What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Way behind again despite my week off home schooling. Wednesday Bed 7.1 FBG 6.8. Spent the day catching up on cleaning and ironing. My SLC order arrived too.
B. TAG and a couple of Lidl's cheese triangles.
L. With a new batch of SLC bread I had a 2 slice sandwich with sliced tomato and Mayo.
D. Thanks to industrial quantities of soup, I had 2 bowls of Hubby's chicken & mushroom soup (which is really, really good). Followed with my new favourite vanilla lolly.

Thursday bed 7.2 FBG 6.7. Got my first jab this morning. Had a very, very slight allergic "sensation" which passed over in about 30 mins. Nothing drastic but I have a few allergies and I know the feeling. I didn't require any antihistamine and I've been fine since.

B. TAG then off for my jab
L. 2 slices of SLC toast with pate when we got back.
D. 2 GF sausages, fried egg and veggie chips and yet another vanilla lolly.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday bed 6.7 FBG 6.8. Went to brother's today. He's not so good. Carers are now in 4 times a day. He was sleeping nearly all the time I was there. It's really quite distressing the deterioration. Thankfully he's still not in pain and is still eating well. Mobility is a lot worse though. He enjoys Hubby's soup so the latest batch was transported with me.
B. TAG and a SLC sandwich with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Another TAG
D. Another 2 bowls of Hubby's chicken and mushroom soup. The infamous vanilla lolly.

Saturday bed 6.1 FBG 6.1 - No 2 grandson is coming to stay the night. Treat before going back to school Monday. He was trying to pack his bag at 7am!
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with pate
L. Nothing
D. Having made curry for Hubby & grandson, I had a rack of pork ribs with a spicy rub, sour cream & chive dip and one of these Iceland broccoli & cauliflower souffle things. 2 squares of 85%.
Grandson was highly delighted that he got his brother's room. Brother was at home as another 2 guinea babies were installed so he wanted to care for them.

Reactions: DJC3

DisneyGuy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Negative people and negative outlooks.
Diabetes lol
Breakfast: whole grain porridge

Lunch: pate on rye bread with cucumber and humus on the side

Dinner: low carb tortilla as a pizza base. Pepperoni topping.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 1 slice slc bread toasted with butter, 2 cheese & ham roll-ups. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - chicken with pepper sauce over the top. Broccoli, brussel sprouts and a little carrot. lc trifle.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s gone a little quiet in here.

TMAD again today.

Lunch was 2 pork belly strips up into pieces, coated in chilli oil and salt and air fried.
Dinner was chicken wings seasoned with Himalayan salt and lemon pepper and air fried.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: keralan chicken curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. TMAD for me again too.
Packed lunch at work, a more organised effort of 2 tuna melt muffins then a GGF choc mint brownie.
Spent the afternoon heaving trays of tinned foods around the food bank so I was v hungry by the time I got home.
4 rashers bacon, 3 fried eggs and some fried mushrooms. A lot of cups of tea too. Small handful Callebaut chocolate buttons.
@Onlinecaroline I love the sound of your lunch. Do you use gram flour for your fritters, or just eggs?
@maglil55 I’m so sorry to hear that your brother is fading. Hubby’s special soup must be offering plenty of comfort as well as nutrition.

Onlinecaroline

@DJC3 I’ve tried with just eggs and it works fine if a little eggy in taste but I like it with 2 teaspoons of coconut flour. My go to is usually a full courgette grated, 1-2 teaspoons of coconut (I can’t taste it but I’m sure almond would also work if you aren’t a coconut flour fan) and an egg. That’s make four full fritters for my husband and I which with all the other bits is plenty!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
L: a low carb pizza with mozzella and tomato
D: a low carb pizza with salami and spinach (the recipe made 2 and I wasn't sure how well the dough would keep. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;) )

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Not just days but possibly a month behind.
Control is always difficult this time of year, there are far too many boxes of chocolates about.
Today, not a typical day, had way too many carbs.
Breakfast, grain free nut granola, splash of milk, coffee with cream, back in uk and using single cream. Second CWC.
Mid Morning coffee with cream.
Lunch slice of toast (11.5g carbs)
Mashed avocado and a piece of cheese. Cup of tea
Afternoon, tea and two choc biscuits, last in the box.
Dinner pork chop, cabbage, cauliflower and brocolli in cheese sauce. Few carrots, onion gravy, then a sinful cinnamon roll with toffee sauce. (30g carbs) MrSlim went shopping. Actually wasn't as good as expected, so the remaining four are all for MrSlim who is no longer living up to his name. 2 glasses of LC tonic and wine about 25% wine, and just now coffee with cream. Will be having lemon tea before bed as usual.

