What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 1slc roll on fried egg. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - cooked chicken with brussel sprouts, broccoli and a little carrot.

Reactions: maglil55 and Tori71

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with seeds and strawberries and 2 sqs 85% . Bad bad hubby for bringing easter gift to bed!
L cold lamb, tomatoes and cucumber
D: lamb curry from the cold lamb, left over green paste from Thurdsay and pickings of spinach from the garden. Threw in leftover cabbage too. Ff greek with strawberry. 2 sqs 85%
Prepped lc cheesecake and some coconut muffins for visitors tomorrow. Doing salmon stuffed with cucumber

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Very intense and a bit too spicy for me! Had some yoghurt to cool my mouth down afterwards.
Next time it might be an idea to have the yoghurt with the meat. It's what they do in the Middle East, and it's very tasty :)

@DJC3 , can I come over for easter next year?

I make them by cooking mushrooms slowly in butter to which i add crushed garlic and any parlsey (if I have any). When they are cooked I stir through a glug or spoonful or 3 or 4 of cream. All depends on taste and what I have around .
Sometimes a splash of brandy or sherry lifts it to dinner party standards
Sorry I am just seeing this! Very similar to @MrsA2 I fry mushrooms in some butter, garlic, onion granules and salt and pepper. Then add double cream and reduce to desired thickness. Sometimes I had some mustard!
I'm pretty sure I've tackled the HF part of LCHF just fine today :hilarious:
The mushroom dish was glorious, thanks again, both of you!
I fried a small onion, chestnut mushrooms (my local supermarket sells the funny looking big, small or loopy ones cheaper than the regular white button mushrooms :)), and oyster mushrooms in butter with lots of garlic and a chilli pepper after adding a drop of fish sauce to the mushrooms to enhance the taste. I added some cream cheese and a generous spoonful of creme fraiche, and that was all :)
And there's enough left for tomorrow too!

169268519_10223231148801368_7307715494274249215_n.jpg

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
Lunch, mozzerella, sundried tomato and salami salad. Fibre one protein bar
Dinner, cheese crispbake and two poached eggs. Strawberries and thick cream.
Lots of tea and a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi, three pieces of green and blacks dark mint chocolate (9 carbs - my easter egg)!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Breakfast: Trout pate on HiLo toast, black tea, 2 black coffee.
12,000 steps walk with some light snow.
L. 2 Higgedy mini egg muffins, small piece veggie pizza pie from local deli, dry roasted peanuts.
D. Homemade curries. Mixed veg and chickpea masala, dry Swiss chard and toasted cashew nut curry, urad lentils with fresh coconut. Was going to make a raita but out of yoghurt. May have some chocolate later.
HAPPY EASTER!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Antje77 Yes! You’d be very welcome next Easter and I know you won’t be phased by an over friendly Schnauzer and a large looming Great Dane.
Today started with one of the lc choc muffins, no idea why, they are not even that nice.
Lunch was a chicken salad with a boiled egg, avocado and blue cheese. Went off it half way through so the rest is in the fridge.
Dinner; still not feeling excited by the thought of food so a simple cheese omelet with a dollop of chilli kimchi to try and waken my tastebuds.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 Yes! You’d be very welcome next Easter and I know you won’t be phased by an over friendly Schnauzer and a large looming Great Dane.
Sounds great, and I might just take you up on this :)

No news on the food front, same as yesterday, still very tasty! :hungry:
And I feel pretty heroic, as I've just booked a one hour slot in the swimming pool tomorrow morning. They try to heat it to 20 degrees, but I doubt if they'll have managed that. Min. temp tonight will be around freezing point (it already is, judging by the snow and hail which hasn't disappeared), max temp will be 5 degrees. Wind will be 6 to 7 Bft.
Five tickets are sold for that time slot, including mine, and I doubt if everyone will show up :hilarious:

Onlinecaroline

Lunch - Carb Zone Wrap with tuna Mayo, tiny bit of red onion and cheese. Was the closest I’ll come to a panini which was great!

Dinner: Another Indian takeaway but keeping it low carb with saag paneer and garlic chicken tikka.

Probably some chocolate with a tea later! Back then proper cooking tomorrow. Been off the wagon this weekend but have kept it minimal carb as possible

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: lamb roasted with garlic and Rosemary, broccoli, green beans, carrots and brussels with one tiny roast potato and gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A nearly back to normal Easter here today. Visitors!
Canapés based on egg muffins with corned beef shells
Salmon stuffed with cucumber and mustard served with brocoli and carrots. New potatoes for the non diabetics.
Lc cheesecake with cream and berries
A glass white wine

