What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here they are

https://www.iceland.co.uk/p/iceland-4-creamy-broccoli-and-cauliflower-gratin-480g/58315.html

These Lidl lollies are concerning me now. I managed to get 2 boxes today but that's the 2 Lidl's closest to me cleaned out now. I'm hoping they just need a restock and that it will not be another saga like the high protein rolls and their Lighthouse Bay high protein noodles.

Remember Iceland also have that delicious Wild shrimp with tomato & chilli.

Thanks for the link. I hadn’t forgotten the delicious wild shrimp thing - I’ve been looking for an excuse to go into town for weeks now, so in a way I’m glad Dennis ate my glasses - every cloud!!
I think you must have cleaned those 2 Lidl’s out of lollies

Reactions: maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All only two days behind. Had the Pfizer jab on Thurs aft and they kindly agreed to give Mr PM one of their spares which made me so happy. Very well organised effort in the town hall getting through abt 60 an hour we reckon. No side effects other than slightly sore arm the next day for both of us. Its wonderful to be able to look forward to the new normal at the same time.
Since Friday breakfast has a slice of HiLo toast and copious tea. Made a ‘clear out the veg drawer” soup which was quite delicious and lasted two days. I still had some Dr Almond bread so had two small slices buttered with the soup both days. Friday night’s supper was salmon baked in foil with a dash of Kikoman Teriyaki sauce, Mr PM had spicy rice and sweet chilli sauce. I paired it with roasted med veg, no sauce!
Yesterday we had an Indian t/a delivered. I had my usual Tandoori King Prawns (4, wish it was 6) and cauli Bhajee. One popadom was had before with a couple of glasses of Pinot Noir (Cono Suir Organic, on offer at Sainsburys and really nice, have put it on my next order). Today need to use some up some egg mayo for lunch. Supper will be Mr PM’s least fave of Chicken, chorizo, red pepper and tin toms casserole thing with paprika. I needed to use up the ingredients which were in the fridge going out of date. I might turn his into a pasta bake which will make it a completely different dish! Fussy men! I will likely have mine with cauli rice to soak up the juices.
@DJC3 i was also envious of your fresh shellfish. I adore fresh crab though I am horribly allergic to lobster and carry antihistamine pills in my purse in case I inadvertently come across some which happened once with an Asian lightly fried starter pick n mix billed as vegetarian. It was ordered and eaten in a friend’s garden (they didnt know of my allergy) in the dark but two hours later I was covered in hives and my throat was constricting. I am a lot more careful now and dont have langoustines either just in case.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've found some unopened Paprika in the cupboard, but it has a best before date of 2013! :arghh:

I expect I have some jars even older, I’d use it anyway, it might taste less intense but that’s all.

Reactions: Max68

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Will read through and catch up later with everyone’s entries but wanted to get back to recording after over a week away so doing an earlier in the day entry today.
Saturday and Sunday lunch hm lc seeded crackers with prawns, smoked salmon and mayo followed by DGF millionaire shortbread
Saturday dinner hm chicken curry with some salsa and hm lc crackers and cucumber raita followed by DGF raspberry bakewell and cream
Tonight planning beef brisket, cauliflower cheese and asparagus and glass of red wine followed by another lc raspberry bakewell.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to see you back @shelley262
Today’s food started at about 11:30 with a cheese omelette and chilli sauerkraut.
Dinner mid afternoon was slow roast belly pork ( -about 7 hrs) with roast cauliflower, sprouts with bacon and joy of joys: lc Yorkshire pud. I got the recipe from a fb group. Puffed up gloriously. The texture was more like the Pork Crunch style of crackling than Yorkies but still v enjoyable and crispy
IMG_1614541112.222551.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and 1/2 packet of coconut bites.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few cubes of cheese with mini sugar drop peppers.
Dinner: gammon slow cooked in diet orange Fanta with one tiny roast potato, mixed veg and gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Having a go at the Ted Naiman PE protocol, so upping the protein ratio of my meals. Don’t intend tracking my macros regularly, but ran them through today out of interest. Ended up with 214g protein; 55% fat, 45% protein and 1% carbs.

