What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Early breakfast to get ready for my blood test: sausages and eggs with tea.

Trying to do without lunch but we shall see.

Next meal: will be boiled brisket with vegetables. Just about to put the brisket on for about 3 hours.

Amazingly, the nurse managed to get blood on her first try - that's very unusual for me, despite all my efforts to do the right things to make it easier to get blood. Back in time for my hairdresser to arrive and trim my hair back - looks reasonable now. No 2 son and DIL just popped in with Em's newfie (Banksie) he has also been shorn for the summer - his hair was even worse than mine but now we can see just how big he really is. Not too happy with a big dog slobbering over me and my kitchen! Yuk!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Good to see you again. Are you back in France yet?
I love cauliflower roast with cumin!
@DJC3
Back home in Normandy. We were away for seven months so a bit of tidying up and light dusting required.
We had four rainy days, then the sun came out. The grass loved it, in two weeks has grown from knee high to waist height.
Am occupied from morning to nightfall, mostly in the garden, but if you pop over to Off Topic Chat FGB, there are some more details and pics there.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling a bit groggy and nauseous from some heavy painkillers I'm on. Didnt really want anything but they have to be taken with food, so
B: ff greek with seeds and 2 strawberries
L: 2 slices chorizo with cucumber, lettuce and tablespoon coleslaw. Pack of Cheesies
D: thai Green chicken curry with green beans. 2 strawberries

Libre has finished but did show me at 7 all through last night, assume is the tablets/pain as I've been averaging 4-5

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: chicken drum stix, Brie, coleslaw and leafy salad followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Such an enjoyable food day for me today. I thank my lucky stars I’m not still struggling with slimming world/ weight watchers.
B: cold platter of prosciutto, chorizo and cheese https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/breakfast-tapas/servings/1
L: salad of fresh salmon, prawns and avocado with a lovely lime dressing. https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/seafood-salad-with-avocado/servings/1
D: the most fabulous ribeye steak from local pastured beef farm. Roast broccoli, cherry toms and garlic butter. https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-rib-eye-steak-oven-roasted-vegetables/servings/2 Couple of glasses red wine. I’m in heaven.
That’s a huge number of calories too, good thing I’m not counting.
@SlimLizzy ‘a little light dusting’ LOL I will catch up on your news on the other thread.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling a bit groggy and nauseous from some heavy painkillers I'm on. Didnt really want anything but they have to be taken with food, so
B: ff greek with seeds and 2 strawberries
L: 2 slices chorizo with cucumber, lettuce and tablespoon coleslaw. Pack of Cheesies
D: thai Green chicken curry with green beans. 2 strawberries

Libre has finished but did show me at 7 all through last night, assume is the tablets/pain as I've been averaging 4-5
Sorry for the grogginess and nausea, even more so for the need for heavy painkillers. Hope you recover quickly.

Reactions: MrsA2

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Usual bacon and cheese omelette, tomatoes for breakfast.
Cuppa soup and a low crarb wrap with ham and salad for lunch.
A mild chicken curry and a small portion of reheated cooked rice.

Got a nice surprise with our online shopping yesterday they gave us a 1 ltr container of coffee gelato (from the same mob that the sorbet) shame it's full of carbs as it is very nice to taste.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/823887/gelativo-gelato-coffee

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast: two eggs scrambled with butter,2× CWC
Mid morning another CWC, two biscuits.
Then later Lemon tea

Lunch pâté and toast, salad, sugar free squash, tea.
Dinner very late, pork chop, celeriac, mushrooms and peppers. Wine in abundance, we are both exhausted.
Later I scoffed some cheese.
Bedtime lemon tea
Sorry about the underlining

Last edited:

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
About 12oz beef , greens, a couple blackberries, flaxseeds, a tiny bit of dressing

C315A2E4-6301-4BB9-8A47-AE030C137A16.jpeg

Rach612

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: X2 medium fried eggs and I bacon back rasher
Lunch: x2 chicken drumsticks 40g lettuce and some olive oil over it. With tea with 5ml of no added sugars milk.

Reactions: Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Brunch: beef and vegetable hash
2nd meal: will be another helping of the chicken and veg bake I made the other day.

