What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.4 - Yup, I’m a diabetic!

By way of gluttony and scientific evidenced-based results, yesterday I had Porridge and Banana, a slice of homemade lemon drizzle cake, evening meal of Chicken Provençal with Rice followed by another slice of the Drizzle. So, and here’s the proof of being a diabetic, yesterday I was 6.3, granted this is only one point, but it has not gone down to the fives nor a high four. I’m more fortunate than many many on these Forums and after a year of concerns and mild depressions about my disease I’m beginning to be content, that’s not complacent. I can’t ask for more of myself.

Thanks for listening. E.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.4 for me
FB_IMG_1599480656358.jpg

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Nasty 9.3 yesterday morning ...Better reading this morning with a 7.4 :)
That’s outstanding! Very well done. You’re doing what I do and have done, testing my Boundaries and being aware of the pitfalls. I bet that FnC was tasty :)!

Reactions: Ymdawd and mojo37

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have borrowed the son's laptop for the day as mine is totally fried and needs a rebuild - reinstall software failed. Maybe its good that I haven't been able to post as my numbers are rubbish at present. I seem to be constantly in the 6s and above since before Christmas haven't dared to indulge and not sure what is going on. FBG today is 6.1.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 today. :)

Numbers in this range are expected as at this moment I am 63 hours into fasting. Bizarrely my weight showed a gain since yesterday but having checked the details I can see that the fat mass is reduced and muscle mass increased as is also the water percentage.

I am within the right weight range so these slight fluctuations don't bother me but it was interesting to see that the so called impact on muscle mass between 48 to 56 hours of fasting period seems to be true as each time I have been in that range muscle mass has increased and the impact is very visible... more than what it is after say a rest day between workouts.

Have a great day everyone.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An improved 5.9 this morning.
New year starts with new week. Less lethargy, more moving. smaller portions of cheese, nuts, cream, and (sobs) red wine.

Gwynn

It took several attempts to get any blood at all. Hands were warm, but no blood. In the end I had to put the lancet setting to 5. Usually 3 will do. Even then it was like drawing blood from a stone.

Do any of you struggle to get blood in the mornings. If so what do you do about it.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning all... 5.2 today..

Broke fast last night at 72 hours mark. Got up way too early at 4.45 AM as had some body aches so came down to kitchen and sure enough I had forgotten to take the magnesium supplement. Took that an hour back along with two tablets of curcumin and that seems to have done the trick.