1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UserABC2021, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

@gennepher yes, your painting is very mystical. I do like it.

We now have blackbirds nesting in our garden. We have been watching them bringing in the nesting material this morning.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  2. Krystyna23040

Thank you. I was so happy when I read the email from my DN.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  3. Krystyna23040

P.E. is definitely working for me.

I checked my online records this morning and all the other tests were in normal range. So I am completely normal - or maybe Normal for Norfolk.

I was really pleased to see that although I am now coded as Diabetes Resolved my excellent DN has added that I am to be tested annually because I am at high risk of developing diabetes.

• Winner Winner x 7
  4. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

Interesting upward journey of your fbg on P:E but glorious end point on HbA1c and being resolved. However, will us mere mortals see the same results?. Only asking for a friend you understand. Personally, I'm totally chillaxed;) My resting pulse and sleep seem to enjoy more protein. I don't have much muscle these days - comparatively large neck still - so Lord knows if they are benefiting. Perhaps Mr K should have a quiet word about talking to your body parts - that tends to argue against the normal diagnosis in all parts of the known world;). Gel I knew (called Felicity, obs) did swear she said "I must, I must improve my bust" every day. Outstanding results;)

• Like Like x 7
    #44764 ianpspurs, May 18, 2021 at 10:20 AM
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
  5. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist
    :)

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  6. gennepher

Thanks for the lyrics @ianpspurs

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  7. ianpspurs

It is all too, too much. I just finished (low and in the corner) trying to talk Harry Kane (such a wonderful young man) into staying with Spurs when this state of national emergency hove into view:bigtears: Can't be true we are Global Britain (minus Scotland obs). Flammin meedja, wokery gawn mad, elf-n-safeteee - rejoice I tell ya. Roll out the barrel. (Hmm, 2 Fedos atop a giant Mr Whippy cone with a triple Jägerbomb side sounds like a plan if I ever leave the reservation):angelic:

• Funny Funny x 6
    #44767 ianpspurs, May 18, 2021 at 2:29 PM
  8. gennepher

Thank you @Krystyna23040
    It is interesting watching them...

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Always thought Caution was a police dog?
    If you got bitten you had been Cautioned!

• Funny Funny x 7
  10. lindisfel

I am a little worried about the kids who live in that cottage on the edge of the abyss!

• Funny Funny x 7
  11. ianpspurs

A caution, in my part of The Fens, was a simple person - usage = He/she is a proper caution. Talking of caution as in eat in pubs/but only eat outside and are vaccinated twice this seems to nail matters. Yes, I'm Uni educated, wokish and "clustered" amongst similar so shoot me already but I can spot a snake oil salesman..

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    #44771 ianpspurs, May 18, 2021 at 3:44 PM
  12. lindisfel

We just had village idiots! But I would not say that nowadays, its too politically incorrect. D.

• Funny Funny x 7
  13. ianpspurs

They've been repurposed to the cabinet and rebadged. Just call them minister and you'll be fine.;)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good afternoon all :)

4.5 today

it's chucking it down with rain here so we celebrated the day by taking a load of stuff to the recycling depot :hilarious:

Picked up mum's shopping list ready for tomorrow and made a cinnamon and orange LC sponge this afternoon.
    I don't think I shall give up wearing my mask for shopping anytime very soon, we get a lot of tourists from the Glasgow and Edinburgh areas and the Glasgow area seems to have a cluster of the new 'India' variant :sorry: discretion is the better part of valour I think ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@lindisfel - idiots aka-'barmpots' where I grew up ;)

@dunelm - the pale yellow rice paper makes a pleasing subtle background for your landscape, amazing how much scale you have managed to get in so small an area :)

Your landscape today is fantastic, you have a real way with rocky crags, so much depth and balance, they always look so weighty and the colours add an effective highlight :joyful:

Congrats to your grandaughters they must be well pleased :)

@gennepher - two completely different and contrasting pictures, the first is all light and those blossoms look like they would sway if you breathed on them :joyful: the second monocromatic one has so much mystery, it's quite enigmatic, I like them both very much.

@Krystyna23040 - very well done for your latest blood test results, you must be justifiably pleased :) It looks as if the PE diet is suiting you well.

@Muddy Cyclist - so good to spend time outdoors now the weather is improving isn't it? and seeing nature come back to life prompts the imagination :)

art bit -
    this is done on a paper called 'Britannia' by Hahnemuhle ( 300gsm lignin/acid free cellulose I believe)
    I got some to try because it uses a different type of size to my regular paper (starch instead of gelatine). It is 'matte' texture which is supposed to be the equivalent of cold pressed but it seems a bit smoother than most.
    The paper seems to handle water/washes in a slightly odd way, not as I'm used to, though I do like it. I shall continue to experiment ;)

upload_2021-5-18_16-4-4.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ianpspurs

Not sure I understand a single word of the art lesson, sorry miss, but I love the picture. Pale blue, wonder why I like that colour so much?;)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Sometimes I see Caution horses being transported - I wonder what they look like?

• Funny Funny x 7
  17. dunelm

I will have “a pint of lager with a hailstone top, please,” then let to to South Georgia for a snowball fight.

• Funny Funny x 7
  18. dunelm

We rounded a good number of them up and posted them to London but I fear that some senior idiot may have plans to move the ones in the counting house up towards Darlington - that should get the housing market moving in an unaffordable upward direction. “Oh yes, we bought the whole terrace and knocked it through. Got the idea from an old Beatles film called ‘Help!’.”

• Funny Funny x 7
  19. dunelm

Do keep hold of the rain, thank you. How much of it can you take to the recycling centre each time?
    Thank you for your kind comments. I quite enjoy working on a small scale. Britannia by Hahnemuhle - sounds like we need tickets. I like the way you have cut that pale yellow horizon through the piece and continued the light through those slits in the cloud and then pushed the theme down onto the land and into the water. Smashing.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ianpspurs

I'm just assuming that is all friendly. I do hope it is not some kind of argot, like cockerney rhyming slang, for class A?;)

• Funny Funny x 7
    #44780 ianpspurs, May 18, 2021 at 5:02 PM
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook