in the red field under the rainbow-billed and pea-green birds. Hardboileds, toffee, fudge and allsorts, crunches, cracknels, humbugs, glaciers, marzipan, and butterwelsh for the Welsh. And troops of bright tin soldiers who, if they could not fight, could always run. And Snakes-and-Families and Happy Ladders. And Easy Hobbi-Games for Little Engineers, complete with instructions. Oh, easy for Leonardo! And a whistle to make the dogs bark to wake up the old man next door to make him beat on the wall with his stick to shake our picture off the wall. And a packet of cigarettes: you put one in your mouth and you stood at the corner of the street and you waited for hours, in vain, for an old lady to scold you for smoking a cigarette, and then with a smirk you ate it. And then it was breakfast under the balloons."

Merry Christmas one and all.

Merry Christmas and a wonderful day for you all today @Muddy Cyclist
t7609.gif

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My Laurens impressed

her words...

"Never mess with a witch " :wideyed::woot:

or those that can use the internet correctly, apparently,
as i prefer to see it ;):D

Ah, Lauren knows my secret @jjraak

t123001.gif
t123002.gif
t123003.gif
t123004.gif
t123005.gif

I shall be in my garden today, tending to my herbs....
Have a good peaceful day today...

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No idea who will be here tomorrow or to some extent why there would be any wish or need to do so at Christmas. So, Merry Christmas one and all however scaled down, different or challenging 2020 has made things. We finally - 10+ months in - worked out where to put a table and chairs for now so Christmas dinner can be eaten in comfort. One of the benefits of waking at 4.30 or earlier most mornings is (sometimes) time to think.
Have a peaceful Christmas Day @ianpspurs

t07020.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really cold dog walk. There was even a shower of hailstones. Predictive Text tried to change it to gallstones. Now that would have been newsworthy.

Talking about being newsworthy - have just read on our community facebook page that our little Market Town has been reported as one of the places with cases of the new variant Covid 19. Thank goodness we have been placed in Tier 4.
May you all have a beautiful safe Christmas Day @Krystyna23040

t07022.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late post.
7.35am FBG 6.0 .

7.45am FBG 5.4 average should be starting to go down soon.
Day of last minute preparations, we are out of black pepper and bin bags. Drat! Will need to shop after all.
Must also find my makeup. Threatened with multiple video calls. Don't want to scare the kids.
Son2 arrived for brief socially distanced visit.
We are dropping presents to a friend later. Had to refuse yet another invitation for Xmas lunch, this time from our Keralan friends.
Ordered a slow cooker, it made the journey from Dumfenline to Milton Keynes overnight. Was hoping it might arrive today, but no. Will be Sunday. How to cook ersatz half leg of lamb that turned out to be beef topside? Someone needs to wear glasses when shopping.

Have a good Christmas Day @SlimLizzy
Hope you found your make up for those video calls!

t07027.gif

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Sproutsday eve Ladies and Gentlemen.
Here darn sarf it is still dark and wet, outside and inside, tea and koffy consumed, all is very quiet here in Tilehurst Towers apart from the story of Tubular Bells being played.

5.1 on that wayward meter of misbehaving and naughtiness this morning.

Well folks me and me's would like to wish you all the best for the upcoming festivities.
Stay safe, Stay well.
Have a great Christmas Day for you and all yours @alf_Josiah

t07031.gif

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope I have not missed anyone out.
If I have, then may you have a peaceful wonderful Christmas Day of your choice!

t07041.gif

t07086.gif

t07087.gif
t07088.gif
t07089.gif

Also for the absent father of this thread @Alien Aspie
May he have the Christmas Day of his choice
t07081.gif

Blessings for all.

t07037.gif

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Merry Christmas everyone. @gennepher has set the bar incredibly high with those individualised greetings. That bar is so high it is up there with the great crystal orbs of @geefull's wonderful art and this beauty . Great selection from DT @Muddy Cyclist and good points well made @jjraak. I've unwrapped a few wonderful surprises already today - don't like the music but lyrics to The return of Pan by The Waterboys was a nice surprise as was pre Paradise Lost Milton. Very different Christmas but laid down in the cellar to age, it's vintage will be realised.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967