What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Another 5 Ss day for which I thank God. Initial 4.3 but 10 mins of Dawnybabe/Foot on Floor up to 4.7 (all Swipey readings.) Cooler last night so duvet back on and less sleep - not my environment when covered. @Ryhia interesting how Libby is higher for you and I assume mine is always 2 lower than Stabbo and 3 lower than A1c. Anyone else ever Swiped after the Loo? - monster rise for a while on my body.

Last edited:

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.2 this morning. Not even going to say what libby libre gave me. Thought it was bedding in as yesterday morning it was only around .5 higher, by evening we were back to it showing over a whole point out, this morning, well wow! (might have been due to my lying on my arm) 5 mins later tried again and that showed 5.7, so looks like were back to being around .5 higher. Further observation required.

5.8 this morning but feeling dizzy and unable to head into work (luckily I can WFH if I’m feeling better by 8:30).

Heart was a little fast too but has dropped down to numbers closer to normal.

May be unrelated to diabetes & Metformin (exercised as normal this morning but it’s pretty hot today) but contacting my diabetic nurse this morning just in case.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning but feeling dizzy and unable to head into work (luckily I can WFH if I’m feeling better by 8:30).

Heart was a little fast too but has dropped down to numbers closer to normal.

May be unrelated to diabetes & Metformin (exercised as normal this morning but it’s pretty hot today) but contacting my diabetic nurse this morning just in case.
Take care. Hope all is well later.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Another 5 Ss day for which I thank God. Initial 4.3 but 10 mins of Dawnybabe/Foot on Floor up to 4.7 (all Swipey readings.) Cooler last night so duvet back on and less sleep - not my environment when covered. @Ryhia interesting how Libby is higher for you and I assume mine is always 2 lower than Stabbo and 3 lower than A1c. Anyone else ever Swiped after the Loo - monster rise for a while on my body.
Yes, its all a bit confusing. Same with HbA1c,with that, my Tee2 always indicates a better result than I achieve. Then again half the time I forget to test.

Maybe we should all be checking our glucose levels after going to the loo, would make an interesting thread, but then again, maybe too much information LOL.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All clear from the Docs then ? - excellent news. Personal Trainer? We are not worthy;)

No, haven’t had OPD appointment through yet. Tbh I’ve no idea when or how I’ll find out results but for now I’m assuming no news is good news. I can’t drive until I get DVLA thumbs up but otherwise I’ll just try to be sensible!
PT is a lovely encouraging chap, I do need the motivation to get moving sometimes.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning!!! 4.5 today. Eating day so this is bound to go up.

Tbh I’ve no idea when or how I’ll find out results

I wonder if you know about the official NHS app (playstore link). I have been using it and on the app I can see all my test results, appointments etc.

Screenshot_20210616-055520.jpg

Hope this helps.

Have a great day everyone. :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning!!! 4.5 today. Eating day so this is bound to go up.

I wonder if you know about the official NHS app (playstore link). I have been using it and on the app I can see all my test results, appointments etc.

View attachment 50029

Hope this helps.

Have a great day everyone. :)

No I didn’t know about this, thank you! It’s not the same as the ‘patient access’ system is it? My previous GP surgery put all notes and results on there for people to access electronically, but they don’t use it here. I’ll investigate this later on. Much appreciated @nutribolt .

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sad 6.3 this morning after a measly 1500 Cals and 8 g carbs yesterday I was hoping for better.
I’m wondering if steak for dinner is the issue as I’m rarely below 6 the morning after steak. I was happily trundling along in the 5s all day but 3 hrs after dinner Libre showed a sudden increase and didn’t drop much all night. Hmm.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s not the same as the ‘patient access’ system is it?
I am not sure if it is or isnt... that patient access thing has been a joke at my surgery too but reports on this app seem to be managed through some integration of sorts.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3