What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.3 at 0445 but I had been up for two hours at that point and didnt eat until 1930 due work last night.

Short day today at work , walk around the village this afternoon , usually aim to do 3 laps and 10k walking.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5,2 on Swipey - when you try your best but you don't succeed ... @DJC3 maybe we should play that on loop all day, SSAS today and ODI to dip into, 2 granddaughters to collect from nursery/kidergarden or whatever it is called so Swipey can do one.

I don’t think either of us are abject failures though, so maybe a more uplifting song on a loop would be better? How about I will Survive if we imagine the ‘you’ being a slice of cake?
Have fun with the little P’s today.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A very sad 6.7 (6.2 due to FFF and 0.5 due to long nightmare and bad sleep. Must do better. @DJC3 hug for the disappointing t/a result and @ianpspurs enjoy SSAS and precious time with the littlies.

Hugs for the nightmare, it’s always surprising what a disturbed night can do to BGs. Hope tonight is better.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t think either of us are abject failures though, so maybe a more uplifting song on a loop would be better? How about I will Survive if we imagine the ‘you’ being a slice of cake?
Have fun with the little P’s today.
I disagree about me not being a failure. Resisting cake has always been easy for me. Fun? I eat low carb so it is banned.:angelic: Awful song choice as well:arghh::arghh: Apart from that we totally agree.:angelic:

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I disagree about me not being a failure. Resisting cake has always been easy for me. Fun? I eat low carb so it is banned.:angelic: Awful song choice as well:arghh::arghh: Apart from that we totally agree.:angelic:

Haha I knew you’d hate the song! ( I don’t like it either tbh, just wanting something more upbeat). I will continue in my belief that we are not failures though - glass half full, plenty of Reasons To Be Cheerful.

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
3.2 this morning @ 5 am, definitely feeling hypo and CGM shows low since midnight. This in spite of more food inc some carbs yesterday. Didn't wait for DP to kick in - took 8g carbs - BG up to 8.0 by 7.30. Now had morning bolus plus breakfast - may need to rethink my Basal?
What a difference a day makes! So dropped my basal back a unit yesterday, also fairly active but lots of protein late in the day. Not surprised to be at 7.1 @ 5 am (pretty much this level since midnight). So bolused for DP and HIIT session today. Briefly up to 9.4, so far in the 5's this afternoon... Fortunately I no longer get worried by my often very volatile BG patterns - just treat/adjust and move on.

Really touched by the Hugs everyone! Enjoy the weekend. :)

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,2 on Swipey - when you try your best but you don't succeed ... @DJC3 maybe we should play that on loop all day, SSAS today and ODI to dip into, 2 granddaughters to collect from nursery/kidergarden or whatever it is called so Swipey can do one.
Can you give us a clue to the code, please? SSAS? ODI?
Ooh, I had an idea. Could frequently used abbreviations go in peoples’ signatures?
Though I am giving the grey matter a workout, trying to decipher codes. :)

Reactions: mojo37