What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 how are your magnesium levels? Could also be behind the headaches/migraines?
I do supplement magnesium :)
Think this one was either visual or sugar related. It was the same day and time as one 2-3 weeks before that was caused by new glasses.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
not posting food as have streaming cold. Normal service will resume soon I hope

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday (May 10th)

Breakfast: 0% Greek yogurt with strawberries, black coffee
Lunch (12pm): Chicken fajita "bowl" with cheese and salsa (all homemade)
Dinner (8pm): 4 pork ribs from Costco deli/rotisserie, dry rub (no sauce), roasted mushrooms stuffed with Boursin cheese
Snack (11pm) - 1/4 cup peanuts, more 0% yogurt with blueberries

Lunch and evening walks totaled 8.4km

Reactions: Mrs T 123 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First meal at 3pm after lunchtime Hiit session in the park - it was cold and very wet and pretty miserable really and I was glad when it was over. Home to 2 airfried chicken thighs a spoonful of kimchi and 1/2 avocado.
Dinner was LoDough pizza topped with chorizo, artichoke hearts, red pepper and olives. A few raspberries and 100% chocolate drops to follow.
No yoghurt today, thanks to @Goonergal for pointing out the galactose effect. I’m hoping the horrible post meal spikes might calm down a bit now.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First meal at 3pm after lunchtime Hiit session in the park - it was cold and very wet and pretty miserable really and I was glad when it was over. Home to 2 airfried chicken thighs a spoonful of kimchi and 1/2 avocado.
Dinner was LoDough pizza topped with chorizo, artichoke hearts, red pepper and olives. A few raspberries and 100% chocolate drops to follow.
No yoghurt today, thanks to @Goonergal for pointing out the galactose effect. I’m hoping the horrible post meal spikes might calm down a bit now.

Could you or @Goonergal please link to that discussion on galactose if you could? For the life of me, I can't find it, and I am finding that I spike on 1/2 or 3/4 cup greek yogurt that only contains 6g carbs. Thanks :)

Reactions: DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and a cheese less mushroom omelette, some left over green veggies for breakfast.
Chicken drumsticks for lunch, some low carb lemon jelly and greek yoghurt for lunch.
Rib fillet and green veggies, gravy.

That's a low fibre menu.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's menu (Wednesday 12.05.2021) will be these liquid meals.

Breakfast at 07:30.

W8gLQ1W.jpg

Lunch at 13:00 pm, extra sides with this one from the Go-Kit

hJq60Kw.jpg

For dinner at 15:00 pm, another of the Pico's where my eyes might be out of focus as well.

pXHWVSe.jpg

I can have various liquid drinks such as black coffee, tea, clear soup, cordial and lelly (not green red or blue), upto 06:00 am on Thursday morning. By that time my insides will be sparkly clean ready for me to front up at the base hospital at 07:30 am for the procedure.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: bacon melts with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: DJC3 and valuator

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 eggs mashed up in a cup with butter and a little mayo. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - chicken & large salad. Raspberries on top of extra thick double cream with double cream drizzled over the top and grated 90% Lindtt on top. I got the creams for my DGF order but so far no sign of it being delivered tomorrow - hopefully not as late as Thursday like last week as I thought it was later because of the bank holiday but I don't know what has happened this week as they used to be delivered on a Tuesday which was ideal but I have not heard from them so I don't know what is happening - looks like nothing ...

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Breakfast, the usual mixed berries and yoghurt. Lunch 2 eggs scrambled with cheese and herbs, plus small apple quartered. Dinner was pot roast brisket with veg and cabbage.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you, I’ve no idea how to link a thread ( I use the app so I’m not sure it’s even possible)
On my PC I simply go to the thread I want to link and copy whatever is in the search bar to paste it wherever I want to post.
If I want to link to a specific post I right click the number below a post to copy the link.

I have no idea how to do it on the app, but perhaps @searley knows, he uses the app :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DJC3 and valuator

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday (May 11th)

Breakfast (8am): 5 small breakfast sausage links, black coffee
Lunch (12pm): Chicken fajita "bowl" with cheese and salsa (all homemade)
Snack (3pm): 0% Greek yogurt with strawberries, black coffee
Dinner (6pm): 4 pork ribs from Costco deli/rotisserie, dry rub (no sauce), leftover chicken, peppers, and onion
Snack (10pm) - A few spoonfuls of homemade Sloppy Joe sauce (ground beef and tomato paste, seasoning

Walked 6.67km, evenly divided between after lunch and late evening. YTD total of 585.82km.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm having an adventurous day today, foodwise :)

The plan was to have string beans (the flat and long ones, I get confused by google translate on the translations of different kinds of green coloured beans, feel free to enlighten me :)) and halloumi, but then I fried half the halloumi to eat on a slice of LC seed bread. So now there's not enough left for a decent meal.

I decided to make an experimental and adventurous filling for raw tomatoes to go with the beans and the leftover halloumi. This will involve eggs so I went over to my neighbour to ask for some eggs.
When I came in he was just cooking some coot eggs he found so he asked if I wanted to try one. Coot eggs taste nice, but different from chicken eggs, very interesting!

I will update you on the exciting filled tomatoes, provided they turn out to be edible. :D

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's menu (Wednesday 12.05.2021) will be these liquid meals.

Breakfast at 07:30.

W8gLQ1W.jpg

Lunch at 13:00 pm, extra sides with this one from the Go-Kit

hJq60Kw.jpg

For dinner at 15:00 pm, another of the Pico's where my eyes might be out of focus as well.

pXHWVSe.jpg

I can have various liquid drinks such as black coffee, tea, clear soup, cordial and lelly (not green red or blue), upto 06:00 am on Thursday morning. By that time my insides will be sparkly clean ready for me to front up at the base hospital at 07:30 am for the procedure.
Don’t envy you that Riva but needs must. Hope it all goes well for you.

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: Balti chicken curry and cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t envy you that Riva but needs must. Hope it all goes well for you.
People say Metformin is bad, this stuff leaves that in the dust for staying close to the toilet at home.

I took the three tablets with some low carb jelly, the drinks were pretty sour to the taste but palatable like putting a bit of salt on lemon.