What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been distracted by life.
Tuesday: 5.7
Wednesday: 5.1, there was some red wine the night before...
Thursday: 5.6

Giving up on Codecademy, too many errors.... back to the big book for learning to Java, if that is a verb!

Good day all.
:)

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
3.7 on waking - my BGs have been running too high over the past few weeks, so adjusted my basal (Tresiba) up one unit a couple days ago. But I think may also be result of only eating one small meal (eggs and bacon) yesterday. Fortunately now rising due to my usual DP/Foot on Floor response, so seeing if I can stick just to coffee until lunchtime.
3.2 this morning @ 5 am, definitely feeling hypo and CGM shows low since midnight. This in spite of more food inc some carbs yesterday. Didn't wait for DP to kick in - took 8g carbs - BG up to 8.0 by 7.30. Now had morning bolus plus breakfast - may need to rethink my Basal?

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning. Flat 5.0 on Swipey today - meh. Prawn stir fry creeps in to the stay but must tweak list. The core must keep list has 2 variants on 1 meal. The I like that but ain't having that 2 hr post meal bg (>5.5) is 1000s of pages long. The swaps that don't work (hideous mutations?) list stretches from here to the moon.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Average FBG this past week 4.9. Still need to keep on losing weight to get it down to between 4.0 and 4.5 ie the "Normal" range. I have been on a weight loss diet for 16 weeks so far, but I took a 10 day break for Christmas.
I would call average fasting of 4.9 ‘normal’ @Tannith . Unless , that is, you are having extremes of high and low to reach that mean average.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/fasting-blood-sugar-levels.html

I would be extremely contented with average 4.9

Reactions: DJC3