This lockdown has not been good for any of us. Even the cat is getting fat.
However have managed to book covid jab for Thursday. Maybe we will be able to return to France by end of May.

Max68

Lunch today finished off the pancetta with scrambled eggs. Dinner two pork loins with broccoli, mushroom, handful of peas and treating myself to 3 small vivaldi boiled potatoes. Strawberries and double cream afters. Felt guilty so change that to one and a half small potatoes!!!

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I’ve tried with just eggs and it works fine if a little eggy in taste but I like it with 2 teaspoons of coconut flour. My go to is usually a full courgette grated, 1-2 teaspoons of coconut (I can’t taste it but I’m sure almond would also work if you aren’t a coconut flour fan) and an egg. That’s make four full fritters for my husband and I which with all the other bits is plenty!

That sounds good, and lower carb than the ones I’ve made which used gram flour ( chick pea flour) they were delicious but I will definitely be giving yours a go, thank you.

Reactions: Onlinecaroline

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely to see you back here @SlimLizzy good luck with the Covid jab and hope you can get back soon.
Lunch was LoDough pizza topped with chorizo and a whole ball of mozzarella which was well out of date so J thought I’d better eat it all rather than putting some back in the fridge. DGF blondie to follow.
Dinner will be roast chicken, bacon, hopefully crispy, from the top of the chicken, plus buttered cabbage. Maybe Halloumi fries too if I can be bothered.
@Goonergal have you tried the Whittaker’s chocolate tea yet? Mine arrived today - I hadn’t noticed the third ingredient was ‘flavouring’ what a shame! It has a bit of a vanilla type perfume - so unnecessary. Typically for me I bought 2 packs ( always go over the top!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Unplanned OMAD+ today.

Lunch - towards the end of a walk - was Nando’s boneless thighs, Halloumi and nuts. Eaten al fresco in front of the Thames near the Cutty Sark.

Just had some Greek yoghurt - bought Fage 0% fat as it has fewer carbs than my normal full fat ‘Greek style’ yoghurt. Tasted pretty good.

@DJC3 my tea has arrived. It smelt promising but the taste wasn’t good at all - bit of a synthetic after taste. I also bought 2 packs, LOL! They will refund - and there’s a freepost address to return. Mine has already been dropped at the Post Office.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11:00 scrambled eggs and bacon
A nice long walk. Booked a NT car park so we could at least see somewhere different. Only 10 minutes away but made such a change. Good for the spirits.
D: 2 bratwurst with buttered leeks, carrots, swede and little broccoli.
Will be having a glass of wine later with a weekly zoom catch up. Wednesday is the new Saturday, socially speaking

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 my tea has arrived. It smelt promising but the taste wasn’t good at all - bit of a synthetic after taste. I also bought 2 packs, LOL! They will refund - and there’s a freepost address to return. Mine has already been dropped at the Post Office.

Oh brilliant thanks. I was just trying to figure out who I could ‘gift’ it to. Did the same last year with some horribly perfumed, flavoured coffee. Amaretti flavour coffee, what on Earth possessed me?
Really made me laugh and cheered me up no end that you also bought 2 boxes!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh brilliant thanks. I was just trying to figure out who I could ‘gift’ it to. Did the same last year with some horribly perfumed, flavoured coffee. Amaretti flavour coffee, what on Earth possessed me?
Really made me laugh and cheered me up no end that you also bought 2 boxes!

Strangely, in my quest to find a tea to replace Teaolat (at least until ‘non-essential’ shops are open), the one I least expected to like - licquorice and peppermint - has been the best so far.