What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 which is a good result for me these days! @mojo37 so pleased for you, great work! I also find Libre reads higher than my Codefree but I do like the trending line. Had a 3 hour lunch out yesterday with friends and it was so reassuring I could see that my BG only changed less than 2 throughout.
Happy Sunday everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn't need to wake at 3.37 but Swipey claims my fbg was 4.3 @ 5.03 - who knows? Same basic menu as previous 7 days so is possible. Hot day in store here so morning watering done - part of nursing duties really. Good morning @karen8967. Raspberries? Part of my routine is a concoction of flaxseed, inulin, Fage 0% and 30 gms raspberries with 750 mls CWC and SF syrup (around 11 am). Some warm water to defrost raspberries and make a kind of porridge with the flaxsed. Needs some sweetener (drops) as frozen rasps are sour as swill. If I don't use full sugar syrup bg tends to stay flat or drop. Aim is to add protein and fibre.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 today, I think I know why though so won’t fret about it.
Well done for continuing nursing duties @ianpspurs I hope Julie is thriving under your care.
Great score today @Ryhia
Yay @PenguinMum things are moving in the right direction a 3 hr lunch with friends is a perfect tonic.
Thanks @DJC3 she may not thrive - even my worst enemies never accuse me of making folk thrive- but she's survived the first 10 days.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning after a big "test" yesterday. It was my first BBQ party. Wasn't too bad as there was plenty of meat and salad but I did miss having a burger in a bun a bit!
These are popular among members - refrigerate/freeze though.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 today, I think I know why though so won’t fret about it.
Well done for continuing nursing duties @ianpspurs I hope Julie is thriving under your care.
Great score today @Ryhia
Yay @PenguinMum things are moving in the right direction a 3 hr lunch with friends is a perfect tonic.
Didn't get around to eating supper yesterday, the childminding duties became more prolonged than anticipated so it was too late to eat when I got in. Still hunger has its rewards.

Reactions: DJC3

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 at 6AM. Broke fast at 64 hours yesterday. I tried the low carb pizza base from Amazon yesterday with some low carb mozzarella and usual toppings and I must admit, it was fantastic. Neither I nor my wife or daughter found it lacking in taste. It was like eating a thin crust pizza really and it took 10 minutes in oven. My sugar did not spike and so it must have low carbs as they claim on amazon.

Anyway its fasting day today.

but I did miss having a burger in a bun
You could give this recipe from Joe Duff a try... these turn out very good....

Have a great Sunday everyone. :)

Sydneyhorn

5.7 at 6AM. Broke fast at 64 hours yesterday. I tried the low carb pizza base from Amazon yesterday with some low carb mozzarella and usual toppings and I must admit, it was fantastic. Neither I nor my wife or daughter found it lacking in taste. It was like eating a thin crust pizza really and it took 10 minutes in oven. My sugar did not spike and so it must have low carbs as they claim on amazon.

Anyway its fasting day today.

You could give this recipe from Joe Duff a try... these turn out very good....

Have a great Sunday everyone. :)

Thanks. I'll give them ago. That pizza base sounds good too!

Reactions: nutribolt

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 on finger prick
Having to get back in routine after a month of libre, which was useful and informative. Only do fasting bg on finger pricks

dawny1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My first reading is always around 10....having trouble at the mo , due to high readings I have been put on Glyclazide, I was on Metformin, I keep an eye on Carbs, as they send my
figures so high, I thought with reducing carbs (and everything else) my weight would have come down but this has not happened, any suggestions please

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My first reading is always around 10....having trouble at the mo , due to high readings I have been put on Glyclazide, I was on Metformin, I keep an eye on Carbs, as they send my
figures so high, I thought with reducing carbs (and everything else) my weight would have come down but this has not happened, any suggestions please
You'll be better placed Starting another thread as this thread is for a small amount of discussion on fasting levels. Hopefully people can then help :)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 at 6AM, 34 hours into fasting. I will be eating today.

Yesterday was perhaps one of the toughest test of my will power. Lovely sunny day and we decided to hop onto the train to Liverpool and while all the walking was great for BG it also meant eating outside for wife and daughter so we went to Pizza Express and man was I tempted with those lovely smells and sights but I just had 3 cold coffees instead and felt real proud of myself.:):)

One important observation, while sitting outside my arm with libre sensor was facing sun and after a while sensor reading were going high and then when I switched side so it was in shade readings came closer to real thing. Has anyone else observed something similar?

Have a great start of the week everyone. :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 - it’ll do. Hay fever has been terrible this year, I thought I’d grown out of it but it’s back with a vengeance. I thought it would affect BGL more though.
@nutribolt I think Libre is quite temperature sensitive. When I went sea swimming in 11C water I got an error message afterwards ‘sensor too cold to scan’. I know some have reported errors after a hot shower too so I guess the sun on your arm had the same effect. Amazing self control btw.