Later coconut muffin and some dark chocolate

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
Lunch, mozzerella, sundried tomato and salad, two dinky posh dogs. SLC hot cross bun
Dinner, Roast chicken, fine beans, carrots, onions in vinegar, home made gravy,and a few tiny roasties. Strawberries and thick cream.
Lots of tea and a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi, a square of green and blacks mint.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Missed posting since before Easter. Good Friday we had oven baked salmon & salads. The first meet of our clan of 6 in 15 months and the sun shone down on us alfresco. Saturday lunch was leftover salmon and dressed crab. Proved to self that taste and smell very intermittent since Covid 6 months ago as couldnt appreciate difference of brown and white meat. Supper was Indian t/a cauli bhajee and tandoori King Prawns for me. Sunday was bbq because Mr PM and No 1 son wanted to do it together with a beer in hand. Who am I to object only as usual I overate on meat.
Monday Baked Greek Lamb with lemons, parsley & garlic (Delia Cheat Book) and roasted Med veg. Made big pot of green veg soup yesterday for lunches since so cold, flurries of snow about. Tonight pizza for the boys and cheese & tomato omelette for me.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After a bit too much easter indulgence, I enjoyed a 3 hour walk this morning, fasted.
L: salmon, a bit of cheese, a nut bar and a coconut muffin with cream and berries
D: reheated veg with a bit of cheese. A Berry cheesecake

Reactions: maglil55 and Tori71

Onlinecaroline

OMAD + today

Cup of tea and an almond butter cookie.

Dinner - Beef Fajitas with pepper and a little onion, inside a car zone wrap with sour cream, homemade guacamole and jalapeños. A DGF lemon cake and a cuppa.

Spent most of the day cleaning which made the OMAD much easier.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: carbonara made with Explore Cuisine edamame ‘spaghetti’ followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday bed 7 FBG 6.9. What a palaver to get into the forum. Made it now though. Excellent looking chicken @Goonergal and lamb sounds great @DJC3 but, since we had lamb last week, we needed a change.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea.
L. Nothing
D. Usual campari and soda. The lobster rather expanded! I added some scallops and tiger prawns but with a traditional thermidor sauce and topped with a mix of parmesan and gruyere. 2 squares of 85%. I was going to make creme brulee but got engrossed in tidying kitchen drawers/cupboards again. I also gave the downstairs bathroom a really good clean. We're having to use it with the upstairs shower waiting to be replaced and the black floor tiles downstairs are a nightmare. My fishy dish was really enjoyable though.

Monday bed 6.6 FBG was also 6.6. In between running DIL to eye appointments and back I tackled a mound of ironing. Much as I love home schooling I don't get much else done.

L. SLC hot cross bun, warm with butter melting on it.
D. Pork chop with grilled mozzarella and a cauliflower/broccoli souffle thingy. 2 squares 85%.

Overdid the ironing a bit and ended up having to dose up on paracetamol. I desperately need a haircut but it seems I can get it done next week.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Went swimming this morning because the (heated) pool has reopened so what do I care about snow and hail :hilarious:
It was an interesting experience, especially as it was only just above freezing and we had a couple of proper hailstorms :)
No need for extra food this time, I started a bit higher than I like, but that also meant I ended perfectly in the 4's with a stable line. Good thing too, as my Libre refused to read with the cold, and I refused to get out of the pool for a fingerprick.

Evening meal was very nice, and very low carb. Pepper stuffed with the last of the creamy garlicky mushrooms, portobello stuffed with tuna melt batter :hungry:.

170316890_10223246218298096_8769064001405995762_n.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday bed 7 FBG 6.9. What a palaver to get into the forum. Made it now though. Excellent looking chicken @Goonergal and lamb sounds great @DJC3 but, since we had lamb last week, we needed a change.
L. Nothing
D. Usual campari and soda. The lobster rather expanded! I added some scallops and tiger prawns but with a traditional thermidor sauce and topped with a mix of parmesan and gruyere. 2 squares of 85%. I was going to make creme brulee but got engrossed in tidying kitchen drawers/cupboards again. I also gave the downstairs bathroom a really good clean. We're having to use it with the upstairs shower waiting to be replaced and the black floor tiles downstairs are a nightmare. My fishy dish was really enjoyable though.

Monday bed 6.6 FBG was also 6.6. In between running DIL to eye appointments and back I tackled a mound of ironing. Much as I love home schooling I don't get much else done.

L. SLC hot cross bun, warm with butter melting on it.
D. Pork chop with grilled mozzarella and a cauliflower/broccoli souffle thingy. 2 squares 85%.

Overdid the ironing a bit and ended up having to dose up on paracetamol. I desperately need a haircut but it seems I can get it done next week.
My goodness that lobster+ sounds gorgeous! So does the pork chop with mozzarella, I hadn’t thought of doing that, reckon it’d be a good test for the new airfryer.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday - today (at least I think it's today!) Bed 7.2 FBG 6. I didn't learn my lesson from yesterday. Today I tackled the upstairs bathroom with a thorough clean into all the nooks and crannies. Not a good idea with vertigo! Had to lie down and does up on paracetamol again. Tomorrow I'll stick to the tidying of the kitchen cupboards to get things back where they should be.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with duck pate.
L. SLC hot cross bun warm with melted butter. Another TAG.
D. Those beef wraps stuffed with sliced peppers and onion and a chilli sauce. Broccoli/cauliflower souffle. 2 squares 85%.

I've recovered now from the upstairs bathroom clean thankfully.