What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.6 this morning at 0610.

Another early morning trip to East Midlands Airport, so no run this morning.

Got back at 12ish, took small son on a 3.5k walk, off to Physio later, shoulder still very unhappy.

Have a good weekend folks.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning at 0610.

Another early morning trip to East Midlands Airport, so no run this morning.

Got back at 12ish, took small single a 3.5k walk, off to Physio later, shoulder still very unhappy.

Have a good weekend folks.
I hope the physio helps the shoulder. Admire your efforts and attitude.

Reactions: HeliGary

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
I hope the physio helps the shoulder. Admire your efforts and attitude.

Physio is ill, so I might try and run it off after all, swinging the arms helps a bit.

Thank you for the kind words.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.5 at 0700 perhaps not surprising, had a chinese takeaway last night as an experiment.

5.9 before going to bed at midnight.

Awake since about 0530 with the shoulder of sleeplessness .

Beautiful foggy morning here,going to let it warm up a little then head off out for a run, first time in shorts outdoors so maybe the shortest run in history.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Libre showed 6.2, the Mr Codefree said 5.5, so needed clarification. Mr Tee2 said 5.6 so I am going with that. This is only my second Libre the first one always measured much lower than reality. I only got it to watch 14 day trends after my Covid jab but it doesnt seem to be of any other use.
Happy Sunday All.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today. Had my jab yesterday and it was eating day so its not bad result at all.

Jab however has so far made me heavy headed and left me feeling slightly feverish. I am not feeling so bad that I should take a paracetamol and so am rather unsure if i should follow my fasting schedule for today or just eat. For the moment I have decided to watch the meter and how I am feeling physically and will eat if I need to take paracetamol else it will be fasting as usual.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 at 5.30AM. I did manage to get through yesterday without taking paracetamol and completing my fast. I had relatively high readings throughout the course of the day with an average of 6.0 but the overnight average is a decent 4.6 so I think things are coming back to normal.

I am still a bit heavy headed but shivering has reduced as has the body ache. Headache persists for now.

Have a great day everyone. :)

Last edited: