What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Two very interesting posts from you today young lady. The post-covid world one sparked some thoughts. How soon will we forget how to deal with highly transmissible infections such as oh, I don't know, influenza? The chia/hemp seeds post did 2 things. Reminded me just how much of a fussy eater LC has made me (learning how to cope with fasting was a disaster) and just how I now view food as primarily functional. - just to be analysed then tested. I can't think either of those attitudes to food are a) what God intended and b) good for me. Hmm
Very interesting to read that LC changed your view on food. I used to love chicken and most protein foods (apart from eggs).

When I started LC in an effort to normalise my blood sugars I noticed that protein food increased my blood sugars and started cutting down on the amount I ate. Then it somehow changed to an aversion to protein and food like Ribeye steak that I used to love lots of - I couldn't eat more than 50g of at a time. My enjoyment of these foods was nil.

It was really weird. I had sort of brainwashed myself into hating them. Obviously I am easy to brainwash because I have managed to brainwash myself back to loving a 200g Ribeye steak.

Of course it was easy to brainwash myself into loving lovely food again but I could never like hemp seed protein powder - no matter how hard I tried. Nor marmite.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Very interesting to read that LC changed your view on food. I used to love chicken and most protein foods (apart from eggs).

When I started LC in an effort to normalise my blood sugars I noticed that protein food increased my blood sugars and started cutting down on the amount I ate. Then it somehow changed to an aversion to protein and food like Ribeye steak that I used to love lots of - I couldn't eat more than 50g of at a time. My enjoyment of these foods was nil.

It was really weird. I had sort of brainwashed myself into hating them. Obviously I am easy to brainwash because I have managed to brainwash myself back to loving a 200g Ribeye steak.

Of course it was easy to brainwash myself into loving lovely food again but I could never like hemp seed protein powder - no matter how hard I tried. Nor marmite.
I rather like marmite, famously always took a huge jar to breakfast in year one at Uni. Two of the big changes for me are avoiding roast meat and alcohol as much as possible. Quite hopeful that you have managed to brainwash yourself back into eating ribeye steak. That cut is probably our favourite. Haven't tried Portehouse - blue or not.

Reactions: jjraak

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

we had a lovely hot sunny day here so I got the tub planted up, I decided to put a small rosemary bush in the middle just to give a bit of structure :) then we sat and drank tea in the garden at Mum's when we collected her shopping list.

It has now clouded over and is cooling rapidly, if it doesn't rain we will have to water the plants in tubs this evening. It went from 9'C this morning to 19'C this afternoon and is now rapidly heading back towards 9'C again ;)

Two phone calls today, one from the cousin who visited Mum to say she got home safely, one from another cousin to say his son had passed away from liver disease earlier this morning. It's been a strange day :sorry:

hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher - a very fine picture of the badger, strange that it should be more curious than frightened :)

@SlimLizzy - Errant obviously takes his guardian duties seriously :)

@dunelm - lovely trees with a fine graphic quality against those mountains, I like the thunderous sky very much :joyful: well painted

@Krystyna23040 - don't mind chia or hemp seeds, can even manage Marmite but don't offer me broad beans Yuck! fortunately LC doesn't allow them :angelic: :D I hadn't heard of the 'protein powder' variants of chia and hemp though :)

art bit - based on a photo found on the net and painted on Fabriano studio not paper, used masking fluid for the waterfall
upload_2021-6-22_19-16-49.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

we had a lovely hot sunny day here so I got the tub planted up, I decided to put a small rosemary bush in the middle just to give a bit of structure :) then we sat and drank tea in the garden at Mum's when we collected her shopping list.

It has now clouded over and is cooling rapidly, if it doesn't rain we will have to water the plants in tubs this evening. It went from 9'C this morning to 19'C this afternoon and is now rapidly heading back towards 9'C again ;)

Two phone calls today, one from the cousin who visited Mum to say she got home safely, one from another cousin to say his son had passed away from liver disease earlier this morning. It's been a strange day :sorry:

@gennepher - a very fine picture of the badger, strange that it should be more curious than frightened :)

@dunelm - lovely trees with a fine graphic quality against those mountains, I like the thunderous sky very much :joyful: well painted

@Krystyna23040 - don't mind chia or hemp seeds, can even manage Marmite but don't offer me broad beans Yuck! fortunately LC doesn't allow them :angelic: :D I hadn't heard of the 'protein powder' variants of chia and hemp though :)

art bit - based on a photo found on the net and painted on Fabriano studio not paper, used masking fluid for the waterfall
View attachment 50121
I have a Hug for your strange day of mixed emotions, winner for all you achieved and a fine watercolour.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morninga and a 6.3 for me today. A meal of Aubergine, stuffed but no rice or carbs involved, salad but late as we had been out to watch Grandaughters jumping their ponies.

Off to Powis Castle today we enjoy the terraced gardens sohope theweatheris kind to us.

Keep safe and let time take you where it may.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

View attachment 50121
A strange day indeed and a hug for that. Thank you, as always for your kind comments and also for posting your wonderful waterfall.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this lovely sunny morning. Off for the dog walk shortly then off to classes at Beetley Village hall. We have to go early to sanitise the hall.

Can't wait to get back and use my computer. The new cable was delivered yesterday and Mr K says I now get 500mbps. So I am truly supersonic.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a propellers in a clear blue sky start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a chicken stir fry with zero noodles and a greedy handful of prawn crackers rocked in at 5.8 this am.

Girl in the bubble yesterday to fun and frolics chatting to ducks and geese in the park and a stroll along the beach. Number 1 grandchild (young woman really) turned up in the afternoon so youngest and oldest for football kicking and some strange game of golf in the garden.
Took a picture of one of the trees in the park and had a go at it last night. It does sit next to the lake but the rest of this picture is entirely made up. Unsized rice paper. Have a spectacularly good day, especially if you are involved in International Bin Day parades. Best make some koffy.

upload_2021-6-23_7-16-29.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. We are promised sun and 20C here today so nearly ok. An fbg of 5.3 this morning, unwelcome but seemingly not carb related - about 17 gms yesterday. Hug for the sad news @geefull. Enjoy the gardens @Muddy Cyclist. Ingerland won the soccerball last evening - will Bunter claim the credit? Today I look after my patient and a far too cute granddaughter - not sure what they have done to deserve that. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.3 today

View attachment 50121

And a hug @geefull for your strange bittersweet day.

Thanks for the badger compliment.
I don't think 'my' badgers know the meaning of the word frightened .

A fantastic painting from you. I love it all, and the waterfall...

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Badgers had a right rave up in my back garden last night. It would easier to list the damage they did not cause. They dug up loads plants, hazel saplings, forsythia bushes, roses, flowers, and my fruiting blueberry bush my daughter sent me for Mother's Day.
It has less branches and less berries on it now,

I dare not look in the front garden...

I need a long long sleep...

The dawn was liquid gold this morning....

Painting is in Procreate.

F71F3D35-1A5A-486D-9F17-EC514197C4DD.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a propellers in a clear blue sky start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a chicken stir fry with zero noodles and a greedy handful of prawn crackers rocked in at 5.8 this am.

Girl in the bubble yesterday to fun and frolics chatting to ducks and geese in the park and a stroll along the beach. Number 1 grandchild (young woman really) turned up in the afternoon so youngest and oldest for football kicking and some strange game of golf in the garden.
Took a picture of one of the trees in the park and had a go at it last night. It does sit next to the lake but the rest of this picture is entirely made up. Unsized rice paper. Have a spectacularly good day, especially if you are involved in International Bin Day parades. Best make some koffy.

View attachment 50130
Beautiful @dunelm
I love this.
Different...

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Happy national bin day fellow posters, painters and gamers.
Nation bin day is always logistical nightmare here in Tilehurst Towers, no useful free time to catch up on posts, sorry.

A 6.2 on that meter......nuff said.

Must go now to take pills, stand in and under that indoor rain cabinet and disc with holes in and rearrange the accumulated detritus that my body generates, then try to cram in a bit more plinky plonky practice before my lesson, while drinking copious amounts of the elixir of life koffy.

Remember the stays....chow for now

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Badgers had a right rave up in my back garden last night. It would easier to list the damage they did not cause. They dug up loads plants, hazel saplings, forsythia bushes, roses, flowers, and my fruiting blueberry bush my daughter sent me for Mother's Day.

View attachment 50132
Hug for #Badgergate, winner for the art

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

View attachment 50132
Big hug for Badger rampage your painting depicts a very bleak landscape under that liquid gold.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Big hug for Badger rampage your painting depicts a very bleak landscape under that liquid gold.

Thanks @dunelm
I have just repotted what was left of the blueberry bush, and raised it up to a garden table top. I went to sit on my bed for a rest, and Mrs blackbird came along.

Oh you've put this here for me, she says,
And promptly helps herself to berries...