Lunch was Nando’s. Boneless thighs and 3 wings. Followed by Fage 0% Greek yoghurt.

Dinner was 2 pork belly strips cut into pieces, covered with chilli oil and salt and air fried. Yet more yoghurt!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely walk first thing, the mud is finally starting to disappear and the paths are paths again
I managed to delay first food until 1:30
Leftovers of roasted peppers, chicken wings then added 2 cheese and ham roll ups
Couple of hours weeding, in sunshine:)
30g cheese crisps as a starter then chicken cooked with chorizo and paprika with some lc bread cheesy thing DH cooked.
Yoghurt and seeds

Max68

Apologies that I miss so many posts I forget to click like on many so will just say everyone is a "winner" from this time forward! Threw the chicken coating away as per the wise advice above, but have ordered some more and will be more cautious next time!

Still continuing a two mile walk a day wearing two coats and the early sun is fabulous. No lactic calf muscles either now, it's amazing how quick the body get used to the exercise again. Looking forward to the woods again when it dries out properly. Dinner last night burgers, fried eggs and a handful of vivaldi chips, first time in a while! No lunch today but dinner was tub of firecracker wings from sainsbury dabbed down a bit to remove some sauce (did check label re sugars and carbs), some lamb fillet chopped into squares and shallow fried with halloumi fries with a touch of sweet chilli sauce. Delicious meal.

Downside is I'm really struggling to kick the crisps although it's one pack on occasion and I make them last! I've bought some Brazil nuts but what do you all do for snacking in front of the box? If you do! I guess pop corn is a no go?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Popcorn? God I despise that cheap rubbish. Prefer chewing European wasps

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've bought some Brazil nuts but what do you all do for snacking in front of the box? If you do! I guess pop corn is a no go?

Snacking best avoided, especially if it’s ‘in front of the box’ rather than because you’re hungry. Brazil nuts aren’t a bad option though.

Tea with cream and a glass of iced water for me as normal first thing. Oxtail will go into the IP shortly so that a delicious dinner will magically appear later.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Max68 it really is best to avoid snacking, especially in front of the box when it’s so easy to eat mindlessly. It’s one of the most important habits to try to break. ( but very hard I know!)
I drink copious quantities of tea instead. I’m so lazy I make 2 mugs at a time so as soon as I’ve finished the first I start on the second. I’ve recently found a decaf brand I like which has helped too.
For an occasional treat you could try these:
https://www.cheesies.co.uk

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

OMAD today. Some delicious oxtail cooked in the instant pot, followed by a decent serving of Fage Greek yoghurt.

3A5474BE-60DD-481A-97F8-C8D4D6D6F34C.jpeg

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Weather so lovely this weekend so I had planned fence painting today - don’t have many opportunities to do this boring but essential job so went out as planned despite the foggy cold weather. I got completely cold and think this made me deviate from my planned food - call it a feast day - I need to try for a fast day tomorrow to balance back
Breakfast two boiled eggs and lc hm buttered bread
Hot Coffee with cream to keep going through morning
Lunch hm lc toasted bread and cheese followed by a DGF millionaire shortbread
Mid pm hot black tea and one Aldi choc and nutbar
Dinner Cajun chicken with salads followed by DGF brownie warm with cream. Just had decaff coffee with hm truffle.
Feel toastie warm now indoors but also a bit stuffed!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - large lc pancake with blueberries and double cream poured over the top. I have some Almond four which is out of date the end of this week - should I use it up before then or will it be ok for a little longer - what do yous think ?

Dinner - chicken balmoral with sprouts, broccoli and a little carrot. lc trifle

Onlinecaroline

Yesterday

Lunch - 2 heck sausages. It was meant to be accompanied with a cheese omelette, but it turns out I don’t like omelette!

Dinner - plan was butter chicken curry with bare naked rice but no tomato purée, chilli powder or yoghurt left. So H/m katsu curry instead.

Fibre one protein bar and a montezuma orange truffle.

Today

Lunch - 3 boiled eggs with butter, mashed in a cup.

Dinner - shin of beef stew, mashed cauliflower and saucy cabbage. Probably followed by another truffle!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: cauliflower and broccoli cheese with veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.