What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.7 this fine morning so its so far so good after my Pfizer jab yesterday. @Bindahnee the fasting levels are notoriously difficult to control because of Dawn Phenominum, disturbed sleep, nightmares, late eating, etc. and we often struggle long after our daytime levels improve. So keep going you’re doing great!

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 at 6AM and 5.0 just now on finger prick tests. The average overnight from diabox and xdrip is 5.0 and 5.1 respectively.

It was my eating day yesterday so these readings are very welcome. Looks like reducing chicken at dinner time from 280 gms to 140 gms and including a bit of fibre is making some significant difference as I haven't really changed anything else in my routine.

Have a great Friday everyone. :)

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
4.2 on Swipey - only what that device ought to read IMHO. I eat the same food in the same quantity at the same time about 80% of the time (yes, I calculated it) and monitor via Swipey, so why the massive variations if carbs are king?

I do as you do, maybe carbs are king, but could be some callous communiators residing in the liver and pancreas.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do as you do, maybe carbs are king, but could be some callous communiators residing in the liver and pancreas.
Currently, my money is on Cortisol Levels (young Spanish kid) as the holding midfielder being the key all winning sides need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pasha

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Currently, my money is on cortisol levels as the holding midfielder being the key all winning sides need.
I'll go with that one. Cortisol has a lot to answer for in my life. I definitely need to chill!

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 today. Overnight average on xdrip and Diabox is 4.3 too.

Although with 36 hours into fasting these kind of numbers were to be expected but it doesn't diminish their value.

Like @Andydragon vaccine day today for me too so will be breaking my fast shortly.

Have a lovely start to your weekend everyone. :)