What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
Hi all, my first contribution on this thread.

I received my Freestyle Libre 2 yesterday and have started to collect data.

I was 5.0 on waking this morning. The device has reported me going down to 3 overnight. I’m newly diagnosed and still trying to understand everything, but that low reading has me worried. I don’t wish to divert the thread, but any explanation/guidance would be welcomed.

Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick,

Welcome, I’ve only been here a few months , they are a friendly bunch.

Gary

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe it has something to do with the levels you're normally at rather than being T1 or T2.

yeah I think so too. I get an occasional 3.x and the lowest I have had is 3.2 as well but never really felt dizzy or anything so looks like I do fine in the range of 3s as well.

Reactions: ziggy_w

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
im awful at 3 ian really shakey i dont know if the factors are different for type 1s and type 2s x
I'm awful at anything in the low 4's or under I can't concentrate shaking and feel like I'm going to pass out .

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
its mad isnt it ,i can get very shakey in the low 3s but i have been in the low 2s and felt nothing ,also anything over 12 for me leaves me exhausted ...the life of a diabetic :banghead:
It gets really confusing that's for sure. Since I have started using the Libre 2 I hear the low alarm and think 'RAISINS!!' I love raisins, so every cloud has a silver lining. Amazing about the 2s for you, I would be in a heap on the floor at that point I am sure.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It gets really confusing that's for sure. Since I have started using the Libre 2 I hear the low alarm and think 'RAISINS!!' I love raisins, so every cloud has a silver lining. Amazing about the 2s for you, I would be in a heap on the floor at that point I am sure.
i know what you mean about silver linings its kitkats for me or pickled onion space raiders although jelly babies at silly oclock do not have the same enjoyment ,im just waiting to be swapped from libre1 to 2 :)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
i know what you mean about silver linings its kitkats for me or pickled onion space raiders although jelly babies at silly oclock do not have the same enjoyment ,im just waiting to be swapped from libre1 to 2 :)
ooooh, kitkats! When you get your Libre 2 you will learn to associate that alarm with kitkats.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
I suppose it depends on what medication you are on with mine ( metformin ) it is recommended to take with meals or just after , to help with the dreaded" metformin trots " :rolleyes:
Oh ok I'm on diamcron
I can't take metformin due to the trot side effects

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Hi all, my first contribution on this thread.

I received my Freestyle Libre 2 yesterday and have started to collect data.

I was 5.0 on waking this morning. The device has reported me going down to 3 overnight. I’m newly diagnosed and still trying to understand everything, but that low reading has me worried. I don’t wish to divert the thread, but any explanation/guidance would be welcomed.

Cheers
Nick
You have to complete a finger prick to check blood sugars below 4 and above 8 mmol/l. The Libre is a good trend guide but can be out by a couple of mmol/l.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 at 6AM and 6.5 just now at 7.15AM.

I did do a bit of overeating last night gobbling up 250gms of chicken and 250gms of tender broccoli followed by not one but two keto chocolate bars.

It is a fasting day so numbers will come back in good range soon enough.

Have a great day everyone. :)