What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One important observation, while sitting outside my arm with libre sensor was facing sun and after a while sensor reading were going high and then when I switched side so it was in shade readings came closer to real thing. Has anyone else observed something similar?

Yes! Can be quite a shocking rise. Sometimes happens in a hot shower too. Not wearing one and having a break from finger sticks so can’t post a FBG to stay on topic so best leave it at that.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 again third day, so close, so far to Fabulous 5s.
@nutribolt amazing sacrifice and control, I know I would have had at the least a bowl of olives! @dawny1958 hope you start another thread and get some help, it might just need reducing no of carbs daily, that happens a lot.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks - Scorchio yesterday and today in the Unexotic East. Swipey he say 5.00 - meh - @6,13 :woot: Summer, Scorchio, Sport, Shorts, Sockless and Salad - 6Ss pretty optimal for me - minus the S for Suffolk. Nothing wrong with Suffolk, this isn't the prettiest part - none of the pink cottages, but boy am I homesick for Cambs - all of 6 miles away. Slip, slap, slop, stay safe and hug elbow bump if you don't like the heat.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes! Can be quite a shocking rise. Sometimes happens in a hot shower too. Not wearing one and having a break from finger sticks so can’t post a FBG to stay on topic so best leave it at that.
Agree re shower - never tested in sun.

Reactions: nutribolt

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a 4.9 to start the work week. All good, and another scorcher. Stay safe in the sun!

Reactions: karen8967

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
So been performing "the pill experiment" on the advise of my consultant over the weekend as my HBA1c was down so much (in the 30s, down from 131), with a morning 4U of basal and 1000mg Metformin with breakfast and dinner.

This morning's fasting bloods: 5.9 :)

We're extending the experiment for the week but it's looking good. I'm in the 5s in the morning and hi 6s to low 7s by bed with no NovoRapid. Eating around 100g carbs a day (so 30,30,40 roughly).

The care team says to keep the bolas around so I can be flexible (so have the occasional meal out with friends, or to cover the cruise I'm on in July) but day to day I get to drop it. :)

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So been performing "the pill experiment" on the advise of my consultant over the weekend as my HBA1c was down so much (in the 30s, down from 131), with a morning 4U of basal and 1000mg Metformin with breakfast and dinner.

This morning's fasting bloods: 5.9 :)

We're extending the experiment for the week but it's looking good. I'm in the 5s in the morning and hi 6s to low 7s by bed with no NovoRapid. Eating around 100g carbs a day (so 30,30,40 roughly).

The care team says to keep the bolas around so I can be flexible (so have the occasional meal out with friends, or to cover the cruise I'm on in July) but day to day I get to drop it. :)
Amazing progress. Delighted for you. Enjoy the cruise.

Sarahjane41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Rude people
Busibodies
Good morning

I'm a bit higher this morning 7.7 but I did have some dark chocolate and a lot more fruit yesterday.

I do my trulicity injection today so I'm hoping it will balance out once I've ate something, I do suffer bloating but it's much better ive cut out bread that's the worst ive felt on them.

3 pounds off when I weighed this morning too, so happy monday all xxx

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning

I'm a bit higher this morning 7.7 but I did have some dark chocolate and a lot more fruit yesterday.

I do my trulicity injection today so I'm hoping it will balance out once I've ate something, I do suffer bloating but it's much better ive cut out bread that's the worst ive felt on them.

3 pounds off when I weighed this morning too :woot::woot:, so happy monday all xxx
Celebrate every success.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Not even going to say what libby libre gave me. Thought it was bedding in as yesterday morning it was only around .5 higher, by evening we were back to it showing over a whole point out, this morning, well wow! (might have been due to my lying on my arm) 5 mins later tried again and that showed 5.7, so looks like were back to being around .5 higher. Further observation required.