Yesterday I boiled my beef brisket and vegetables, following instructions from a recipe. I don't know why I decided to do this because I never do like boiled meat of any kind, but I just took a fancy to the idea. Shouldn't have bothered. Not only has it reminded me how little I like boiled meat, but also how little I enjoy the texture of boiled beef. So today I have turned it into something like a traditional corned beef - well blitzed in the food processor and with added butter - there was very little fat on the meat in the first place and I happen to think that corned beef requires a decent amount of fat. It's currently setting in the fridge and I'll check it in a couple of days to see how much like corned beef it has become. At least the vegetables and gravy tasted fine for yesterday's meal.

Reactions: maglil55

Sarahjane41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Rude people
Busibodies
Tuna and crab stick salad with vinaigrette dressing

Slimming world Korean beef noddles added extra chicken

3 sugar free biscuits

1 sugar free jelly

Started testing my bloods today too 7.5 before food and 8.3 after I dont know when to do them ??????

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started testing my bloods today too 7.5 before food and 8.3 after I dont know when to do them ??????

Ideally immediately before you start eating and then 2 hours after the first bite. Test meals/foods until you’re sure they’re ‘safe’ i.e. giving a rise of no more than 2 mmols at the two hour point.

Reactions: Sarahjane41

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast two eggs scrambled with butter.
2 X CWC
CwC 2 dark chocolate biscuits
Lunch pâté, potato salad, cheese and salad. Cup of tea, sugar free squash.
Cup of tea
Dinner a version of Salad Niçoise and some more potato salad. Several glasses of wine.
After yesterday we are both shattered. It was hard to get going, but eventually the poor little Leeklets were planted, along with 4 celeriac, and a row of mixed colour beetroot for MrSlim.
Found a baby hedgehog, it has taken itself off for a walk and hidden inside the wall. Am a bit concerned as there are probably miles of beetle infested rat tunnels - will it ever come out again ? MrSlim is planning to concrete up that hole....

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and a Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF orange jelly, cream and LC chocolate and ginger granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still very groggy drowsy and nauseous from these pain killers. Seriously thinking putting up with the pain might be better.

B: ff greek with 2 tablespoons seeds and 2 strawberries
L: packet of Cheesies and a scoop of coffee ice cream
D: bbq, one kofta, 2 pieces pork belly and green salad

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day began well with black coffee all morning. No hunger for a nice change so no breakfast

Lunch was same as yesterday DD seafood snd avocado salad.

All went to pot a bit when we went round eldest daughter’s this aft and she cracked the chilled white wine while we were sitting in the garden. I don’t usually drink white - it’s way too easy to drink too much.
Home for a late dinner of a beef bomb ( from the local beef farm yesterday) - pure beef patty filled with peppercorn sauce and wrapped in bacon. Steamed broccoli with it and a glass of red. Too much wine, a waste of calories.
T2 cocoa tea now which is hitting the spot and stopping me reaching for the peanuts and snacks.
@SlimLizzy do you have wildlife rescue charities there? Hedgehogs shouldn’t be out in the daytime, especially hoglets. It usually means they starving and looking for food.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Day began well with black coffee all morning. No hunger for a nice change so no breakfast

Lunch was same as yesterday DD seafood snd avocado salad.

All went to pot a bit when we went round eldest daughter’s this aft and she cracked the chilled white wine while we were sitting in the garden. I don’t usually drink white - it’s way too easy to drink too much.
Home for a late dinner of a beef bomb ( from the local beef farm yesterday) - pure beef patty filled with peppercorn sauce and wrapped in bacon. Steamed broccoli with it and a glass of red. Too much wine, a waste of calories.
T2 cocoa tea now which is hitting the spot and stopping me reaching for the peanuts and snacks.
@SlimLizzy do you have wildlife rescue charities there? Hedgehogs shouldn’t be out in the daytime, especially hoglets. It usually means they starving and looking for food.
There are some charities, I have contacted one lady who is reasonably close, she advised, dried cat food water and a pile of hay. We can did all those .

Reactions: Annb and DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages, bacon, cheese and mushroom omelette for breakfast.
Homemade fish cakes for lunch.
Pea and ham soup, and some garlic bread for dinner.

We got some graet bacon hocks for the soup from the local butcher, two front and one rear ends for $20.00. Cooked for about 8 hours in the slow cooker.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Still very groggy drowsy and nauseous from these pain killers. Seriously thinking putting up with the pain might be better.

B: ff greek with 2 tablespoons seeds and 2 strawberries
L: packet of Cheesies and a scoop of coffee ice cream
D: bbq, one kofta, 2 pieces pork belly and green salad

@MrsA2 Have you contacted your pharmacist or doctor about the side effects from the pain killers? Either may have helpful suggestions.
Really hoping you get some relief soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Antje77