What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did go ahead with my HbA1c on Friday as my DM said that I could retake it in 3 months if a week on antibiotics or Covid 19 jabs had messed up the numbers.

Just got email from DM. HbA1c was 35 - so there was absolutely no need to worry about it. It also looks like it didn't matter about the high fbs as the rest of the time numbers are fine.

Cholesterol down to 4.7 from 5.6. So another marker that is good. I think the 5.6 was the result of the vat loads of cream. Blood pressure reading was really good also.

Since starting the P;E. Diet on 1st April I have had an increased feeling of wellness = as though my body really is working much better by prioritising protein - rather than vat loads of cream.
Congratulations you little superstar. Amazing results. We are not worthy - well me anyhow.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Whoops I nearly forgot my Fbg and painting with all this key toggling discussion....

Fbg 6.7

I was going to do this cherry blossom in iPastel app, but the colour dropper tool has been removed, or it is another casualty of the the latest Apple update on the iPad which has rendered several art apps totally unusable or defunct in certain features like saving your digital paintings.

So I was working in iPastel, then moved it to Procreate, then back again...
I spent too long on it. It was meant to be enjoyable. But ended up hard work to get what I wanted. I finished it, but then I didn't like it, and used one of my saved versions from an hour previously.

But it wasn't wasted time. I learnt some valuable information on how to create a different effect between layers...

Now back down the rabbit hole of symbols...

View attachment 49452
I love the colours and the way the sunlight shimmers on the cherry blossom.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did go ahead with my HbA1c on Friday as my DN said that I could retake it in 3 months if a week on antibiotics or Covid 19 jabs had messed up the numbers.

Just got email from DN. HbA1c was 35 - so there was absolutely no need to worry about it. It also looks like it didn't matter about the high fbs as the rest of the time numbers are fine.

Cholesterol down to 4.7 from 5.6. So another marker that is good. I think the 5.6 was the result of the vat loads of cream. Blood pressure reading was really good also.

Since starting the P;E. Diet on 1st April I have had an increased feeling of wellness = as though my body really is working much better by prioritising protein - rather than vat loads of cream.
Great results - congratulations this P:E is working well for you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

I was working on a digital painting with similar colours as yesterday only doing the full trees. I was working on changing it and moving the things in the painting around, but it never quite worked in my eyes. I liked it but I didn't like it, in equal measures.

Finally I converted my digital painting into mono. Now I like it very much! It is much more mystical.

I started it as a pastel in iPastel, and then put it into Procreate, and was working back-and-forth for a bit. There's about a couple of hours work in this painting.

The female blackbird is doing her flypast back-and-forth over my camouflage thatched roof on my swing leaving her daily messages. The messages may be white, but they're definitely not messages of surrender… And I have a greattit pecking away at the suet balls in the bird feeder, but is now being divebombed by the female blackbird.

9792DC3F-F087-46E4-8261-BF9DA3DF271A.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, an exhibition of cloud formations is on the go here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken in a cream and mushroom sauce came in a5 5.2 this am.

Mrs Miggins and her twin were out for a posh afternoon tea yesterday at an equally posh venue - a birthday gift from our daughter last year but only now able to use. She reports that only half the available tables were in use. Cool.

Our news reporters are working hard this morning reminding us what the insides of pubs, restaurants, child play areas an all manner of ancient archeological sites look like. Thank goodness we have such a dedicated team of entertainers usefully spending our licence fee.

Rotterdam - Eurovision - Noooooooooooo!

Second jab booked for Saturday but I am exercising caution, my imaginary dog. “Caution” is the new kid on the political scene - voted the best word since Gordon Brown’s “prudence”, nicked from The White Album.

Art today about 7x4 inches on quite thick but raw rice paper. Have a wonderful day, koffy time.

upload_2021-5-18_6-37-30.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

I was working on a digital painting with similar colours as yesterday only doing the full trees. I was working on changing it and moving the things in the painting around, but it never quite worked in my eyes. I liked it but I didn't like it, in equal measures.

Finally I converted my digital painting into mono. Now I like it very much! It is much more mystical.

I started it as a pastel in iPastel, and then put it into Procreate, and was working back-and-forth for a bit. There's about a couple of hours work in this painting.

The female blackbird is doing her flypast back-and-forth over my camouflage thatched roof on my swing leaving her daily messages. The messages may be white, but they're definitely not messages of surrender… And I have a greattit pecking away at the suet balls in the bird feeder, but is now being divebombed by the female blackbird.

View attachment 49460
Great, moody, monochrome. Lots of interest, follow the path into that enticing glade.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone, an exhibition of cloud formations is on the go here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken in a cream and mushroom sauce came in a5 5.2 this am.

Mrs Miggins and her twin were out for a posh afternoon tea yesterday at an equally posh venue - a birthday gift from our daughter last year but only now able to use. She reports that only half the available tables were in use. Cool.

Our news reporters are working hard this morning reminding us what the insides of pubs, restaurants, child play areas an all manner of ancient archeological sites look like. Thank goodness we have such a dedicated team of entertainers usefully spending our licence fee.

Second jab booked for Saturday but I am exercising caution, my imaginary dog. “Caution” is the new kid on the political scene - voted the best word since Gordon Brown’s “prudence”, nicked from The White Album.

Art today about 7x4 inches on quite thick but raw rice paper. Have a wonderful day, koffy time.

View attachment 49461
This is brilliant @dunelm
The colours are vibrant. The painting is structural. Amazing perspectives. It works on every level.
I love it!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did go ahead with my HbA1c on Friday as my DN said that I could retake it in 3 months if a week on antibiotics or Covid 19 jabs had messed up the numbers.

Just got email from DN. HbA1c was 35 - so there was absolutely no need to worry about it. It also looks like it didn't matter about the high fbs as the rest of the time numbers are fine.

Wow, brilliant, congratulations.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

View attachment 49460
The fun off digital art being able to make everything black and white, excellent.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 49461
Fantastic view point and perspective you have given to the Mountain Range. Rugged as it is there is something pastoral about this scene, perhaps the colours help but I feel it's more than just colour achieving the feel.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today? Stuffed Aubergine and salad for meal yesterday so I expected lower.

Bright day here so I'm sneaking in another Muddy Cycle ride then what I know not.

Keep safe find the good things your day offers.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic view point and perspective you have given to the Mountain Range. Rugged as it is there is something pastoral about this scene, perhaps the colours help but I feel it's more than just colour achieving the feel.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - I hadn’t thought about it being pastoral. I wonder if it has to do with the inclusion of buildings.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today? Stuffed Aubergine and salad for meal yesterday so I expected lower.

Bright day here so I'm sneaking in another Muddy Cycle ride then what I know not.

Keep safe find the good things your day offers.
Never waste a bright day

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to Tuesday in Suffolk - just but still in the IP postcode area. Staggered - literally - around stabbing the Pness and Tee 2 offered up 5.9. Records show back in the Durasic age when Stabbosaurus and Excel roamed the earth fbg average was approximately 5.31667. New Swipey tonight, this is too much of a faff. LC tabouleh and gammon yesterday - worked well but no idea of impact as I CBA to stab pre and post meal - a tad barbaric IMHO. Congratulations again @Krystyna23040. Loving the monochrome artwork @gennepher and the colour piece @dunelm. @Muddy Cyclist hug for higher fbg - I've never seen the point of aubergine as food but do love a pair of aubergine chinos.;)
Thank you very much @Krystyna23040 for the lovely compliment.
:)
Reminded me of this - well, le soleil brille and all that. (Lyrics here Genn.) I/we looked remarkably like this - Eagles - at UNI (some stunning moustaches on the gels) - tempus fugit etc, etc. 130 gms protein yesterday - oooh, I could crush a grape.;)

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who don't worship at the altar of political correctness, but that's another story and not for this heavily moderated site.

An interesting 7.2 this morning, that meter is pushing it's luck......

Today here in Tilehurst Towers a new garage is scheduled to be fitted, this door will require electrickery, me and me's hope this new door will not require the application of brain cells, if it does then me and me's are screwed. For the artistic, the door is white, not coloured in any way shape or form, colours were available, but Mrs J is going through one of her black and white phases.

Day two of the new reality, best for me and me's to avoid the media congregating outside pub and restaurant doors, well fellow posters, painters and gamers it's time to take medication and rearrange the dirt on my face ie wash and clean my teeth.

Have a great day and please stay safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 fbs this morning. 2 hours after breakfast 6.2. Note to liver and pancreas - 'I think you have got this the wrong way round because blood sugars go up after eating 12g of carbs, not down'. Reply from liver and pancreas - ' just ignore it. We know what we are doing.'

Yesterday I tackled the heap of paperwork on the dining room table. Luckily most of it could be binned. It is so nice to see the dining room tidy again.

Picked up 4 boxes of Rapid Lateral Flow Tests yesterday. We both tested negative. So all OK for classes back at our local venues tomorrow. A phased start back because Norwich doesn't start back until 7th June.