What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Couldn't sleep last night. I just wasn't tired. My brain was still. No reason why I couldn't sleep. Gave up after an hour and a half of lying quietly and relaxing every part of my body.

So brought a pile of postcards to bed, a hot cuppa, and was sorting postcards. A couple of hours later all postcard sorted, except the last pile. I still wasn't sleepy at 2:30 am. Then cat comes in from the front room where he was getting a decent night's sleep. He scatters the last pile (of unsorted postcards), and says 'sleep', gets under my chin, purrs like a Ferguson tractor engine (from my childhood) and his vibrations send me to sleep.

So I am late to the party this morning...

Digital painting in Procreate began of silver birches I had seen yesterday, but sort of changed as the finger moved and painted on the iPad screen, and this is it...

View attachment 48294
Another world and sky, very imaginative and I like the way you have handled the foliage and hill top, works really well.

Reactions: BRSBRI and jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm glad you have found a good use for Soy Milk and it worked very well, like that whole piece. When are you going to start bottling it as resist? :)
Thank’s @Muddy Cyclist - it’s the only use for soy milk that I can think of - not milk, not a drink, not a substitute food product. Small bottle of ‘resist’ sitting in the fridge.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me today. High again must be stress.

Neighbours big tree being demolished today so lots of light for summer in our garden. :joyful: Going to cost me a fortune in new sun hats.

No idea what the day will bring.

Keep safe enjoy the day.

Reactions: BRSBRI

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OK - who mentioned slow running? So, started slow jogging and yesterday (called niko niko) - did an online course from some nice folk in Japan and they even gave me a certificate of completion for my CPD - that will be handy for when I go for that interview!
Have you done your slow running outside - I am still not brave enough.

Reactions: BRSBRI and jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me today. High again must be stress.

Neighbours big tree being demolished today so lots of light for summer in our garden. :joyful: Going to cost me a fortune in new sun hats.

No idea what the day will bring.

Keep safe enjoy the day.
Block any search strings with the words “garden furniture” included

lindisfel

Expert
Good pre-bin day morning in (Little) America to y'all. Swipey showed an almost respectable 4.7 first thing so maybe hay fever is being controlled. Breckland pollen must be one more aspect of life here unsuitable for my delicate constitution. Good news about the value of your mum's car @dunelm. I like blossom but do miss the acres of fruit tree blossom of my youth. The fruit growers were right about EU entry, it did end that as a viable business. Hundreds of acres of protein - peas and beans - in their place now and some orchards just abandoned. You'll never be back from Cornwall for the first class @Krystyna23040. Cryptic post there @lindisfel. To answer your opening question, both - do I win a prize?. Does Dishy play the harp?. Have a good day people if you so self define.
Hi Ian,
He always sings correctly from the Right Psalm sheet! However, I don't know if he invests in mutton?
D.

lindisfel

Expert
Thinks it's the mark of him, the skills of Statesman evades him
all that "of course you're special" to the many mothers, Businesswomen*, etc has probably impaired him.

He forgets its not just one person he's pedalling his version of the truth to, it's the many who may or may not agree.
For one who is so inept at managing to telling the truth in parliament, it's not surprising really.

"Herd mentality" "Take it on the chin" "no one gets left behind"..
mmmh
by my calculations that's 126, 000 dead + 3,000,000 excluded = Inept
and that's BEFORE i even start adding up the rest of his innings

*https://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-johnson-cast-her-aside-like-one-night-stand
".... questions over a payment of £126,000 of public money to Arcuri’s businesses and why she was on three overseas trade missions with Johnson, despite not qualifying as a delegate."
I was surprised to see she was American I always thought she was a Pole, dancer. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ian,
He always sings correctly from the Right Psalm sheet! However, I don't know if he invests in mutton?
D.
His boss - the Great Unpolishable- seems to be accomplished on the Lyre. Almost as natural as breathing, so instinctive. Good of York to name part of the City after his Govt. Sign of utter contempt for us when the Blue Team field their 3rd team and laugh about it. McCluskey you bleep.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
...and predictive text only alters the correct words you had written in the first place when you press that send button...
@gennepher it is so annoying when this happens. Earlier this year I texted a friend to say I was so sorry that her dog is now deaf. I was horrified that predictive text changed it to that I was so sorry that her dog is now dead.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher it is so annoying when this happens. Earlier this year I texted a friend to say I was so sorry that her dog is now deaf. I was horrified that predictive text changed it to that I was so sorry that her dog is now dead.
Concentrate on driving back from Cornwall young lady or is the much put upon Mr K driving? For goodness sake don't ever text about needing larger premises. :angelic:

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the chores to do when I eventually get home... so I feel your pain...

Getting to France this year looks like a drapeau rouge...:(
My son lived in Toulouse in France for a year a couple of years back, thankfully not last year, as his year abroad while at Uni - we visited a couple of times while he was there - a lovely city and he saw a lot of France in his year there - don't know where he will end up in the world as he has friends all over the world who he keeps up with, a lot of whom he met while in France - he loved to travel before the last year ...

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG this morning 6.2 - the best it has been in 3 weeks - that was before I even knew I was getting a telephone interview out of the blue although not totally unexpected but I only applied for the job the other day. So just getting back to normal ish and here we go again ... stress ...argh ... which unfortunately as hard as I try to I can't control

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Perhaps stick some velcro round the frame if it will look tidy and then stick a piece of blackout material on when you need to.
@dunelm This is almost exactly what I have done. :happy:
Now just need make a very short blackout curtain, about 15cm to cover the gap at the top of the blind. On sunny mornings it's like having a fluorescent light on. No point in making full length curtain, because it gets leaned on. Which is why the blind no longer goes all the way up.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely Spring day here this afternoon so out ingarden next..

Over lunch I messed about with the scenefrom a few days ago turning it from winter to spring. I got proper fed up with it and you can probably tell. Another for mygrowing disregarded pile....
A4 watercolour...
Winter version asa reminder...
IMG_4650.JPG
Spring transformation....
IMG_4657.JPG